It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who's the next front runner for the GOP?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
With Perry going off on his rant, and Cain wandering into territory that destroyed Clarence Thomas, I think it's fair to say at least some GOP voters are going to take a serious look at who is left to challenge Mr. Congeniality, Mitt Romney. So my question is whose turn will it be to take a rise in the polls?

Given his performance in the debates, I tend to think Gingrich will get the next push as the "conservative" alternative to Romney. Agree?

I'd love to see Paul get it, but I still think the GOP is going to be to hawkish for him to win there. That said, options seem to be dwindling.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Whoever the establishment want it to be.

People don't want to admit it, but the only reason Ron Paul is even able to compete in the race is because they know he has no chance of winning. If it looked even slightly like Ron Paul could actually win the Republican Nomination, they'd take him out and blame it on "old age." It really is that simple, and other than a small, vocal group on the Internet thinking it was a conspiracy, the majority of the public would buy whatever the media told them happened.

It's all a script. Whoever wins will be whoever they want to win.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by cassandranova
Cain wandering into territory that destroyed Clarence Thomas

thomas is on the supreme court. i'd say he fared ok.

new topics

join