It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cannibalism during a SHTF scenario - would you eat or die?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
It's all sh**s and giggles right now for some of you posting in this thread to say, yes I would. I don't think you'd survive long enough to the point where you ever contemplate eating humans for survival. Statistically 50,000 people starve to death a day, that's a few dozen people in the amount of time it takes you to read a post this size. Somewhere in the world, this very second, living people like you or me are taking their last breaths, they have no more energy to expend. They're feeling the most horrific pain. They don't have the strength to cannibalize even if they wanted to. Death before dishonor.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I have a feeling that in a situation of extreme starvation, our animal instincts would overpower our reason and people would be on the menu. I remember once hearing that human flesh tastes like pork, I think it was a Jeapardy question. So add condiments and barbeque sauce to your survival supplies.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
not being funny, but i would eat someone if say they had just died, i wouldnt kill them, but eat them? yep, i would

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier
I would eat the rich without hesitation, preferably the thigh and leg meat as well as rib meat but would throw away the rest. I have heard that human flesh is somewhat like pork... no joking.

Bon Appetite

edit on 1-11-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

In Polynesia it used to be called Long Pork.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by br0ker

I would have to say it would also depends on who it was

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by philosearcher
I really always wondered what human flesh or meat would taste like. Flesh would probably be nasty but I think the meat might just be like most other meat and depending on if the person worked out would determine how lean the meat was.

Human meat is closer to white meat rather than red meat; its taste reminds of, well, chicken or turkey...

... no, don't ask.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Burgo1010

i thought the best part of human is just below the thumb not that i would know
just remember hearing it somewhere

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Thats a pretty serious question. I guess it depends. If im near death...Hell yea! But it wouldnt happen as fish and animals are-a-plenty. I'd eat squirrell before a person, but then again, we are all animals

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I would have my cellar full of people bred and raised like cattle strictly for my human steakhouse upstairs. The humans will be captive in highly sanitized conditions and will be fattened to the point their limbs are phantom because they will not be mobile.

I'd have to use a bartering system since there would be no monetary system intact. It'll be a nice cozy place to dine out with your family with live jazz musicians on a Friday night.

Maybe after a year or so we can start a chain of restaurants and monopolize... boosting the economy... choice cuts for all. I might even deliver depending on weather conditions and also radiation levels.

The real question is.... what sides do you cannibals think compliment a good human t-bone? Surely not the over eaten french fry... that's so... proto-apocalyptic
edit on 2-11-2011 by MikhailBakunin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dystopiaphiliac
It's all sh**s and giggles right now for some of you posting in this thread to say, yes I would. I don't think you'd survive long enough to the point where you ever contemplate eating humans for survival. Statistically 50,000 people starve to death a day, that's a few dozen people in the amount of time it takes you to read a post this size. Somewhere in the world, this very second, living people like you or me are taking their last breaths, they have no more energy to expend. They're feeling the most horrific pain. They don't have the strength to cannibalize even if they wanted to. Death before dishonor.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SelfSustainedLoner
Your a total idiot..(to the OP).

Are you not able to catch frogs? go fishing? shell fishing for zebra clams? Do you hate vegetation? What is wrong with eating beaver? What is wrong with eating squirrel or rabbit, or anything that is fresh roadkill? This thread is a pollution of the mind. I can't even believe the amount of post's this thread has obtained.....

The only reasonable excuse to eat a human is when you may die due to starvation .
edit on 2-11-2011 by SelfSustainedLoner because: (no reason given)

Thanks.

I read you`re reply before you changed it. You stated that I was an idiot, then you commenced to saying - that you would do it yourself, as well as all the other alternatives that your post now reads. You have conflicts of interest sir, and you`re shooting from your hip when you shoot.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Originally posted by Dystopiaphiliac

But these aren't us Americans dying en masse, correct? These are uneducated inbred walking figments of humans... right? When the oppressors and entrepreneurs of the world are backed in the corner we will push the survival limits... we will prosper and reign, like the greedy bastards we have been for hundreds of years. We will dine at our tables, laughing, our bellies full of our devourees, our reluctance and pursuit of luxurious companionship shall lead us vigorously to a new world in which we shall also bask in our triumphant reign.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
At that point i'd probably be like "Huh, wonder what the next stage of consciousness is" Honestly, id rather die.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by brilab45
reply to post by br0ker

Good question OP. However, I am sure I would prefer to eat bugs, plants, pets, etc. Humans carry way to many diseases. Imagine chomping down on a rarely or tartar cooked HIV body.

Or how about a Hep A,B,C, person? Not sounding too edible to me.

Healthy human fat tissue just sounds unappetizing. Few humans have meat on their bones. The WWF folks might be like a great fat chicken breast, yet women would be like eating a chicken thigh. No meat.

Humans are simply not all that meaty and can barely imagine them tasty. Can anyone say " Jeffrey Dahmer"?

No thanx, I will shoot myself in the head before starving or even entertaining the idea of eating another human being. OR MY PETS!

Guess I am the weakest link. Goodbye! LOL

Vell that`s simply not true. The more you weigh, the more muscles you will have - as long as you move as much as a normal person. You`ll need muscles to move more weight. Meat is what other people call muscles. If they`re massaged a lot then you get more tender meat. I think most diseases and viruses die when properly cooked.

My self, I`m still don`t think I could do it if it was a real scenario.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
i'd eat it. i wouldn't kill anybody just to eat them, but if they were already dead i would eat them, for sure.
the taste and texture would probably give me the dry heaves though. i would probably die from not being able to keep any of it down lol.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by IamLael

Seen it, didn`t think much of it. I`d give it a C. I`m more the Action/Comedy/Scif-fi guy, not the Sci-fi/Thriller genre.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikhailBakunin
But these aren't us Americans dying en masse, correct? These are uneducated inbred walking figments of humans... right?

Wrong they are YOUR FELLOW SAPIENS SAPIENS SMH
... Its not a good direction to go eating each other. then what happens when a blood disease grows and becomes a virus and ends up killing those remaining.
edit on 11/2/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by br0ker
My self, I`m still don`t think I could do it if it was a real scenario.

what about Tuesday night free pitcher of my bootlegged brew to go with your juicy choice cut? Would you try it then?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
SOYLENT GREEEEEN!!!!

lol sorry for the small post i just had to say it

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Originally posted by MikhailBakunin
But these aren't us Americans dying en masse, correct? These are uneducated inbred walking figments of humans... right?

Wrong they are YOUR FELLOW SAPIENS SAPIENS SMH
... Its not a good direction to go eating each other. then what happens when a blood disease grows and becomes a virus and ends up killing those remaining.
edit on 11/2/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

My cellar will be kept HIGHLY SANITIZED... the humans will constantly be checked for diseases... just like your local animal farms. Trust me... my Steakhouse will be the best place in town for a good hardy meal.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join