It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I loosing my mind?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I can say the playstation and maybe the tv situation you may be able to explain if somebody else had the same tv or has a playstation next door. (not sure how big the range is) I know here my nephews can turn on my xbox with their controllers and I can do the same. They don't have to be connected to the box (like I don't use their xbox and I have my own and my controllers are supposed to be hooked up to my 360 only but can turn theirs on)

The other stuff the way I see it if it's not hurting you just ignore it. That's what we have done to our ghost and it comes around once in awhile but haven't heard from it for I think 2 or so years now.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by wantsome

Have you tried talking to you nana about these things. Old people are often open mined o this kind of stuff...

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   

next time you feel that it is there ask it to leave you alone
be nice but firm thats what my mother did and it worked

when i saw a blackish cloud thing in my flat bedroom
while with my partner (and she saw it too) we both
felt the evil and i just came out with(now please dont laugh)
get out or when i die i will consume you and it left
i know it sounds daft but it worked for me

never show fear show anger

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

and no you have not lost your mind

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Don't make the spirits mad....

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by truthbet0ld

stop posting your dumb ghost videos they are garbage.

But to the person who made this thread sounds to me like you should talk your grandma into moving out of that place and go to church or do anything to get your mind off of it, the more u let it scare you the worse it will become. If you can forget of the existence or it ever happening u will be ok.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Hi there wantsome. Firstly, let me say that I’m a firm believer that there are things unexplainable in the world and in my opinion (based on my own experiences), I believe that most things we perceive as being supernatural are the result of energy surges or energy “globs” converting into a solid which is perceived by the human eye as a tangible form (usually the form of something it once was, which is where the supernatural element comes into play). Then you add to the mix that the energy still holds residual emotion or feelings – both made up of energy - which our innate sixth sense picks up on and you can be faced with some pretty baffling and scary stuff! So no, you are not losing your mind and believe it or not, there are perfectly logical explanations for MOST of these occurrences. I'm sure that some will prefer to believe you’re encountering a ghostly haunting but there's nothing here that makes me believe so.

With that said, I am not skeptical at all about what you have experienced nor do I doubt the fear it's induced in you and your grandmother (by the way, energy becomes much more powerful when more people feel or experience it simultaneously) and whereas there are one or two cited examples for which my logical explanations might seem "iffy", perhaps the following will make you feel a little less spooked:

Firstly, the age of the house is somewhat irrelevant because it's a young house and there hasn't been much time for an accumulation of strong residual energy. I agree with other posters that a quick perusal of local newspaper archives will let you know what occupied the space before the house was built or if something traumatic occurred on the land or in the house at some time (although under those circumstances, you would probably see a repeat of the traumatic event - called an energy loop - and that's not what you're describing). If you find that to be the case, burning sage in all corners of the house and telling the energy it’s not welcome and needs to leave should help (might sound ridiculous but I’ve personally seen it work).

With respect to the doorbell, do you know if it's a wireless or wired model? If it's wired, it's possible that there's a loose connection and due to a vibration in your area, the connection momentarily touches and sounds the doorbell without the button actually being pushed and the connection being forced together. It's not unusual for an electric system in a particular area (such as at a power generator or machinery at a factory) to circuit on and off at certain times of the day and night and this can definitely create such a vibration. If it's a wireless doorbell, it can have the same frequency as another doorbell in your area and who knows, perhaps one of your neighbors had a youngster who consistently lost his/her key or a late night suitor arriving at a neighbors house for his/her nightly bootie call. An exaggerated and silly example, I admit, but you get my drift.

With respect to the iron bed rails and the clock falling from the wall, this could have easily been the result of vibrations or from routine settling of the house and the gradual slippage of said items. Do you know if there was any construction going on in your area within a few miles of the house at any point around that time or if there had been any unusual weather? Vibrations, extreme dampness or the contraction from hot to cold (or vice versa) can make a house settle and it can take hours, days or weeks to occur.

With respect to the electronics, I've experienced this myself and it turned out that one of my neighbors (who lived about 3/4 of a mile away) had a universal remote that had the same frequencies for some of my remote controlled appliances. Unusual, but it does happen and I'm sure you've heard the stories about baby monitors picking up sounds from other locations or of programming a garage door opener based on frequency from the receiver. The same can randomly happen, especially if the appliances are made by the same manufacturer.

With respect to the man standing at the end of the hallway, this might have been a true energy manifestation since he didn't interact with you at all and disappeared when you got close enough to disperse the energy. Or, contrary to what another poster stated, it's very common for someone to dream while he/she is sleepwalking or trapped within that state between being asleep and awake. This link will hopefully explain: link.

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

CONTINUATION...

Now the other occurrences (feeling like someone is watching and grabbing you) can either be a manifested energy source, which might have even been created by your own anxiety induced fear which takes on a life of its own (doesn't mean you’re losing your mind as these things would give anyone the creeps). Think about what happens to the hairs on your arms when you come into contact with static electricity? When you were grabbed and jumped up, did you still feel this entity around? Again, it could have been a dissipation of energy or it could have been the dreaded sleep paralysis that you were able to break free of..

One last comment you made was somewhat telling and leads me to think you have a bad case of the spooks which is unwittingly contributing to the bad energy you’re feeling. You said "I know what I saw but I don't know if it was real." You really only "saw" one thing (the man at the end of the hallway) and we already substantiated that you can, in fact, dream while not entirely awake, so it could be that your imagination is in overdrive where these other occurrences are concerned. Add to that your grandmother’s trepidation and anyone can feel like they’re losing their mind. I think it’s especially important for your grandmother that you figure this out and take steps to create a better feeling of energy in the house.

Again, I'm not saying that these logical or scientifically-based reasons are explanations for all of these things, but I think there's enough for you to feel confident that you're not being haunted by some malevolent force and I would recommend that if you set your mind to telling it to leave you alone (both you and your grandmother since she seems to be of the same open mindset), you should feel a distinct positive change in the house's energy fairly quickly.

I hope that this helps in some way. Please let us know how things work out.

Timidgal

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unwrittenfate726
reply to post by truthbet0ld

stop posting your dumb ghost videos they are garbage.

But to the person who made this thread sounds to me like you should talk your grandma into moving out of that place and go to church or do anything to get your mind off of it, the more u let it scare you the worse it will become. If you can forget of the existence or it ever happening u will be ok.

What you think is dumb and garbage will come and haunt you. Your fate is already written like everybody elses. DEATH is EVERYONES fate.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing your story. I agree with the earlier reply that you should firmly tell it that it is not welcome. Who knows what it is or what it wants, so best not to antagonize it or empower it with fear. Fear is energy and these things, I believe, need energy to manifest themselves. Telling it to leave does two things: you communicate that you can see it (acknowledgement; sometimes thats all they want...?) and it communicates that you have no fear of it and want it gone. May take several tries, but here in the physical plane we have the potential to more powerful than all the nagging entities in the universe. Just my thoughts, brother......

Good luck!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Update:

Well I haven't been back for a while I've been trying to put it out of my mind. Nothing happening as of late. I talked to my buddy that comes over often and he told me things have happend to him here. Some nights I would go to bed and let him use the computer and see himself out. I brought it up to him about the huanting situation. He said my house gives him the willies. He said one night he was here by himself and something grabbed him. He thought it was me but turned around and no one was there.

I've also been talking to my grandmother about it. She's pretty much convinced there is something here also.

As for now I'm just going to ignore it. Not much else I can do. I've seen the exorsist I don't want to piss it off.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join