It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First the homeless, now, even worse, a capitalist invades OWS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Just out of curiosity, who the hell is the General Assembly to tell people where they can and cannot sell items in the city of New York?

They are not the law there.
Correction: "Who the hell is *this one member of* the General Assembly"

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
iOCCUPY lol.

More power to her.

I thinks she has a valid point.

Customer buys her shirt,

Giving her money which in turn goes to...

She buys the shirts.
Store owner makes money off the sale,
Workers of the store get paid. Owner of the building if not the store owner get rent paid, utilities paid etc.
Manufacturer of the shirt makes more sales thus makes more shirts.
Employees get paid (manufacturing, building rent/upkeep utilities again.)
Shipping companies make money for the shirts deliveries. (Vehicals for deliveries, repair of fleet, fuel, etc.)
that companies employees get paid to deliver them

The factory that makes the cloth for the cloth, their employees get paid, factory owner makes rent pays bills and pays utilities, repair and maintenance workers, delivery service, truck drivers, fleet owner etc.

Harvesters of the cotton, growers of the cotton, the farmer gets to pay his rent/upkeep/taxes...

Not to mention the lady gets to buy food, pay bills, and keeps part of the economy going.

You could not ask for a better example of someone in the 99% doing their share.

It is not like she is going to get rich, she is likely to make ends meet, which is what the 99% should be for. It's not capitalism is all you are doing is getting enough to keep going, it's survival.

M.

edit on 1-11-2011 by Moshpet because: Just to -sell- a shirt, you have other people working to supply the shirt....

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

It was one guy who was pissed off, not the entire movement who agreed to sabotage that womans life for selling shirts

Point noted. Let me see if I can find any other info on the situation.

edit on 1-11-2011 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Apparently the OWS protesters think otherwise.. they seemed to think they conquored the little private park they inhabit and thus are the answering authority.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Capitalism is not a bad thing... Greed, being dishonest and doing it in the name of capitalism is what the OWS started out as being against... I'm betting that the majority of the people involved in the movement aren't against capitalism but the corruption that has become acceptable to the top capitalist that have scored big time by being nothing more than thieves... All of this "greed is good" crap came about in the 1980s or a little before and Jimmy Carter was criticized for making a speech warning of the impending doom we are now experiencing... The deficit when he was in office was 300 billion dollars, Reagan said he could do away with the deficit in 4 years and used one of his famous one line sound bites saying "There you go again, doom and gloom".... Yes here we are now and it really is looking like doom and gloom...

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

BS.

I'm tired of this crap.

OWS thinks the own the effing park. They don't.

OWS thinks they can disobey any laws because they are protesting. They Can't.

OWS thinks they are the law where ever they may be
www.abovetopsecret.com...

They are not, and people are getting hurt because of it. It's just another example.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Correction: "Apparently the OWS protester thinks otherwise.. [he] seemed to think [he] conquored the little private park [he] inhabits and thus [is] the answering authority."

This is one guy that the article is about. One guy who had some computer hacker buddies mess with some lady who pissed him off, and one guy (who I presume to be the same as he isn't named) who suggested new rules regarding that matter. So at the most, two members.

Read it out loud 5 times so you guys can understand it:
"These are two members of the movement, not the entire movement"

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

There are so many examples of this kind of self-entitled behavior by OWS people it's not even funny.

To the point where they are allowing sexual assault to go unaccounted for.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

BS.

I'm tired of this crap.

OWS thinks the own the effing park. They don't.
I don't want to get too technical here, but don't the taxpayers pay for public parks?

OWS thinks they can disobey any laws because they are protesting. They Can't.
Can you cite 3 examples that you can report occuring at all of the nationwide occupy protests? Or just an incident with one or two pissed off people throwing out an idea? I would like to see examples of the entire occupy protest group taking part in intentionally and willingly breaking the law because they are protesting. Then I'll take your absurd, overdramatic claim seriously.

OWS thinks they are the law where ever they may be
From that post:

Efforts by the Occupy Baltimore protest group to evolve into a self-contained, self-governing community have erupted into controversy with the distribution of a pamphlet that victim advocates and health workers fear discourages victims of sexual assaults from contacting police.
It doesn't say "pamphlet that discourages", it says a pamphlet that some fear discourages. So based on that snippet, I'd say it's an opinion, not a fact.

They are not, and people are getting hurt because of it. It's just another example.
A few examples don't speak for the nation/worldwide occupy protests.
edit on 1-11-2011 by TupacShakur because:

edit on 1-11-2011 by TupacShakur because:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

You mean the videos of OWS people counting down and rushing police aren't enough?

You mean rushing cops while they make an arrest isn't enough

You mean covering up rape and wanton theft isn't enough:

Give me a break.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

There are so many examples of this kind of self-entitled behavior by OWS people it's not even funny.
But you do agree that this specific incident that the OP of this thread refers to is describing the opinions/actions of a select few members, and not the entire occupy protest group there, correct?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

No I'm not.

It's an example of an overall mentality.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

To the point where they are allowing sexual assault to go unaccounted for.

LOL! self-entitled behavior? Hmmm let me see who is really self-entitled here....I'd say the bankers and Corporatist are really the self-entitled ones who think they can buy anyone and anything with the money they rob from the people! They "self-entitle" themselves to our hard earned money every day!

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr. D

You don't fight lawlessness with lawlessness and expect to be treated like God's chosen few instead of the criminal one becomes.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

I don't want to get too technical here, but don't the taxpayers pay for public parks?

It's not a public park. It's owned by Brookfield Properties.

www.politickerny.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
That was so obviously staged and instigated it wasn't even believable...Look at the smiling face on the cop in the lower right hand corner as he was moving forward, the half heart'd attempt to take the the hat off of his head by one of the guys at the front of the crowd and the cop reaching up to keep his hat on his head while still smiling...

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by hypervigilant

^ look folks a classic example of people seeing what they want to see.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

look folks a classic example of people seeing what they want to see.

Which is in a nutshell, the core of the problem.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by Mr. D

You don't fight lawlessness with lawlessness and expect to be treated like God's chosen few instead of the criminal one becomes.

I don't expect anything, no expectations.
Sometimes you have to fight fire with fire, use their own weapons against them etc,. God works through all of us, that means WORKS. kinda hard to work when the lawless ones don't let that happen eh?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr. D

You don't win the hearts and minds of people by giving them chaos.

If you think this is the way to do things you will find yourself on the losing end of the battle.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join