It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RUSSIA + PAKISTAN: Joint Nuclear Test

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Russia and Pakistan on Friday announced that they had successfully test fired nuclear missiles.

Russia successfully test-fired a large long-range missile on Friday whose future as a mainstay of its nuclear arsenal has been clouded by past failures.

The military said the 12-metre (40-foot) long, multiple-warhead Bulava missile -- Russian for 'Mace' -- was fired from the atomic-powered submarine Yuri Dolgoruky in the White Sea in northwestern Russia.

October 28th SOURCE:
www.emirates247.com...

October 31st TEST:
hisz.rsoe.hu...

Last "joint nuclear test", as I recall, was around this time last year involving UK and France...
but Russia and US's new enemy Pakistan??...

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
What's the point of a nuclear test?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Absco

One can only assume a test is to make sure they're fully armed and operational when they need to be.

What that means, is another story.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I got from the articles that they fired the missiles to test them, but they were not armed with the nuclear warheads.
Just my take.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
I got from the articles that they fired the missiles to test them, but they were not armed with the nuclear warheads.
Just my take.

Of course they were not armed , these missiles have dummy components of the same weight and size just no fissionable material. The test is to simulate all other aspects of a true launch just no boom .

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Noey777

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
Just my take.

Of course they were not armed , these missiles have dummy components of the same weight and size just no fissionable material. The test is to simulate all other aspects of a true launch just no boom .

I said that because the other posters were acting like they thought the missiles WERE armed.
Simple common sense would tell one otherwise...

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Umm, it wasn't a joint test, it was 2 separate tests from 2 separate Countries. Makes you wonder though, everyone's building up their arsenal while U.S. is tearing their's down. The Cold War never really ended.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Ummmm two points:

A: IT WASNT A NUCLEAR TEST

B: IT WASNT A JOINT TEST

People PLEASE think before you start posting stuff. ATS doesnt have much credibility as it is and then i see this stuff?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Absco

to see if it goes boom not bang when used, see what the real yield is a 10 meg could be a 7 meg or that 10 meg could be a 17 meg.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace

A: IT WASNT A NUCLEAR TEST

My mistake, but it DOES say it was missile test that could carry nuclear weapons..

and also the other link says:

Nuclear Event in Pakistan on Monday, 31 October, 2011 at 04:25 (04:25 AM) UTC.
Base data
EDIS Number: NC-20111031-32885-PAK
Event type: Nuclear Event
Date/Time: Monday, 31 October, 2011 at 04:25 (04:25 AM) UTC
Last update: ---
Cause of event: Unconfirmed soviet nuclear test fallout

hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

so you know more that this article , can you post your source? i can and it says it was a test fire for a nuke and it was a joint effort

Russia, Pakistan test fire nuclear missiles
By

Agencies

Published Friday, October 28, 2011
back with the link www.emirates247.com... from the link

Russia and Pakistan on Friday announced that they had successfully test fired nuclear missiles.

Russia successfully test-fired a large long-range missile on Friday whose future as a mainstay of its nuclear arsenal has been clouded by past failures
wake up and smell the coffee , it going to get real real soon as 2012 gets here

edit on 1-11-2011 by bekod because: added info. and word edit.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod

so you know more that this article , can you post your source? i can and it says it was a test fire for a nuke and it was a joint effort

By

Agencies

Russia successfully test-fired a large long-range missile on Friday whose future as a mainstay of its nuclear arsenal has been clouded by past failures

That's what I was saying...

If Russia wanted to test distance of their missiles and the landed in Pakistan, wouldn't that be a joint-agreement?"......

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Thanks for the thread. s/f for the effort always. I have a bad feeling about the events in recent times concerning the Governments / Super Powers around the world. . The Russians, Americans, Chinese Etc are all interested in getting off the planet. The test firing of rockets could almost be interpreted as a "Warm Up" against countries and the people of the planet that are not on the "Round Trip" rocket flights. I feel the traitors that sold out The US are already promised a seat and they don't care about America or The People and are just biding thier time. Nothing else could explain the behavior of This Joke of line of puppets and liars and thier Whores ..

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
WHAT??? Youre saying the Russian missiles tested landed in Pakistan? Good grief.

THESE WERE TWO SEPERATE EVENTS-NOT A JOINT TEST!!!!!

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

By

Agencies

If Russia wanted to test distance of their missiles and the landed in Pakistan, wouldn't that be a joint-agreement?"......

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Where in the article did you see it was a "joint" test? These were not nuclear tests, they were testing missiles THAT ARE CAPABLE of carrying nuclear warheads.

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

By

Agencies

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Where in the article did you see it was a "joint" test? These were not nuclear tests, they were testing missiles THAT ARE CAPABLE of carrying nuclear warheads.

I got thrown off by this below... Soviet Nuclear Test in Pakistan.. They have their own nukes, why test Russian ones?

Make sense now?

Nuclear Event in Pakistan on Monday, 31 October, 2011 at 04:25 (04:25 AM) UTC.

Event type: Nuclear Event

Cause of event: Unconfirmed soviet nuclear test fallout

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

Do you honestly believe that they are tearing down their nukes? And if they are, do you honestly believe they would do so without some sort of contingency plan, ie a more advanced weapon?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

only if this is in Pakistan

Its warheads hit the target area on the Kamchatka peninsula some 6,000 km (3,700 miles) to the east, Defence Ministry spokesman Igor Konashenkov said.
the missile was launched from a sub in the white sea

The military said the 12-metre (40-foot) long, multiple-warhead Bulava missile -- Russian for 'Mace' -- was fired from the atomic-powered submarine Yuri Dolgoruky in the White Sea in northwestern Russia.

edit on 1-11-2011 by bekod because: editting

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

Do you honestly believe that they are tearing down their nukes? And if they are, do you honestly believe they would do so without some sort of contingency plan, ie a more advanced weapon?

Um, yeah, it was in the papers and news the other day how the U.S. dismantled their biggest bomb from the Cold War. Of course they have other means of delivering a payload, but just saying.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I also think that it's illegal in this day and age to test any nuclear detonations above ground. They can only be done either through simulation or several meters under ground. IIRC!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join