It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Francisco cell phone warning law fails science, judge says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
"Even a watered-down version of the law couldn't pass muster: San Francisco's ordinance requiring retail outlets to inform consumers about the (alleged) effects of cell phone radiation has been blocked by a federal judge.

Upon passage, San Francisco's ordinance was challenged by industry trade group CTIA-The Wireless Association, which claimed the ordinance's requirement that retailers post messages about cell phone safety violated the First Amendment.

San Francisco initially agreed to amend the ordinance after the CTIA filed suit, and made some changes, but they weren't enough. Judge William Alsup found that the ordinance failed the sniff test on both scientific and First Amendment grounds.

"Whether or not cell phones cause cancer is a debatable question and, at this point in history, is a matter of opinion, not fact. San Francisco has its opinion. The industry has the opposite opinion," wrote Judge Alsup.

The fact-sheet required by the ordinance is "misleading and must be corrected," notes the judge. "Although each factoid in isolation may have an anchor in some article somewhere, the overall message of the fact-sheet (and the poster, for that matter) is misleading by omission in two important ways. The overall impression left is that cell phones are dangerous and that they have somehow escaped the regulatory process."
Link to news clip

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
this makes me so angry.
did no one learn anything with the scams and tricks they did with cigarettes?
if you put your head in a microwave over.
you will cook your brain.
so why do they find it so hard to see
that low microwave will cook your brain very slowly.
and you will see it as cancer.

big companies bribed and killed to keep smoking cancer a big secret.
they make a lot of money with moblie phones.
and they get to fry the sheeps brains to.
thats a win win for them.

oh and when you do get cancer.
they will never blame your phone.
edit on 31-10-2011 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
This law needed to be past years ago. If these problems didnt occur due to cell phone use we would already know; the fact that these companies make billions and the only research they can do comes up inconclusive tells us enough.
These companies know there is a danger but wont do the research because they know if done properly the results will be damaging for their industry.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Do a search for "things that cause cancer". There is not enough space on all to ATS to post it all. The list is without end. The point being that at one time or another everything have been said to cause cancer. I am not sure if they really know what causes cancer or is it that everything can cause cancer.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967
Do a search for "things that cause cancer". There is not enough space on all to ATS to post it all. The list is without end. The point being that at one time or another everything have been said to cause cancer. I am not sure if they really know what causes cancer or is it that everything can cause cancer.
There is a big difference between natural causes of cancer and when a corporation sells you something causing cancer for massive profit. It’s just like the food, tobacco and many other industries. Fact is, if the government did what it was designed to these things would be brought to the public’s attention; but our governments rely on money and these businesses pay tax. So it’s in the interest of everyone apart from the public to keep these things secret.
It also serves as a form of population control; which certainly is a technique in place globally today.
Personally I don’t have a problem with that because sadly it is needed; but when individuals profit from that then something is very wrong.
Follow the money.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Well, you know that no-one has to have a cell phone, right? I mean, you can do without if you're so afraid of the radiation aspect. It's not like cell phones are sold at gunpoint. And, you can for your own mental comfort buy a hands-free set, in order to avoid "cooking your brain".

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I think we all know that phones cannot be that good for us. But we have had them decades now and I dont see any massive increase in brain cancer or anything. So really they cannot be that bad for us...

top topics

join