It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Dreams Contain Artficial Light?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
How do we light our dreams? I mean if we sleep in darkness where do the lighted scenes come from?

Sometimes I think my subconscious is like a car and every night I wake up on the astral plane tracks awaiting it's head on collision with the wall of brain facts that make up my reality. Who I am, where I've seen, how I die, and dare to dream.

I'm thinking about meditation. But I hope not to think while I meditate.
edit on 31-10-2011 by thisisnotaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by thisisnotaname

If you do meditate, one thing that has helped me to stop thinking abou something is I open the mesh door and listen to the few cars that pass by the nearby road and listen to the birds and rain that fell the night before. Just listening to the sounds of the outside world cause you to forget about thinking all together. Once you can't think anymore, you just start counting. Nice Post. I sometimes feel the same way.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

Have you ever tried subliminal audio? It's my first time trying it. I purchased one from this website:

www.chargedaudio.com...

The instructions suggest that you mediate before listening. I havent done that yet. All I do is put my big cushy headphones on as I'm falling asleep with the help of melatonin.

Also if anyone knows about subliminal audio, the instructions didnt say to sleep with it on but I decided to. Is that bad?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k

If you do meditate, one thing that has helped me to stop thinking abou something is I open the mesh door and listen to the few cars that pass by the nearby road and listen to the birds and rain that fell the night before. Just listening to the sounds of the outside world cause you to forget about thinking all together. Once you can't think anymore, you just start counting. Nice Post. I sometimes feel the same way.

Cool techniques. I will give them a try. How do you recommend breathing? Focus on it? Deep breathes?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisisnotaname

Originally posted by mr10k

Cool techniques. I will give them a try. How do you recommend breathing? Focus on it? Deep breathes?

Yes, focusing on your breathing will help ALOT. Try to slow it down to a point where it's the slowest you can breathe, but you don't start to choke.

As for the light in dreams things...interesting, I truly wish in my most intensive dreams I paid attention to that. I think in a couple open dreams I remember there isn't really any light whatsoever. It's not pitch black and you can see the source of light but it doesn't cause heat or your eyes to flicker.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Can you imagine a lit scene while you are awake and with your eyes closed? I believe that most of us can.

Also consider the ability to "hear" words in your imagination or dreams. I think our cognitive abilities are wired that way or our memory wouldn't function correctly. Peace.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
The same goes with pressure, the feeling you get when falling from a high place, intense sensations you can feel in your body and yet, do not suffer injuries from.

It has to do with the brain doing something based on our memories, but I agree, how does it produce it all?

The only piece of evidence I could point to, from experience, is when you get hit hard on the head. You see lights, even with eyes closed. Really. Like sparkles.
Is it the neurons being torn from their sockets, from the blow, and that gives an impulse while doing so and that is interpreted by the brain as being a flash of light?

In essence, that would mean images we see in our heads are produced by billions of little neuronal impulses?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

Dude did you know you have 666 stars on all hallows eve?
brrrrr... shudder... Not Anymore!!!!
Sleep tight.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

My mind is a well lit place. I can see into every corner.
Even the places that I don't like to look at.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Its never too late to work on your chakras. I got to the point to where I basically customized them to give me more clarity and change their patterns for more balance as I see fit.
As for the question of light, I believe that the light in your dreams is real as I believe that every man and woman is a star.
A microcosm so to speak. I know it sounds a bit hokey, but it works for me.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Your brain uses electricity to function. With energy, you have light.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
How does your brain usually detect light, or know that a room is light? Afterall, your brain lives in darkness. Well, your eyes send an electrical signal to your brain. So your brain could easily recreate that signal.

All the best,
Rostum
edit on 1/11/11 by Rostum because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Try going to the darkest of places and then shut your eyes. Just keep them shut but look at what you see, you will see the dazzling darkness. Then when you open your eyes and go into a lighted area you will notice, if you look, that sparkling is still there, it's always there.
You are the light.
edit on 1-11-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
Try going to the darkest of places and then shut your eyes. Just keep them shut but look at what you see, you will see the dazzling darkness. Then when you open your eyes and go into a lighted area you will notice, if you look, that sparkling is still there, it's always there.
You are the light.
edit on 1-11-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

That doesn't make sense. Unless you were explaining a fantastical way that we are all made of energy which in turn generates heat, which in turn generates light.

You can not trust your eyes, they are merely damaged tools of visual obversvation. I suggest reading up about how our eyes work.

All the best,
Rostum
edit on 1/11/11 by Rostum because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Rostum

It may not make sense if you did not try what i said.
Sense is what happens in the moment. Sense is not intellectual, sense is not mind stuff, it is what 'sensation' is felt, experienced.
This thread is asking if there is light in dreams, well it is obvious that there is light in dreams but where does it come from?
If you can not be bothered to look for that light, then you will not discover that you are the light.
The radiant light of consciousness.

edit on 3-11-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I like to think of light in dreams as something similar to digital games. Suppose there's a game with AI characters in them and you can walk around and interact. Then you leave it there and unplug the monitor but leave the pc running. The characters would still continue to see their surroundings and interact with them, even though it is all happening 'inside' the computer. Basically it's electricity looking at electricity. Which is also funny as electricity going through a copper wire can't be seen as light but other forms such as lightning can be seen. Maybe it is only the memory of light which allows the dreamer to see it.

top topics

join