It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cannibalism during a SHTF scenario - would you eat or die?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by LightWarrior11

i would eat veggie human burger 1/2 the carbs and extra flavor enhanced..bugs and roots...yummy

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by br0ker

My personal SHTF plan is to eat people WAY before my rations run low. Think about it, less people to share my supplies with, more good food for later when things get bad

But truthfully no I don't think I'd be a cannibal unless it was TRULY life or death even then still I would gag.

I think I would have no problem being USED as food more than eating others, I can't imagine a time or place where I would eat another person.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

You have no idea how hard I laughed.

But seriously. Those people don't have the slightest clue how to survive.
edit on 1-11-2011 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
You might want to be aware......

There will be many Van Helsings to mop up the nests. 40% will clean up the 60%.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
they say there is not enough food in the world and too many people...

maybe jeffrey dahmer was a visionary

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
It happens and it's important to live...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

Would those of you with children rather them die a horrible death or live? People love to judge, it seems that's what we do best and until you find yourself on the brink of death I don't think anyone here can honestly say what they would do. Aside from speculation in a previous post I really don't know what I would do and I hope I never find out.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by br0ker

Originally posted by MysticPearl
The real question is can/will you kill a human for food?

If it came to cannibalism, you're not going to find some fresh, refrigerated human body somewhere. You'd have to kill someone before cannibalism became an option.

And you can kill only those around you, or who's available at the time. What if it's only friends? Only family?

Well, you can turn it around. If someone wanted to kill you, and you survived - they did not. Would you look at them as a piece of meat when you were about to starve?

And setting traps would make you distant from the process - leaving a fresh, refrigerated "whatever" is in the trap.

Jeez... I`m totally grossed out by my own thread. Guess I would be one of those dying in the aftermath with lots of dead "meat" lying around.

Would I look at them as a piece of meat? Remembering my Looney Tunes and how people stranded on a deserted island looked like sausages and porterhouses to each other...yeah, I'd get there eventually. But I have enough grubs in my lawn to last my family a few years! Guess I better hadn't start spraying them now or else I'll have to eat the kids.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ShaithisFerenczy

Cant' agree with her statement.

Food shortage is an illusion created by TPTB and so is overpopultation.
The real problem is that we doing it wrong. Very wrong. Our system is very far from efficient.
This planet has the potential to house and feed many many more than 7bil.
But does man have the savvy and ethics to create and live by a system that is efficient for all?
That's the question.

No, I would absolutely not eat flesh. Human flesh? Where do you get these bazaar ideas? The thought itself is enough to kill me.
I have fasted on water only twice in my life for 13 days each fast. I am ready.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShaithisFerenczy
they say there is not enough food in the world and too many people...

maybe jeffrey dahmer was a visionary

You might want to clarify that statement. Dahmer's ultimate goal was to create a stable of young male sex zombies by destroying just enough of their brains to rid them of any sense of self. The eating people part was just out of curiosity. In his words we "taste like beef" when fried in a pan with butter.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
If all the fish and plants and other animals are gone there is no reason to eat each other we would all be dead in no time as we would have no oxygen etc... but if I was on an treck threw the mountains with diggers and trappers keep pestering us then we got lost I would think about it but then I would come to my sences and build a snowman.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Reply to post by br0ker

After years of smoking, drinking, using drugs, and eating crappy I bet you would taste so horrible that I would rather starve to death.

On the other hand, if you had a healthy diet and lifestyle... I don't think it would be that bad.

But by the time I got to that point I would be so hungry, dehydrated, sleep deprived, and delusional that I think killing myself would be a better option, as long as there is no sign of anything looking up for a long time.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
It's threads like this that expose the truly depraved, immoral, misinformed, unethical and inhumane. Some people aren't fit to be called "human."

Survival of the fittest (natural selection) was about reproduction.

My Uncle was in a concentration camp in WW2. He ate nails and wood, not his fellow soldiers. After the war ended, his stomach lining was so destroyed they said he had a year to live. He actually died in a motorcycle accident six months later. He died a well decorated hero and a man with honor and his integrity intact.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Wouldn't a better movie analogy for this thread be The Road?

The people in alive were also freezing to death and needed food to keep their core temp up.

I think by the time it got that far there wouldn't be enough people left to bother with it.

They would also probably be emaciated so they would be good for stew not steaks.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
This old cookie hey....

I don't think it will ever come to this, and I don't think it is healthy to put your energy into contemplating such matters also. How about instead of wondering about this we try to make the changes that would need to be made to avoid such scenarios? Not trying to be dull OP, although dwelling on this stuff isn't healthy for you.

To answer your question though, no, I wouldn't eat people.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
If a SHTF situation causes the only edible thing left on earth to be another human being, you probably don't want to be eating that either. (ie. radiation kills half of earth.)

there are doomsday seedbanks for a reason, go raid (in said situation.)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by UnlimitedSky

Really? You really believe that food crisis is a created theme?

I`m not sure you really know how well educated you are in agriculture.

First of all, the primary food sources in the world today are corn, wheat and rice. To produce this you need land. Land is either fertile or not. For land to become naturally fertile if it`s not already, takes a very long time - we`re talking years to decades.

Now - to make enough food to day we have had to resort to a couple of things.

1. Fertilizer - and the fertilizer we have enough of is made either by industry - where we take the nitrogen out of the air. We also dig up our natural fertilizer resources that are diminishing rapidly. Potash. Feces fertilizer and organic fertilizer just simply isn`t good enough to produce enough food.

In agriculture the land also gets impervious to fertilizer eventually. You will need ever increasing amounts of fertilizer to get the same results.

2. Genetical modification of the food to make less losses in production. This process has eliminated a lot of the natural heirloom and the nutritional facts of GM food is still being discussed.

3. Overfishing - yes - we are overfishing. If you believe this issue has been created by the media then I suggest you go talk to some fishermen. I know by personal experience that our seas resources are rapidly diminishing and at the point where "production" doesn`t make demand. This is ONE of the reasons why we now also have genetically modified fish like cod and trout, profit is another reason. There simply isn`t enough naturally fish anymore. For gods sake, the Japanese are eating pretty much everything you find in the ocean - including dolphins. They`re eating more different stuff now then before, and it`s mostly because they can`t catch enough of what they did before to make demand.

If there is ANY hope of meeting demand for food in the future we will have to resort to eating algae.

The last nail in our coffin would be all the garbage we`re producing. You might not see it after they take it away, but it`s everywhere and recycling just doesn`t cut it. If you have any idea how algorithms work then you will understand that the curve of human population is increasing quite exponentially.

If everyone had land to create food for them selves then ok - we might be better off. Preferably using aquaponics. But that is not the reality of the world, and until we are at the breaking point - it will not happen. Before that you would have super-inflation in food prices before everyone took to making their own food. At this point there simply won`t be enough good land and fresh water to do so.

Sorry to bust your bubble.
edit on 1-11-2011 by br0ker because: spelling

edit on 1-11-2011 by br0ker because: more spelling

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam
It's threads like this that expose the truly depraved, immoral, misinformed, unethical and inhumane. Some people aren't fit to be called "human."

Survival of the fittest (natural selection) was about reproduction.

My Uncle was in a concentration camp in WW2. He ate nails and wood, not his fellow soldiers. After the war ended, his stomach lining was so destroyed they said he had a year to live. He actually died in a motorcycle accident six months later. He died a well decorated hero and a man with honor and his integrity intact.

True, but we live in a society with a lot of depraved, immoral, misinformed, unethical and inhumane people.
This is a huge security risk in an eventual scenario. Even though it might be something that we would not like to talk about I feel it would be a real issue in many of the scenario`s posted in this part of the forum.

Also - it applies to other scenarios where you might be stranded. In the movie Alive they we`re faced with the option. And one man who got the strength from his dead comrades made it out by this "food" and rescued many of his fellow survivalists. You may have to see the film and hear their interviews to grasp the theme.

Btw. Sorry for your loss, sounded like a good man.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I am a vegeterian. But really I think if I was starving I would eat anything....

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I'm not eating people, the end. I don't care if I'm starving to death, and having been close, I can still stand by this. I've never been hungry enough to eat a man sandwich. I wont be. I'd off myself before eating people. Oh, but you wanna eat me when I'm dead... that's your bizz. Just realize you're gonna get sick.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by br0ker

Considering we all have to die sooner or late anyway - how much time am I really gaining by becoming a cannibal? When I die I hope NOT to die a cannibal - and so I have to say no matter what the circumstances, if I was in full control of my mental faculties, I would never intentionally swallow human flesh. I think it is disgusting enough to bite ones fingernails so I seriously don't think you will ever find me digesting any other part of human being.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join