It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China & Russia to impose no fly zone over the US ...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Ok , maybe not . But could you ever imagine another nation , or group of nations , directly intervening in the US to " protect " protesting U.S citizens from the Fed. Government ?

Personally I can't see such a thing ever taking place but I do believe that we just might see some rumblings from nations such as Iran , Venezuela and possibly a few others , to take some action in the US at the first sign of decent by the U.S people .

I could also see " fringe " political elements of both China and Russia pramoting similar action agienst the US

Now don't get me wrong , I can't ever see military action ever taking place , but I do see the political tit for tat coming to the US in the future .

How would this all go down , even if it was only political show boating ?

Or are there some out there who believe that action could take place , or even be warranted ?

edit on 31-10-2011 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
If our military started shooting ows protestors, would we hope for someone to come to our aid?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

I do not know for your last question, but what percentage of American soldiers are overseas, currently? Are there enough remaining to protect the country?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I'd love to see them try that.

One thing the US owns better than any nation on the planet is the skies.

Space as well... Even the space program has been cleverly changed into a nearly exclusive secret military operation.

Oh, if there is a violent revolution in the USA (unlikely) China and Russia would much rather sit and watch it burn than to intervene.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

If some military started shooting OWS protesters that were not armed and/or not posing an immediate threat, I would not be a bit surprised if other military members of the same unit subdued our outright shot the ones that started the firing.

Our military are not made up of mindless monsters and psychopaths, despite myth and popular rumors. They're your neighbors, coworkers, family and friends. Whether they advertise their service and history or not. I don't personally see that point coming at all....UNLESS an armed wing to this movement develops (Ala I.R.A. Provo's) and are an immediate threat at the time of such a clash.

Just one Rabbit's thoughts.
edit on 31-10-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: minor correction.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I'd be more concerned with how we as a nation got to a point that other countries had to step in. 5-10 people could die in a protest this weekend and it might raise an eyebrow and grab the attention of Mayors and the Governor. If 100 people died this weekend it would gain the attention of the President and everyone blaming him for it. The nation as a whole would demand a stop to stupidity on both sides.

If 500 people died this weekend you'd see the National Guard deployed to provide a barrier of protection for all sides.

I can't see a point that another country would react with military to anything in our country that even if several hundred people died.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I could never see it happening as well. I spent 6 years in the military and I could not imagine those guys turning on the people. My earlier post was hypothetical in nature- would we welcome foreign help if we were being oppressed?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

They would be shot out of the sky so fast and called terrorists.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

Ahh.. I mistook your direction entirely. Well, in a purely hypothetical...
I'd say no. Americans have a tradition and history I believe still runs deep to the core of 10's of millions of us where we'd be determined to handle our own problems and settle our own hash, as it were. Wow...It's hard to say where that hypothetical would lead, as it's assuming things have pretty well spun out of control by that point. I don't think we'd welcome outside parties with outside agendas of their own, coming in to direct events.

Put that way..thanks for an interesting scenario to mentally puzzle out.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

I would say it would be a logistical nightmare for just about any other country but the US. Being off to ourselves serves a huge strategic benefit. Not many navies out there that can support full complements of aircraft to undertake that job and that far away from their home. The idea is certainly interesting to think about though.

Unless the US did deploy troops to the streets, other nations do not really have anything to say about it. Considering the nations that would indeed use the protesters as an excuse to make political arguments, well, one would just have to look at their form of government and consider the source. Then it proves that they truly either do not understand or despise our form of government, no matter how much it might suck at the moment. I respectfully decline any "protection".

-----

Originally posted by Toolatetotalk

If 500 people died this weekend you'd see the National Guard deployed to provide a barrier of protection for all sides.

If it got to the point where it was personal between the citizens and the police that the NG had to be called in, then someone had better get all the police off the streets and let the NG handle it. Put all the police back on their normal patrols except for a perimeter around the area, otherwise the area is off limits to the PD.

reply to post by NowanKenubi

Let them take a break, we got this.
edit on 31-10-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I can't see that happening. We are like siblings in this country. We will fight each other occasionally but if someone else stepped in , both sides would probably turn on them like a rabid dog.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I don't think we would welcome them either. Wasn't America referred to as having a rifle behind every blade of grass?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Originally posted by Max_TO
Ok , maybe not . But could you ever imagine another nation , or group of nations , directly intervening in the US to " protect " protesting U.S citizens from the Fed. Government ?

That right there was the excuse we used to invade Libya. To protect the Libyans from themselves. We began shooting the Libyans in order to prevent them from shooting each other. Riiiight...

I swear to god your honor, he was gonna hit me , so I hit him back first.
The US government will never" attack" US citizens outright en mass.
Time worn method is to round em up quietly a few at a time, at night.
Disappeared dissidents for UN american Activity.
Read the preamble to this kind of practice to be employed in the future.
It's called The Patriot Act.

top topics

join