It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First copyright infringement notices issued (NZ)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Recently here in New Zealand a new internet piracy law stupidly coined as the "skynet" law came into action.

Its basically targeting torrent downloading of movies and music. If/when copyright holders of a material downloaded detect an infringement they contact the Internet provider who issues an infringement notice. Three strikes and your out, then a possible fine of up to $15,000.

I knew the only people who would get caught up in this ridiculous law would be the not so internet 'savvy'.

So the first "infringement notices" have just been sent.
There are 7 so far and SIX of them are from the alleged downloading of Rihanna tracks!

So all of these internet pirates who have been caught so far are probably 10-18 year old girls who still live at home and use their parents internet.

Good work Skynet.

LINK

www.stuff.co.nz...
edit on 31-10-2011 by homeslice because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by homeslice

Download from PirateBay

Be sure to read the comments. People generally alert others to any infringement notices received. Well, I know they do on Movies.

It's illegal though. So people need to understand it is a form of stealing. I realise this yet I continue in my evil ways.
edit on 31-10-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

It will never stop though. Especially for countries like us who are about a bloody year behind the world when it comes to releasing movies let alone TV shows (if we even get them). Often a DVD of a movie will be out in America before we even get it at the movies in New Zealand. Its ridiculous.

I would be more than happy to pay to watch a movie through iTunes or something but by the time its available for us to purchase, its been on the internet for about a year and temptation gets most people...

Anyway, will be interesting to see how this law goes over the next year or so.

new topics

join