It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombies are a problem, whats _your solution?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by -Blackout-

Kudos for you post.

I had thought of that briefly, but then I dropped it, because you'd have to go in and clear it out first.... maybe there'd still be prisoners and guards who hadn't been infected....but great idea anyway.

I had been thinking of locales with opens spaces to give clear lines of fire, plus chain-link fences you could shoot through. But none of my ideas worked as well as yours.

Cemeteries
Usually there's a luxurious lawn, and no underbrush; so there's clear lines of fire. And there's usually a fence around the perimeter. On the other hand.... it's a cemetery, and you're being attacked by ZOMBIES!

Hospital
tall structure usually with parking lots around it for firing lanes. Backup generators and supplies handy. The trouble is that there a multiple entry points, and a lot of glass in their construction. And it just sounds like the setting for a movie where the ATSer gets eaten!

Church
A lot of churches have an ornamental lawn and a large parking lot. The classical architecture usually features a clock-tower or steeple, as well as an interior hall or sanctuary where a larger group of people can meet, sleep, and plan. The trouble with a steeple is the same as with any tower----getting surrounded and trapped.

Military base
The drawback here is that most of them are not really defensible---they are made to slow down car traffic at multiple checkpoints, and take a whole military unit to defend them.

Airport
Same as with hospital, lots of glass, and multiple entries. Also the food sucks.

Stadium
This one might work pretty well. Usually has a tight perimeter so that patrons have to pay to see the game; plus a high vantage point surrounded by empty parking lots. Of course, there is no food, or even shelter for your own team.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I would say the best weapon would be stealth, like some have mentioned.

Guns of course work, but I'd you're in a populated area, they would draw a horde in no time; and as we don't live in a video game or a movie, there probably won't be ammo just lying around.

A machete would be good.
An axe would probably be better. Something that is heavier at the attack end so you could get more leverage and force with the strike.

As someone mentioned previously, the best offence is a good defense.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
kill them all on a agressive way with to many blood

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I would get my flag pole, BOB, emergency bag, and fellow friend color guards. I would pray most of the time but I have a feeling the people I made survival plans with couldn't handle fighting a zombie (or just fighting in gernal), so I guess I would fight most of the time. But that's not a problem!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I think I'd have to go with my M4 and a stack of mags

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by tovenar
reply to post by -Blackout-

Kudos for you post.

I had thought of that briefly, but then I dropped it, because you'd have to go in and clear it out first.... maybe there'd still be prisoners and guards who hadn't been infected....but great idea anyway.

I had been thinking of locales with opens spaces to give clear lines of fire, plus chain-link fences you could shoot through. But none of my ideas worked as well as yours.

Cemeteries
Usually there's a luxurious lawn, and no underbrush; so there's clear lines of fire. And there's usually a fence around the perimeter. On the other hand.... it's a cemetery, and you're being attacked by ZOMBIES!

Hospital
tall structure usually with parking lots around it for firing lanes. Backup generators and supplies handy. The trouble is that there a multiple entry points, and a lot of glass in their construction. And it just sounds like the setting for a movie where the ATSer gets eaten!

Church
A lot of churches have an ornamental lawn and a large parking lot. The classical architecture usually features a clock-tower or steeple, as well as an interior hall or sanctuary where a larger group of people can meet, sleep, and plan. The trouble with a steeple is the same as with any tower----getting surrounded and trapped.

Military base
The drawback here is that most of them are not really defensible---they are made to slow down car traffic at multiple checkpoints, and take a whole military unit to defend them.

Airport
Same as with hospital, lots of glass, and multiple entries. Also the food sucks.

Stadium
This one might work pretty well. Usually has a tight perimeter so that patrons have to pay to see the game; plus a high vantage point surrounded by empty parking lots. Of course, there is no food, or even shelter for your own team.

Don'tcha wish you had what I got...
A cool fort just down the road a piece

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocketman7

get all the zombies to chase you into the CN Tower, climb the stairs, parisuit off, blow up building! ALL GONE

j/k climb some stairs, then take them out

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I like the idea of a sling shot, but I prefer a bow and arrow. Of course you'd have to have a lot of arrows to start with. Making more would be tricky, but you could always try to retrieve the ones you've shot. I would go to the woods and make a fence out of trees, shrubs, thorns, thistles, etc. They'll get through it but only if they want to. Most will follow the path of least resistence.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Don't worry about Sci-Fi comic book zombies. Worry about the city dwellers that come out to the country because they are hungry.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by risingabove12
I like the idea of a sling shot, but I prefer a bow and arrow. Of course you'd have to have a lot of arrows to start with. Making more would be tricky, but you could always try to retrieve the ones you've shot. I would go to the woods and make a fence out of trees, shrubs, thorns, thistles, etc. They'll get through it but only if they want to. Most will follow the path of least resistence.

Expendable crewman number one! I think I saw that movie.

Smear liver on yourself too, so they will come after you so you can shoot them with your slingshot.

Better be near oak trees so you can use acorns in case you can't find pebbles for it.

Actually you know, in most zombie movies a branch would be sufficient. Its only when they get you cornered that you are a gonner.

edit on 15-1-2012 by Rocketman7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealAmericanPatriot
Don't worry about Sci-Fi comic book zombies. Worry about the city dwellers that come out to the country because they are hungry.

Yeah like locusts. By the millions. All in a panick. And just want to use the bathroom.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I got two bows. Currently producing my third. 25 pound long bows and one roman bow.

As a bushcrafter I know how to live off the land and what to expect of it. I have loads of gear.

I got a sword and a lot of knifes. A few weeks ago I bought a kukri especially for zombies.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
My offensive strategy is simple and non-confrontational.

I have ordered a large batch of maggots online. Refrigerated properly, they will last over six weeks.

If there is a zombie outbreak, I will thaw all the meat in my freezer ( there are no records of zombies being attracted to thawing meat, or having a sense of smell for that matter). I will turn my maggots loose on the meat.

The maggots will pupate, and then transform into adult carrion-flies, and they will seek out the nearest zombies for me. Once located, they will lay their eggs in the decaying corpse. Within hours, a new generation of maggots will begin to consume the corpse, and spread to any nearby carcasses with which the "seed-zombie" is cavorting.

Maggots will consume a rotting corpse, even one that is agitated by other scavengers. Based on this, I am convinced that flies will breed on moving corpse and quickly consume it.

So, I just need to order a new batch of maggots every 6 weeks or so. That's only about $90 a year for zombie abatement. And added benefit is that I have excellent fishing bait whenever I need it.

I am continuing to research methods for foster in the local vulture and coyote populations. More on that later.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by novuslibertas
I got two bows. Currently producing my third. 25 pound long bows and one roman bow.

As a bushcrafter I know how to live off the land and what to expect of it. I have loads of gear.

I got a sword and a lot of knifes. A few weeks ago I bought a kukri especially for zombies.

Well careful ya don't get any on yeah.

I am thinking zombies can't swim. At least not in the ocean. I live a few blocks from the ocean, there are always big boats of some kind around here, I could just anchor one in the inner harbor. If the smell gets too bad, anchors away.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by tovenar

My offensive strategy is simple and non-confrontational.

I have ordered a large batch of maggots online. Refrigerated properly, they will last over six weeks.

If there is a zombie outbreak, I will thaw all the meat in my freezer ( there are no records of zombies being attracted to thawing meat, or having a sense of smell for that matter). I will turn my maggots loose on the meat.

The maggots will pupate, and then transform into adult carrion-flies, and they will seek out the nearest zombies for me. Once located, they will lay their eggs in the decaying corpse. Within hours, a new generation of maggots will begin to consume the corpse, and spread to any nearby carcasses with which the "seed-zombie" is cavorting.

Maggots will consume a rotting corpse, even one that is agitated by other scavengers. Based on this, I am convinced that flies will breed on moving corpse and quickly consume it.

So, I just need to order a new batch of maggots every 6 weeks or so. That's only about $90 a year for zombie abatement. And added benefit is that I have excellent fishing bait whenever I need it.

I am continuing to research methods for foster in the local vulture and coyote populations. More on that later.

Thats pretty resourceful.

You know I was thinking, long after the zombies are gone, if you walk down the street and just look in the window, at the window ledge, the ones with piles of dead flies on the window ledge, those houses will have dead zombies in them.
Ones that don't, won't.
So you could find a clean place to crash, just by checking the window ledges inside for dead flies.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by NowanKenubi
I'll use my sling-shot!

If it was good enough to down a big guy like Goliath, imagine what it'll do to the poor ( yes, poor zombies! ) zombies' heads?

The plus side is that you can use many things as a projectile, if your out of steel balls, that is... ( No pun intended )

Sir, I'm sorry to dissapoint you, but Goliath never has been killed with a ''sling-shot''
Slingshots didn't exist back then, there was no rubber to build a slingshot.

From what the Bible says, Goliath was killed with a Sling, it's an ancient weapon that dates back almost 15.000 years ago. The sling was likely mankind's first, true projectile weapon. It takes years of practise to be accurate with this weapon, it's not easy to do.

Slings and Slingshots are two totally different weapons.

edit on 28-1-2012 by Jauk3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
My solution to what? Solving the zombie problem or my solution to my own survival?

For my own survival, I would just carry a machete, avoid urban areas and move very very quietly. I won't use or pick up any guns unless they are silenced. I would make my way to the coast in search of some kind of inflatable to journey out to a sandbar and collect my thoughts on what to do next. My ultimate goal is to get to an offshore oil rig and wait it out. It's a plan, but life doesn't always go with your plans. If all else fails, a bullet to my own head would be the end all be all answer.

My solution for the zombie problem itself is to gather all the sound weapons available, and put them all the way north, I'm talking about the coldest areas of the earth. They would then be turned on and create a harmonics that zombies world wide would pick up. The ones that are not stuck at the bottom of the ocean from trying to reach the sound source would freeze on the journey to get there. There would then be a crew or several crews actually to dispatch the frozen zombies in the first day of spring or whenever the ice would begin to melt. It wouldn't get all of them, no plan is really perfect, but it would thin out large population areas.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
lets not forget something here.

what zombie strain are we dealing with?

are we dealing with slow moving ,groaning you can walk to outrun zombies?

are we dealing with the super fast athlete running zombie?

it apears we are not dealing with politcal/religion charged i wont beleive anything you say because my party is awesome zombie

my plan for the third type is to use the most hurtful truth i can to agitate them. them hitting me can give me a chance to sue for battery.

the first two im either going to go to the north where it snows alot. they'll freeze in the winter and as the spring rolls around their bodies will practically melt away with it.bits of ice attached to their bodies will fall of taking bits with it

also the desert is a good option. the sun will mumify them causing them to dry out and be imobile. however i worry that both climates might preserve the virus or parasite that causes this. a good chance for scientists to find a cure...or weaponize the strains

for weapons i have a tachi sword and a 357 mag. a 22 rifle for small game and i know how to make traps.

exact locations are yet to be confirmed
edit on 28-1-2012 by BulletShogun because: misspell

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by BulletShogun
lets not forget something here.

what zombie strain are we dealing with?

are we dealing with slow moving ,groaning you can walk to outrun zombies?

are we dealing with the super fast athlete running zombie?

it apears we are not dealing with politcal/religion charged i wont beleive anything you say because my party is awesome zombie

my plan for the third type is to use the most hurtful truth i can to agitate them. them higging me can give me a chance to sue for battery.

the first two im either going to go to the north where it snows alot. they'll freeze in the winter and as the spring rolls around their bodies will practically melt away with it.bits of ice attached to their bodies will fall of taking bits with it

also the desert is a good option. the sun will mumify them causing them to dry out and be imobile. however i worry that both climates might preserve the virus or parasite that causes this. a good chance for scientists to find a cure...or weaponize the strains

for weapons i have a tachi sword and a 357 mag. a 22 rifle for small game and i know how to make traps.

exact locations are yet to be confirmed

The human ape type of zombie.
So they are like people with adrenaline, for a few days, until they are sick, and thirsty and hungry, and weak.
But some will stay healthy, or maybe at least dangerous and athletic. If they feed off the others.
Those would be the ones to watch out for. They might have hunting instincts. Stalking, hiding, maybe some tool use, but certainly eyes wide open and thinking ape.

Able to climb, but maybe not smart enough to put on a coat.
Might or might not break a window. Probably since they would pound on it.
But a door handle might baffle them.
You might come across one 6 foot tall, that can run like a sprinter. And chances are his instincts will be to bite.
Rather than beat you to death. So he might grab you and try to bite your throat.
But he might sneak up, or spring on you from a ledge.

In fact chances are pretty good that there will be those kind around. Not many, because disease will weaken almost all of them.
I am not talking about actual dead decaying people walking since that seems too sci-fi to be worth the effort to plan for.
You won't need a cross, garlic and a mirror.
What I bought was a telescopic baton, and two cans of pepper spray, air horn - that you pump as part of the thing so it never needs to be recharged, and a flashlight that is 900 candles, and flashes so it blinds an attacker.
Its way too bright to look at.

If they seem more dangerous than that, I will hunt for guns and ammo.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Are you ready for this?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join