It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I loosing my mind?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I'm 35 years old I've always been a die hard sceptic not believing in anything unless I've seen it with my own eyes. I'm not much of a religous person or anything like that. Over the years I've had a lot of strange occurances in my home. My first reaction was to find the most logical answer but the more things that happen the harder it's becoming to rationalize it.

I moved in with my grandmother about 8 years ago. Her home is not old and was built in 1976. When I first moved in the door bell would start ringing in the middle of the night. I thought it was just neighborhood kids messing around. I began to notice a pattern it was always at the same time 2am. This eventually stopped and hasn't happend in a couple of years.

There are a set of 4 iron bed rails that have been sitting in the basement corner since I moved it. They were leaning on a 45 digree angle against the corner. For years they never moved. One night I'm home alone and I heard a loud crash in the basement. So loud I almost jumped out of my skin. I worked up the nerve to go down there and they had fallen and crushed my fishing rods.

Lately my electronics have decided to come on by thierselves. The other day I was wathing tv and I heard my Playstation 3 beep. It turned on by itself right in front of me. I've also seen both TV's turn on by thierselves.

About a month ago I woke up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. As I came out of my room I saw a man standing at the end of the hallway. I jumped 6" off the ground. My next thought was it's an intruder. I charged down the hallway ready to beat the tar out of someone. As I got right up on the person he disapeard right in front of my face.

Tonight my grandmother had fallen asleep in her chair and I was in the computer room watching tv. We both heard a loud crash. I thought she had fallen. We both started looking around to find that the the clock on the kitchen wall had fallen off the wall.

I get this creepy feeling that someone is watching me all the time. It makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. I've mentioned these things to my grandmother and she's noticed simar things happening.

The other night while sleeping it felt like someone grabbed me. I woke up and jumped out of the bed.

Theres a part of me that thinks theres got to be a logical explanation for all of this. But theres another part of me that thinks there might me more to it like a haunting.

I'm looking for outside opinions because I don't know what to think. I'm really conflicted about all of this. I know I got out of bed and I know I ran down the hallway after someone. Could I have still been in a dreaming state in the hallway or was there really something there? I know what I saw but I don't know if it was real.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Here's a couple helpful videos:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Naw, your OK.
What is the history of the land that the house is on?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Take a Rosary into the house. If your house is haunted, this will really piss it off.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Wow.. If I might make a suggestion.... Ghost Hunters or T.A.P.S., as the TV show covers them, is not the only organization dedicated to the serious research of such things. I found more than one just in my local region. If what you're experiencing is real and paranormal, it might be worthwhile to get in touch with one that strikes you as reputable, serious and focused on actual research. If it isn't paranormal, then such a group with a scientific approach would likely find what was causing it. Electromagnetic fields giving that creepy feeling, for instance....

Just a thought, but it sounds like what your seeing is escalating, whatever the cause may be. It might be good to move on that contact with folks who may be able to help.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenRuled
Take a Rosary into the house. If your house is haunted, this will really piss it off.
Theres plenty of them my grandmother is Catholic.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnimositisominA
Naw, your OK.
I'm near Detroit the land before this was farm land.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Wow.. If I might make a suggestion.... Ghost Hunters or T.A.P.S., as the TV show covers them, is not the only organization dedicated to the serious research of such things. I found more than one just in my local region. If what you're experiencing is real and paranormal, it might be worthwhile to get in touch with one that strikes you as reputable, serious and focused on actual research. If it isn't paranormal, then such a group with a scientific approach would likely find what was causing it. Electromagnetic fields giving that creepy feeling, for instance....

Just a thought, but it sounds like what your seeing is escalating, whatever the cause may be. It might be good to move on that contact with folks who may be able to help.
I don't think I want the publicity. I haven't talked to anyone other then my grandmother about it.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

I'm looking for outside opinions because I don't know what to think. I'm really conflicted about all of this. I know I got out of bed and I know I ran down the hallway after someone. Could I have still been in a dreaming state in the hallway or was there really something there? I know what I saw but I don't know if it was real.

So you've seen the other world with your own eyes, and you still don't believe? You cannot dream while you're running down the hallway.

People have been having strange experiences since the beginning of time, I'm sure, but no one believes until the see it themselves. Some even remain skeptical after they see

Not believing in your own eyes is what will make you crazy, just accept it, they can't hurt you. At least I don't think they can. Why would they want to?

One of my weird experiences was when my bathroom mirror fell down. What a noise. It didn't hit the counter like it should have, or the wall section in front of it, instead it veered to the right about a foot, crossed over the bathroom floor and landed completely in the bathtub. Not one speck of broken mirror on the floor. Easy to clean up.

I looked around and said thank you to whatever made it go into the tub. It should have been all over the floor.

The other night while sleeping it felt like someone grabbed me. I woke up and jumped out of the bed.

OK , I have to admit, that would get me yelling at the entity that I realize that it's there, and to leave me alone. I always have pets around, I know there's more to the world than we see, and somehow I don't think that world comes through as much if there are pets around. Plus they're comforting when you get freaked out.

edit on 31-10-2011 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Your grandmother is possessed. You need to call someone who knows exactly how to handle her, and will be willing to do what needs to be done. Old women can get that way. I've read that it has to do with menopause, but who really knows.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I've the silohuette of a person in the doorway at the end of a hall too.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
That seems like a pretty confusing and tense situation. I suggest to pray it away. Ask for help from other people to pray with you, if you want. The combined prayers...those spirits can't be around that at all. It makes them quake in there own fear and misery. It will give you strength to fight it and give you more hope. You have to believe in what your praying about, otherwise it's like crossing your fingers behind your back when you make a promise. I've dealt with things like this too. I've never had the chance to chase it down a hallway though. If you see it again...do what you did before. Show no fear.
P.S.-- I have heard stories of partially seeing their dreams coming out of sleep mode. If this was longer than that then you should definitely start praying, in my opinion of course.

edit on 31-10-2011 by PunchingBag80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisisnotaname
I've the silohuette of a person in the doorway at the end of a hall too.
This was no silohuette. I was 15 ft away when I walked out of my room. I was two feet away from it when it disapeared. I saw the persons face clear as day.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by wantsome

Originally posted by AnimositisominA
Naw, your OK.
I'm near Detroit the land before this was farm land.

Dig deeper into the history of the land that you are on. I assume that you would like to solve this problem. It is a problem as long as you see it that way. Understanding is the solution.

Oh, and don't assume that it a demon. Many make that mistake.

edit on 31-10-2011 by AnimositisominA because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
My logical mind, also begins to dissect this thread...

The first thing that comes to mind is it is Halloween. Quite the opportunistic time to post such a spooky thread, the gain to you, could have a few different outcomes depending on how it plays out in this thread. I don't know you so I won't speculate further.

However, due to your "time in service" from your membership date you could in fact be posting legitimate inexplicable phenomena in your home. So with that, I am choosing to give the benefit of the doubt and reply accordingly to the thread.

My first question to you is, do you have any recording equipment? I don't mean high-tech, anything that you could set up periodically over a course of time in all the areas that you have experienced these anomalies occur?

You've been a member long enough that I don't have to explain the value of being able to better extrapolate what may be occurring if there is audio and video evidence to support it. Have you considered this route?

Also, and again airing on the side of benefiting doubt, have you at all attempted any communication at all, more have you tried to talk to it?

Respectfully,
UberL33t

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t
My logical mind, also begins to dissect this thread...

The first thing that comes to mind is it is Halloween. Quite the opportunistic time to post such a spooky thread, the gain to you, could have a few different outcomes depending on how it plays out in this thread. I don't know you so I won't speculate further.

However, due to your "time in service" from your membership date you could in fact be posting legitimate inexplicable phenomena in your home. So with that, I am choosing to give the benefit of the doubt and reply accordingly to the thread.

My first question to you is, do you have any recording equipment? I don't mean high-tech, anything that you could set up periodically over a course of time in all the areas that you have experienced these anomalies occur?

You've been a member long enough that I don't have to explain the value of being able to better extrapolate what may be occurring if there is audio and video evidence to support it. Have you considered this route?

Also, and again airing on the side of benefiting doubt, have you at all attempted any communication at all, more have you tried to talk to it?

Respectfully,
UberL33t
Holloween is the reason I posted. With all the talk of ghosts on tv it had me thinking about my own experiances.

I have a video camera. But I would rather not make contact I would rather it not hang around.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Contact is not for the faint of heart that's for sure. Most times however, one is better equipped to know how to handle it when one finds out who or what it is, even more what it wants, and why it is there. At most try and capture some audio/video with your video camera, if not of an apparition, then perhaps of something falling or moving as you mentioned in your OP.

By all means consult professionals as the other poster mentioned if it's something that you do not feel "qualified" or "safe" enough to pursue. Just wanting it out of your house is a big want when you know little to nothing about what is causing it. As another poster mentioned it may not even be paranormal at all.

Gather some evidence, do not fear whatever it is and take the path to try and understand it. I am interested in your experience and look forward to the thread's progression. I will keep abreast of the thread and your progress.

Respectfully,
UberL33t

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by wantsome

Understandable....unless it continues to escalate. If it's a legitimate paranormal source...and yeah, I do believe in that very strongly as something we share our world with...then someone may wind up getting hurt. It's one thing to have a presence in the same room. I've felt that myself, numerous times. However, you're describing the physical manipulation of objects, and that is a serious line being crossed in the level of seriousness.

I'd noted the number of small organizations because it shows that there are a LARGE number all over the nation doing quietly and with discretion, what the couple on TV are doing in public. They wouldn't last long or get far if they couldn't be discrete, as only the nut cases would WANT to be public spectacles on this sort of thing. I hope you are well and this resolves in a way where nothing gets worse.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by wantsome

Okay I think rodents may have knocked the clock and the rods in the basement down. Maybe bugs are getting into the electronics (there can be roaches without you actually seeing them) unless you have an infestation you mostly won't see them as they hide, the apparition could have been a waking hallucination (yes still being partly in the brain mode of Beta which is almost to full theta, sleep mode, you even enter this at the staring at a TV show) and the shaking well that one is weird something shook you in bed? This did happen to me in a haunted place I lived in. That freaked me out!!!

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
For the most part what ever it is I would rather leave it alone. I just don't want to provoke anything and make it worse. I don't want my house to turn into the movie poltergeist. I can handle most of what has happend so far. I'm good so long as it don't turn voilent.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join