It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombies are a problem, whats _your solution?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
When the Zombies come after us I'm going to hit up my friend the Sasquatch and we'll head to Loch Ness so that Nessie can summon the Aliens to come take us to Mars

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by swoopaloop
When the Zombies come after us I'm going to hit up my friend the Sasquatch and we'll head to Loch Ness so that Nessie can summon the Aliens to come take us to Mars

HA HA YA GOT NO CHANCE ATOL LADDY, THEY'LL BE MAKIN YOU INTO HAGGIS!

An eatin you forrrr breakfast!

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I played the old resident evils 1,2. I know that if I leave the room,I have nothing to worry about...they didnt learn to open doors until 3?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
the only thing a zombie apocalypse would bring is fun. we've all seen the movies and played the games, zombies are useless. you can either tip your hat as you casually walk past them or you could just push them over and get on with your day.
the only dilema is thinking up interesting ways to kill them. aslong as you have a plentifull supply of chainsaws and samurai swords youve got nothing to worry about.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Grab 3 friends, go to an Army base, steal a Tank.
60+tons going 40mph should make a mess on the ground.
No need to waste the Shells.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Till you run out of gas

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Zakka

Are learn after you get inside that Tanks are not cars. One does not just jump in a tank and figure it out all the sudden..

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocketman7

Originally posted by swoopaloop

HA HA YA GOT NO CHANCE ATOL LADDY, THEY'LL BE MAKIN YOU INTO HAGGIS!

An eatin you forrrr breakfast!

HAHAHAHA CAPSLOCKZOMGZORZLOLZZZZZZZ
Prove it?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I will use paper and a brush. I will draw talismans and stick it on the zombie's head. That should stop them moving.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Therian
reply to post by Zakka

Really? Because I know 2 people who used to operate Tanks, both said they are Incredibly easy to drive, just shooting the Tank which Is difficult.
But why would you need to shoot when you have 60+tons of metal going 40+ Mph.

Are learn after you get inside that Tanks are not cars. One does not just jump in a tank and figure it out all the sudden..

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
A couple of people brought up a problem most never think about. Everybody always cries MELEE WEAPONS !!

If you are infected by a zombies bite one must assume that the infection is spread through saliva. So all bodily fluids would most likely be infectious. Saliva, blood, urine, feces, semen and all other bodily lubricating fluids
(so stay away from the cheerleader zombies perverts)

Any weapon that sprays blood and brain matter around would be a potential death sentence for the attacker.
Using a sword, hammer, chainsaw, bat or any other weapon and ONE single drop of blood in your eye, mouth or open wound and your done. If you should be so lucky to not get any on you I would feel nervous even carrying around the weapon with infectious blood on it.

Personally I prefer to keep my distance and use a rifle. Now as many have said "your ammo will run out". Yes eventually but I have a much, much larger stock than most people.

Hell, I have more than twice as much stored here than Wal-mart or the local gun stores even carry at any given time.
If the entire town I live near turned overnight there would only be about 12,000 zombies. I have enough ammo to put them all down without making a dent in my stores.

So, my suppressed 10/22 from the rooftop would be probably good enough but I prefer my Savage 93 bolt action
rifle in .17hmr. It's not much louder than a .22 and has more than enough power to explode a skull. It will shoot
1/2" groups at 100 yards so Z-men beware!

Melee weapons used up close is a last resort to avoid a bite. Wear a white tyvek suit and goggles for the eyes.....

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Zombies are a problem, whats _your solution?,
reply to post by Rocketman7

REALITY!

edit on 15-11-2011 by Hootsmanwheresmaheid because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Here is an idea.

Why not remove the idiot and greedy makers of these films.

All the zombie movies plus technology are ruining our kids.

How about some positive role models and showing young people how to interact with nature?

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
Here is an idea.

Why not remove the idiot and greedy makers of these films.

All the zombie movies plus technology are ruining our kids.

How about some positive role models and showing young people how to interact with nature?

That type of thinking will get you eaten first!

rule #59: Less talking more shooting!

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
The ultimate solution:

Get up and leave the movie theater. Turn the DVDP off. Life has enough problems w/o worrying about zombies.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Katana!

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
HOW DO I DEAL WITH REAL ZOMBIES???? I TREAD ON THEM...

Zombie Caterpillars Rain Death From Treetops

Gypsy moth caterpillars infected by a virus are hypnotized into climbing to the top of trees to die, liquefy and rain viral particles on the foliage below to infect others. A single gene in a caterpillar virus sends its victims running for the treetops, where they die and their bodies liquefy, sending an ooze of virus particles on their brothers and sisters below.

This species of baculovirus infects only gypsy moth caterpillars, essentially turning them into zombies. It stops the caterpillars from molting and sends them up into the tree leaves during the day (a behavior they normally save for the cover of darkness), where they die among the leaves as they wait to molt.

"They die there, and then they melt within hours after they die, and they are dripping virus down onto the leaves below," said study researcher Kelli Hoover, of Pennsylvania State University. "We knew before that this behavior benefits the virus, but we didn't know how it was causing the behavior."

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Zone defense

-zombie snares featuring concertina wire that will snag limbs/clothing. Some beer cans with a pebble inside each, and tied to the wire, will alert us to the danger of a zombie coming over the wire.

-AR15 with a scope, up in an elevated location, like a water tower, silo, church steeple, college clock tower, etc. (a ladder you can lower, or a knotted rope for evacuation, is key).

-.45 ACP x 2, once they get in closer

- several molotov cocktails. These are only for the moment when you realize you're being over run, and you need 20 or 30 seconds to distract them while you escape.

-ceremonial sword. At first, I thought I wanted a sharp blade; but it might get stuck in bone. But then, why not use a baseball bat? Well, I think the sword would be easier to swing repeatedly, and might be harder for them to grab.

Pray that the zombiepocalypse occurs during the heat of summer, during the rainy. That way, they will rot within three or four days. A cold, dry winter could drag the whole thing out for weeks.

If you have anything like a body of water near you, you could use it like a moat. If it is stagnant, sprinkle some of the enzymes they make for septic tanks in the water--it will help dissolve the zombies. At any rate, I think it would slow them down a great deal.

could you find nests of zombies during the day, because of circling buzzards that would be attracted to the stench of rotting flesh? Or coyotes at night? A badger could give 4 or 5 zombies a real problem. I think a badger is nastier than a zombie, and faster to boot.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Thinking about it, a Prison would be the best place during the Zombie Apocalypse. The place is already reinforced for you. Just make sure everything is locked down inside once you are all inside of there.

The place is already made to keep people from breaking in and and escaping both. You already have guard towers, plenty of places to eat and sleep and grow crops and stuff like that. Its already walled in and has tons of things you'd need to survive already in place. Probably a huge weapon storage area with tons of ammo. Tons of canned foods and stuff like that all stored up inside of there. It would be a safe paradise during the Zombie Apocalypse.

Then you have tons of barred in areas once inside. Easy pickings to shoot some sitting duck Zombies behind bars if any do breach the area.

...That is if you are the first ones there and it hasnt been ransacked already. Im sure you'd have to clear out Zombies first though. You'd have to do a thorough search of the place because some Prisons are huge. You never know whats there.

Inside of a Prison, you have tons of fall back plans. Bars inside of there.....If your group is the only group inside of there, then your golden as long as you keep the place locked down and have people rotating guard shifts inside the towers. I'd have whoever it is staying guard in the Tower have a long range rifle with a scope to pick off Zombies that approach the area if/when they do.

Plus you'd have an endless supply of canned foods inside of there among other supplies. You'd probably find a weapon and ammo area where the guards in there kept all of their stuff. Bullet proof vests and night sticks and such too. You could make plans inside of there in case zombies breached the area....bar this off and bar that off and run here etc......zombies would be sitting ducks inside of there behind bars. Tons of places to barricade yourself and stay safe in case a breach happened. Plus you'd have showers and toilets! It would be the life basically. Just get supplied up on hella water first before you go in case the water system there is turned off / broke. Plus you'd have recreation types of areas to pass the time and have some fun. Basketball, weight lifting.

You'd be safe as long as you did it right. Prisons are made to keep people in and out.

But you'd run out of food/drink/supplies eventually no matter where you are. You'd still have to have some people leave the Prison and go into the city/town to re-stock up on whatever it is that you needed here and there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join