It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cannibalism during a SHTF scenario - would you eat or die?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikhailBakunin
Trust me... my Steakhouse will be the best place in town for a good hardy meal.

I prefer sun energy if you really wanna know...

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Couldn't agree more. And meditation and prayer.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I doubt I'd be desperate enough to commit cannibalism, but what I might do is if I found a person, say, encroaching upon my territory, I'd kill them, then chop up the body and use it as bait in my live traps.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by br0ker

LMAO.. well, if that`s you on the picture I`d.... (uhumm) eat you.

Sheesh! What am I? A piece of meat?!

What my picture doesn't show is the anorexic state your thread has forced me in...the body will be practically skeletal by the time your paws get a part...

Which leaves you with my brains... might significantly increase your IQ while you are partaking to survive...

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

Even a family with children?

One of my contacts, was a tall blond woman in a blue uniform that said, those who go to the front of the lineup will be sent to the back. And then I was shown the biblical loaves and fishes, meaning, share even out of meager stocks with all, for everyone is family.

What does it matter if you gain a day, a week, or a year longer. Its how we treat ohters that determines infinite journeys. I'd make a friend out of him and gather more to share and create with.
edit on 2-11-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by alien
...so all the multitude of food that exists all around me in the forests, rivers, sea and so forth is no longer an option??

In my country we are surrounded by a veritable supermarket of foodstuffs...its just not prettily packaged and air-tight wrapped...

BUT - if, for some reason, every other edible substance just happened to up and vanish or become no longer so...then I'd likely take my rifle and put one in my own head before I chow down on someone elses...

Then again, like any scenario - its one of those things you don't know until you know...you know...

Your`re lucky. Where I live there`s not many wild edibles, we don`t even have cattail. Wild animals, not so much either. The occasional rabbit, large game and birds. But we have strict laws of hunting. The only way you`re allowed to hunt is by rifle and shotgun. No snares, or traps that can kill animals. We also have to pay to hunt, no matter what we want to hunt. Even with fish in the lakes you have to pay to fish - even if you don`t catch anything. If you break the law it`s a maximum penalty of 3 years in prison. But in an endgame scenario all bets are off.

To everyone saying there would be enough edibles in the US, remember that your population density is 31 people per square kilometer. Unless I`m mistaken that means there is 31 people per 3280x3280 feet. 1 acre = 43560 square feet. You have 31 people per 108 000 square feet. 3500 square feet per person - that`s 8% of an acre.

Utilizing optimal methods - like in posts before (aqua+hydro -ponics) they were able to produce ABOUT 1 million pounds of low calorie food on 3 acres. That means 333 333 pounds of low cal food per acre. If you grew food everywhere in the US you`d be able to produce (333 333 * 0,08)= 26 666 lbs of food per person a year.

Now, the typical aquaponic vegetables you can grown produce give about a mean of 20calories per 100grams. Hydroponic vegetables give about a mean of 10calories per 100grams. So lets go with 200 calories per kilo, the maximum. The normal person needs about 2500 calories per day not to loose weight with moderate activity level. That means you need 12,5 kilos of greens per day to keep your weight - that`s 5,6 lbs. 5,6lbs*365= 2044lbs per year of greens per person.

So, IF you are able to produce the OPTIMAL amount of food possible on about 1/10 of the total land mass of the US - then you`ll be able to feed everyone with greens. This is not giving any room for a bad year.

I don`t believe you`d be able to utilize every single square foot of the US to growing food.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by satron

Even a family with children?

One of my contacts, was a tall blond woman in a blue uniform that said, those who go to the front of the lineup will be sent to the back. And then I was shown the biblical loaves and fishes, meaning, share even out of meager stocks with all, for everyone is family.

What does it matter if you gain a day, a week, or a year longer. Its how we treat ohters that determines infinite journeys. I'd make a friend out of him and gather more to share and create with.
edit on 2-11-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

Any perceived threat.

Now, that doesn't mean I'd kill indiscriminately.

So they have a family. So do I. We are a family that believes in the infinite journey as well, but we don't believe there is karma involved. We know there is a common sense you must carry in this life, and that is really the point, live in the here and now, and not to live by some supernatural law. So I'd advise you not to travel close my clan looking threatening lol.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by fg45rr1

Sounds totally awesome!!! I love the Canadian wilderness. Lots of wildlife and nature. You only have 3,4 people per square kilometer. It sounds manageable, it`s one tenth of the population per square feet that the US has. As long as you could keep you`re borders from flooding from the US.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

Self defense of a child, or loved one, and then self is understandable, if its a direct danger that cannot be handled in any other way, or negotiated, but to me all other ways would have to be exhausted first unless it was a surprise attack, or placed in God's hands, Family's hands above. Otherwise I'd just share.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
It would all depend on what I was worth. If I was laid up with a broken foot and couldn't help the others, I'd offer my self up for dinner but if I were leading a pack and my survival helped secure the survival of others then... maybe.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by BurningSpearess
reply to post by br0ker

LMAO.. well, if that`s you on the picture I`d.... (uhumm) eat you.

Sheesh! What am I? A piece of meat?!

What my picture doesn't show is the anorexic state your thread has forced me in...the body will be practically skeletal by the time your paws get a part...

Which leaves you with my brains... might significantly increase your IQ while you are partaking to survive...

Wouldn`t eat eat.. just nibble a bit
Sorry about the anorexia, didn`t mean to hurt you`re appetite.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
If I had access to a gun or some drug that would kill me, I would use it to kill myself, as I wouldn't want to live in a world where cannebalism was excistent.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by pcbph
If I had access to a gun or some drug that would kill me, I would use it to kill myself, as I wouldn't want to live in a world where cannebalism was excistent.

[color=cyan]
You have good compassion, so KEEP your FAITH and you may exist elsewhere so dont consider suicide ITS NOT AN OPTION... Life and death are phases within existence.

NAMASTE*******

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Leave the all seeing father out of the eating. Besides, if you eat inside a box of lead he won`t see you. Or was that superman?? Hmm.. Well, it was either God or Superman that can`t see through lead.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
With this thread in mind, I'm sure some will find this link interesting.

101 Ways to Prepare Long Pork

While it may be easy for us to say "No!, I would never do THAT!". One never really knows until they are starving, or watching a wife or child starve to death. Its not a simple thing as running out of energy and laying down and dieing quietly.
Starvation

In a SHTF situation and you are living in any type of community, you may find yourself eating long pork and enjoying it before you even know what it is. You might be very grateful that someone has such a good chili recipe.

Would I eat another human? Without a doubt, yes. Also, I would want to be eaten if it ensured the survival of my family or close friends. Would I kill a family member or close friend for food? No. But, since we are all starving to death, it will only be a matter of who dies first and if the survivor has the energy left to even eat enough to survive at that point.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
So I just came from the gym.

And in this thread about 1/3 of the answers are: yeah,, sure.. i`ll eat "you" under some circumstances!

First time I`ve ever been working out and having the thought crossing my mind: If things really went apocalyptical, which ones of these people would actually want my arm roasting over an open fire. And I could almost imagine who would, but of course that feeling is simply just wrong. AND the odds of the world actually going completely down the drain in our lifetime are also pretty slim.

But if it did, I`d be OK.. nobody would be snacking on my merry ass!!!
edit on 2-11-2011 by br0ker because: spelling

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by br0ker

if all forms of vegetation, all animals,birds and fish were gone id let myself die.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by AncientAstronaut
I would happily wither away. I hadn't existed in this current physical body for trillions upon trillions of years before and I eventually cease to not for trillions to come. When you think about it dying is not that big of a deal, sometimes we forget that when we fail to hop to the next rock for a bigger picture. I believe in my body of non luminescent light as part of the one substance and so is only a temporary fleeting form of that substance.

I wonder if I'll miss me?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by lance_covel
With this thread in mind, I'm sure some will find this link interesting.

101 Ways to Prepare Long Pork

While it may be easy for us to say "No!, I would never do THAT!". One never really knows until they are starving, or watching a wife or child starve to death. Its not a simple thing as running out of energy and laying down and dieing quietly.
Starvation

In a SHTF situation and you are living in any type of community, you may find yourself eating long pork and enjoying it before you even know what it is. You might be very grateful that someone has such a good chili recipe.

Would I eat another human? Without a doubt, yes. Also, I would want to be eaten if it ensured the survival of my family or close friends. Would I kill a family member or close friend for food? No. But, since we are all starving to death, it will only be a matter of who dies first and if the survivor has the energy left to even eat enough to survive at that point.

I wonder why people who are starving in Africa don't eat each other.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join