It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All things Pagan. A Druid's guide.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Hello auto, thanks for stopping in. As per your scrying post above, do you practice scrying? What's your favorite method if so?

Yes, there are many ways to scry. You can even scry the leaves on a tree in the wind.

As per your "cult" comment, I do believe there does need to be some form of intent to control or otherwise convert an individual to your beliefs, and usually under the direction of an individuals own "inner sight". Is a coven really a cult? I'll ponder that a bit, however, they are voluntary groupings. Thoughts?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whosthatgirl
I am a Pagan and I dedicate myself to channeling the Spiritual energy of my inner self to help and to heal others and myself.

I know that I am part of the Whole of nature. May I grow in understanding of the Unity of all Nature. May I always walk in balance.

May I always be mindful of the diversity of Nature as well as its Unity. May I always be tolerant of those whose race, appearance, culture and ways differ from my own.

May I use my psychic powers wisely and never use it for aggression or for malevolent purposes.

May I never use it to curtail the free will of others.

May I always remember that I create my own reality and that I have the power within me to create positivity in my life.

May I always take responsibility for my actions be they conscious or unconscious.

May I always act in honorable ways, being honest with myself and others, keeping my word whenever I have given it, fulfilling all responsibilities and commitments I have undertaken to the best of my abilities.

May I always remember that whatever is sent out returns magnified to the sender. The forces of Karma will move swiftly to remind me of my spiritual commitments when I have begun to falter from them. May I use this Karmic feedback to remain strong and committed to my Spiritual ideals in the face of adversity or negativity. May the force of my inner Spirit eliminate all malevolence directed my way and transform it into positive light. May my inner light shine so strongly that malevolence can not even enter my realm of existence.

May I continually grow in wisdom and understanding. May I see every problem that I face, as an opportunity to learn and grow and to develop spiritually.

May I act out of love for other beings on this planet -- to other human, plants, animals, mineral, elementals, spirits or other entities.

May I ever be mindful that the Goddess and God in all their forms dwell within me and that this divinity is reflected through my own Inner Self, my Pagan Spirit.

May I always channel love and light through my being. May my inner Spirit, rather than my Ego self, guide all my thoughts, feelings and actions.

Hi Who! Spoken like a true Pagan. Thanks for joining in.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Merry Meet
Thanks for posting: You are very brave to put yourself so far out there!
I am a follower of Seax Wica, but will not disclose that much personal info.....

S&F for your bravery

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
I see this thread has turned into a Merry Meet...I love it!

I'll be following the postings here with great interest. I too, am Pagan. Living in the deep South, it's not something I talk about with many folks here. It is the belt buckle of the bible belt, and my Witchy ways would be very much looked down upon. But, some of the folks up here don't seem to have a problem in requesting help with healing, when conventional Doctors haven't helped. I tend to keep a low profile, and let my everyday life speak for me. That old adage of live your beliefs, not spout them, keeps me in balance.

Bright Blessings,

Des

Hi Des! Thanks for contributing, and yes, this is turning out to be a nice Henge.

If you don't mind me asking, what are some of the "activities" you keep a low profile on? I do think it's tragic that so many others are "brainwashed" with intolerance. I've had my share of encounters in the past, but I tend to speak my mind, and have pointed out the logical inconclusiveness in their beliefs, to the point where they refuse to discuss "Religion" with me.

It is true that those same folks will come back and ask for help when they need it, often when their own beliefs and abilities fail them.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by amaster
After twelve plus years of catholic indoctrination I denounced the church and faith I was unwillingly baptized in to and began searching on my own for what made the most sense to me in this world.

Hi there ama! Thanks for joining in. That's the same basic way my own path started. I wasn't catholic, but pentecostal. Ugh! My personal BS meter was active at a very early age.

It is my opinion that we and all the world around us, throughout the entire cosmos, is comprised of energy which I prefer to simply call a life force. That life force can be positive, negative, or neutral, all to varying degrees. The more “organic” a person or thing is, the more powerful the energy. When we are conceived we are infused with the life force of our parents. When we eat, we consume those who came before us. And when we die, our energy is returned to the Earth. We become it, we consume it, and we spend it, but if trained and focused, we can harness it and build it within ourselves and eventually, if strong enough, we can radiate it.

Very well said. I also like to stay away from labels, but "life force" is acceptable to me in your explanation.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
My question, for anyone willing to answer: where do you keep your altar? I keep mine by my big front window, where it gets sun all day. But then, I'm lucky and don't have to hide my religion at all.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by wlord
yo why are we looking at pic of your nipples bruh?

What I posted are pics from a ritual I do on Samhain to remind me of my pagan beliefs as a druid. It's a personal thing. Every day that I get a shower, or shave, I look in the mirror and see my pentacle. I haven't preformed it since '09, because my last branding is still clear and visible.

I don't have any tattoos, but for me, I like the brand. It serves the same purpose.

Btw, the nipples are there to show perspective, as my brand is on my right breast.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by galactix

Hi there gala, thanks for posting. Glad you found your path. I am impressed that you "converted" from Atheism.

Tarot, eh? Amazing read.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise
Merry Meet
Thanks for posting: You are very brave to put yourself so far out there!
I am a follower of Seax Wica, but will not disclose that much personal info.....

S&F for your bravery

Hi Star! Thanks for your kind words. I don't consider it bravery, just honesty.

Bravery to me is overcoming an insurmountable situation. It takes courage to do that. I'm just posting in a thread I started for all of us Pagans. It's interesting so far, to say the least.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by cetaphobic

The Earth is my alter

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Just thought I'd post this book for general perusal. I have found it very useful. It explains the Keek-Stane or, skrying stone/glass. and many other very interesting aspects of the original Picts. An easy read.

These pages are based on a book "Scottish Witchcraft, The History & Magick of the Picts" by Raymond Buckland. Many things were reworded and omitted because of space on the web site. My personal comments are usually in brackets.

The Highlands of what is now Scotland were earlier inhabited by people known as the Picts, or Pechts. In fact, this area was then known as "Pictland" and did not become "Scotland" until as late as the eleventh century. A second century Roman geographer, Ptolemy, drew the earliest map of the region. On it he showed four tribes: the Venicones, Tazali, Vacomagi and Caledoni. By the third century these four had become two tribes, the Caledoni and the Maeatae, and by the end of the third century merged as one nation, the Picts.

These people have long been a mystery, partly because they spoke a language that is now lost. When the Scots became a dominant force in the welding together of medieval Scotland, it was not in their interests to keep alive any Pictish traditions.

The Scots, incidentally, were immigrants from Ireland who, having come first as raiders, by the fifth century had settled in the under-populated areas of the west. By the seventh century they were virtually masters of the lowlands.

The right of succession to the throne was matrilinear-in other words, reckoned through the mother. This practice was in existence for well over three hundred years, that we know of, and probably much longer.

Most of what was learned about the Picts was through their art. They used powerful animal symbols and geometric forms. Jewelry, metalwork, stone carvings: all show the same highly skilled craftsmanship.

www.brenna.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
John 14:6
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Have a good time in Hell!

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusSaves2008
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Brian 19:42
Brian said unto Jesus "Go forth and multiply".

Have a miserable time on Earth.
edit on 1-11-2011 by BrianDamage because: to do editing type stuff

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusSaves2008

We certainly will, have a good time being reincarnated as a slug!

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by cetaphobic

My altar is all over, sections in the bedroom, parts in the kitchen cut-out, and parts by my computer. Basically, my altar is my home. For rituals, I usually use the kitchen table, and assemble components there.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusSaves2008

I don't think Jesus would approve of your "have a good time in hell"....

You ooze anger, resentment, and are filled with self loathing. I feel sorry for you.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

My main alter is in my living room, with smaller ones scattered about the home.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Thats great! Just keep in mind that, while you're out back playing catch with Jesus and his dad, all those traditions and holiday celebrations you christians love to partake in, were started in Paganisim.
Have a nice day!

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

It's too bad the concept of Hell is useless to Pagans. We see beyond the fear-mongering you espouse.

But since you went there, would you mind telling us the three most important concepts that Jesus talked about during his life?

And another, trickier question: Where exactly is the location of Hell? "A place reserved for the devil and his angels..." But where?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Ahhh, it's refreshing to see so many pagans, witches, druids, wiccans and open minded folks popping up here on ATS!!

I too follow a paganistic path, I call myself a witch. But only to myself and few others as I am a solitary practioner and have been for the last 13 years. I celebrated my 13th anniversary of my dedication ritual just yesterday

I feel better than ever, my unending search for knowledge has served me well, and I look forward to my next 13 years and beyond. I am pushing myself to come out of the closet a step further to meet others who share my love of this nature path. So, with that said...

Merry Meet everyone!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join