It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ashes (D&G)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
"It wasn't as if anyone got hurt!!" The little boy cried, blue eyes cutting to see if she were even paying attention now that Jenson was sweeping up the shattered pieces of the vase.

"Oh, luvkins, of course it isn't as if Anyone got hurt. Grandmama has been dead for aeons, and Jenson has unfortunately gotten some previous practice in separating her ashes form the shards of the vase. I seem to recall when I myself were a child, while running through these very halls, I too knocked her straight off her pillar!!" Mother gave a hearty laugh, followed by a hearty slug of her ever present drink. She waltzed over to him and patted his curly mop of blonde scruff, and he drank in her scent as she flounced from the room.

As soon as the door fell shut, the little boy turned a glare towards Jenson.

"That's not really Grandmama, is it, Jenson?" The child asked, taking a step away from the butler towards the door and his mother. All of a sudden, he did not want to play here any more.

"You're right boy, they ain't jus' yor mammy's ashes, though, who tol' you about it?" Jenson coughed and spittle flew from his thick lips. The little boy creeped ever more close to the door....

"Whose ashes are they too, then?" The child asked, his voice raising an octave, along with his heart rate....

Jenson squinted at the boy, and his thick lips parted into a brown toothed leer. He lurched at the child, and grabbed him, their faces so close the child could smell the bourbon on Jenson's breath....

"Why, yor momma didden tell ya'? They be YOR ashes, boy, they be YOR ashes...."

The boy screamed and squealed and wiggled out of the old man's arms, high tailing it from his mother's dressing room quicker than ol' Jenson had EVER seen.

Enjoying the now quiet of the floor, Jenson continued his given tasks, whistling pleasantly under his breath.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Plucked this one from my old files, thought it had a creepy gloomy doomy feel to it. At least for this one small moment in the young man's life, that is.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Very Southern Gothic feel, love it!

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

That’s exactly how I imagined the scene as well, very gothic. i had the boy wearing black knee pants, long white stockings, and white frilly shirt with a vest.

I loved it. The language clearly showed them as being very upper class .

S&F from me. very original

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
In this piece, I was trying to capture the stark terror only a child can feel. From a child's perspective, I am certain Jensen is as doom and gloom to his little world as anything we adults face, lol!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

This story made me smile. How I would love to kick Jenson where it hurts...

He reminds me of Filtch...

S&F !!! If I was a kid, this IS the story I would avoid !!!

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
sos, that guy would make an excellent Jenson!

Thanks for reading my story.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

yeah. . .wow, what a trip!?

top topics

join