It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First the homeless, now, even worse, a capitalist invades OWS

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by Maluhia

Couldn't resist.......

This. This is the exactly problem with OWS and Americans in general. Sure there are some people who are genuinely down on their luck. But MOST of them are either like the above guy, or they are in debt because of their own stupid choices.

We live GREAT in America. At a mere 10$ an hour I can save 200-300$ a month, eat healthy, and enjoy my hobbies which happen to be non expensive- reading, studying, meditation, spirituality. I only have to work 35 hour a week, so if I wanted I can go to school as well or get a second job to make more money.

This is what is wrong with America. I'm able to work on expanding my consciousness and making myself a better person, a more loving, compassionate person. Everyone just wants more objects. In this life, this very life, most Americans have the ability to make a tremendous amount of spiritual progress if they chose to do so. Or, they can be attached to objects and things and worry about how they are ever going to be able to afford an iPhone 5...

Live within your means, think about what you really have, love your friends and family, spend your time wisely. If you can make an extra buck while doing these things, great! If not, it could be far, far, far worse.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
A lot of people just can't say no when it comes to buying the latest, greatest things being marketed from cell phones and video equipment to athletic shoes, cold drinks and new items on the menu at their favorite fast food items.... Most young people can't prepare a meal unless it is something that can be thrown into a micro wave oven and nuked or think ahead to have money on hand for when their car needs tires, brake replacement or the deductible if they are involved in an accident or have damage to their car from vandals or road hazards.... Life is much easier if you aren't stupid but there are smart people that work, go to school and think out how they can live on what they make and have something like an illness or accident that comes along and screws their life up to where they do end up unemployed and on the street..

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join