It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First the homeless, now, even worse, a capitalist invades OWS

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by hypervigilant

^ look folks a classic example of people seeing what they want to see.
I watched it again and saw a smiling cop just like I said before, yeah he looked a little upset about the hat thing.....

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

reply to post by Mr. D

You don't win the hearts and minds of people by giving them chaos.

If you think this is the way to do things you will find yourself on the losing end of the battle.

I am not trying to win hearts and minds of anyone. Giving chaos to whom exactly? Bailout the people instead of the rich, that would put an end to all of this. They bailed out the super rich and guess what? Still NO JOBS, things seem to be getting worse and you are worried about those being protested.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr. D

Ahh...So that is what makes lawlessness ok.

Not having a job.

Why didn't I think of that

You are ridiculous.

-----------------------

1. I'm against all lawlessness.

2. Government doesn't create jobs and CAN'T create jobs in the private sector by giving you or anyone else money.

3. The fact that you are trying to divert from the lawless behavior from OWS people by saying I'm for whatever they are protesting is just a classic example of deflection you people have gotten down to a science.

However it doesn't work on me.
edit on 1-11-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
The lawless are on both sides and at times when there is a camera panning on the unruly crowd and the aggressors are lit up like a professionally set up and shot action scene like seen in a movie it probably is......www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Except it isn't.

You're making stuff up to make yourself believe that OWS can do no wrong.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

reply to post by Mr. D

Ahh...So that is what makes lawlessness ok.

Not having a job.

Why didn't I think of that

You are ridiculous.

-----------------------

1. I'm against all lawlessness.

2. Government doesn't create jobs and CAN'T create jobs in the private sector by giving you or anyone else money.

3. The fact that you are trying to divert from the lawless behavior from OWS people by saying I'm for whatever they are protesting is just a classic example of deflection you people have gotten down to a science.

However it doesn't work on me.

You can try to belittle me all you want it still doesn't make your position any stronger, on the contrary.

1. If it wasn't for "lawlessness" there would be no USA.
2. I never said it was up to government to provide jobs however when government "gives" our money to the super rich to bail them out to fix the economy and they don't? What then?
3. I am not trying to divert anything. See answer 1.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr. D

The poor get bailed out every day in the form of a plethora of benefits, freebies and aid.

The rich get bailed out with the effects of inflation, higher interest rates on accounts, lower taxes and job security.

Where is the Middle Classes bailout? WE bailed everyone else out, it's middle class workers and small business owners paying Wall Street's bailouts, and the continuous never ending benefits to the poor.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr. D

Number 1 is a strawman.

We have a country where rule of law exists. You don't have the right to ignore them just because the founders rebelled.

Secondly no one in OWS comes anywhere near the level of character and principled grace exemplified by the founders in those days.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by Mr. D

The poor get bailed out every day in the form of a plethora of benefits, freebies and aid.

The rich get bailed out with the effects of inflation, higher interest rates on accounts, lower taxes and job security.

Where is the Middle Classes bailout? WE bailed everyone else out, it's middle class workers and small business owners paying Wall Street's bailouts, and the continuous never ending benefits to the poor.

That is exactly what I am talking about except why bail out only the middle class? What do you have against the poor? Bailout the people, all of the people who earn less than 300,000 dollars a year. Lets say a stimulus check of 200-250 thousand dollars! What will the people do with that money? Pay off mortgages, cars and bills in general. Who would that help? I'll tell you....everyone. The people pay off bills and the corporations get their stimulus from the bottom up. A win win situation for all, no more mortgage crisis, no more banking crisis, liquidity get's put back into the system and people will invest or save whatever is left.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr. D

The poor have food stamps(which is now and EBT card that allows even the purchase of alcohol), cash transfers, vouchers, low income housing, FREE housing in many instances, free education, and subsidized transportation.

The poor get plenty of help.

The well connected have politicians and tax money to siphon as well. And it all comes from about 52% of the population who works and pays taxes while everyone else sucks that 52% dry.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr. D

What do you have against the poor?

I don't have an issue with the poor. I have an issue with the professional poor.

Bailout the people, all of the people who earn less than 300,000 dollars a year. Lets say a stimulus check of 200-250 thousand dollars!

That'd be great! Not! .. Economics 101.

What will the people do with that money? Pay off mortgages, cars and bills in general.

Well after calculating the inflation.. they'd probably settle with buying a new iphone. And a Big Mac.

Who would that help? I'll tell you....everyone.

The rich. Because inflation is a huge benefit to the wealthy, as it effects investment and savings ... which the poor don't have, and the Middle Class lost.

no more banking crisis

I hate usury, but eliminating the banks asset balances would essentially collapse the economy.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

One OWS member suggested the General Assembly, the movement's governing body, propose new rules curbing Erani and any other profit-hungry vendors from hawking their goods directly in front of Zuccotti.

Just out of curiosity, who the hell is the General Assembly to tell people where they can and cannot sell items in the city of New York?

They are not the law there.

This is moving in a dangerous direction, isn't it? regardless of how it started or why......I think everyone should start paying attention to some of the ways it's maturing and moving. The same thing jumped out at me...and then the stories about wanting to keep rapes internal matters with OWS security committees. It's getting beyond protest stage into...something else.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Except it isn't.

You're making stuff up to make yourself believe that OWS can do no wrong.
Why don't you take a look at the video link I posted.... I watched yours, but unlike you I have an open mind...... I really am at a loss as to what is really happening because I haven't been to an OWS protest site.. I imagine you have made up your mind about who to take the word of what is happening without having personally witnessed a thing except online, on FOX or some corporate sponsored and owned right wing extremist radio program.... Check out the link, it may open your eyes to how we all are being manipulated.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Food stamps piss me off the most.. I hate standing behind a person at the grocery store using their ECB card for their (crappy) food selections, when use the cash to buy boxed win, cigarets and magazines. Throw a Red Bull in there. Meanwhile I have to budget just to afford to go to the store because after my mortgage, two huge student loans, car loans etc and the 6 months it takes me to pay off the IRS I has no money. I end up po'! Poorer than they are!
I know I know.. the poor are like well the middle class like you have houses (40k underwater) oh you have cars (because I have to drive 40 miles each way to the only place that would hire) you got an eduction (that I paid full price for, with $0 in student aid, same with the wife) yeah .. it pisses me off when I see poor people bitch about not getting any help. Just like it pisses me off listening to the rich talk about being victimized by society.

The poor need to realize it's the Middle Class that pays for their free ride.
The rich need to realize the Middle Class doesn't care about them, we only care about making our mortgage and keeping a roof over our families heads.
And the Middle Class needs to realize we need to stop taking !@#!@ from both ends!

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

reply to post by Mr. D

What do you have against the poor?

I don't have an issue with the poor. I have an issue with the professional poor.

Bailout the people, all of the people who earn less than 300,000 dollars a year. Lets say a stimulus check of 200-250 thousand dollars!

That'd be great! Not! .. Economics 101.

What will the people do with that money? Pay off mortgages, cars and bills in general.

Well after calculating the inflation.. they'd probably settle with buying a new iphone. And a Big Mac.

Who would that help? I'll tell you....everyone.

The rich. Because inflation is a huge benefit to the wealthy, as it effects investment and savings ... which the poor don't have, and the Middle Class lost.

no more banking crisis

I hate usury, but eliminating the banks asset balances would essentially collapse the economy.

Wrong. With all the money that has been given to Corporations (Trillions) we should be needing a wheel barrel to buy a loaf of bread by now. That is the BS they teach everyone so that they don't have millions of Americans owning their own homes without the rich being able to steal the houses back. That is an old tired argument that isn't finding traction anymore.

Wrong again. The banks started out without owning all of what they own now, it would free up the economy. They loan out money they don't have, another reason why we find ourselves where we are now.

Class is in session.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr. D

Tiered Economy. Again, economics 101. And it doesn't matter "how banks started" ... it matters how it is now. Sorry. You're wrong.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

reply to post by Mr. D

Tiered Economy. Again, economics 101. And it doesn't matter "how banks started" ... it matters how it is now. Sorry. You're wrong.

Again. Banks loan out money they do not have it is a scam.

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr. D

NO WAY?!?! Are you for real?!?

OK, seriously, I know that....... and it doesn't change anything. (ps, it's called leverage)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

reply to post by Mr. D

NO WAY?!?! Are you for real?!?

OK, seriously, I know that....... and it doesn't change anything. (ps, it's called leverage)

Oh but it does change many things.....OWS.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Yes, people own things. What's your point? Do you expect the protesters to craft their own laptop computer, and stich their own clothing with some twigs and dirt that they found in the forest?

Yes exactly! As long as they keep trying to take down capitalism and the corporations which make all the stuff they wear, type on, eat on, drink out of, and sleep in.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join