It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy in Jackson,MO captures UFO on video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Good thinking by the youngster to run in and grab the camera...

www.semissourian.com...$rec=145099

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Interesting, but again it could be just about anything.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
It's apparently a hoax....... Mylar balloons.

Link

[edit on 1-9-2004 by Der Kapitan]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11thdimension
Good thinking by the youngster to run in and grab the camera...

www.semissourian.com...$rec=145099

Its clearly disk shaped, but no idea what it could be.

A problem I have with alot of UFO video's that are blue air with the UFO in it is that you don't have any points of reference to make up speeds, altitudes and stuff like that from.

Theres only a few UFO video's where you have decent ground reference.

A nice video definatly, but not of much use to get any data out.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
what a BS website why is it freaking quicktime, not all of us have that crappy program.

[edit on 1-9-2004 by DanTodd]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
sorry, saw Jackson M and UFO in sentence and assumed that they found out why MJ was acting wierd the past decade......

"SHAMOOOONNNNEE.......Take me to your leader!!!!!"

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
LOL,thank goodness it wasn't Wacko Jacko,that would be truly frightening.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DanTodd
why is it freaking quicktime, not all of us have that crappy program.
[edit on 1-9-2004 by DanTodd]

For the record I think quicktime is a very good format to use for videos like this. It works both on Mac and PC. (PC users do have to download the player I guess, but it is free).

The other thing with quicktime is that you can play it frame by frame, and shuttle backwards and forwards easily, something you can't often do in Windows Media Player, (and certainly not in Real Media)

also WMV/RM files are incompatible with many image editing and enhancement tools, so it's not easy to enhance or analyze the footage closely.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
yea but i already have like 3 other better programs that work fine, i dont want to have 3 different video playing formats.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
ARRGHH...Der Kapitan is correct...Turned out to be a large Mylar Balloon.I should have been more careful in my thread title and included "possible" UFO.Sigh,my bad.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   

ARRGHH...Der Kapitan is correct...Turned out to be a large Mylar Balloon.I should have been more careful in my thread title and included "possible" UFO.Sigh,my bad.

Eh, don't worry about it. I have recently made a few faux pas to the extent that I'm a little gunshy about posting any more. Went so far as to request removal from membership from SkepticOverlord. He obviously hasn't as yet, maybe he sensed I was being hasty. I'm gonna change my avatar to a dunce cap.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
LOL,sometimes we jump to conclusions in our excitement.Just need to sit back,take a deep breath BEFORE I hit that final 'submit' button.HAHA

[edit on 2-9-2004 by 11thdimension]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Non UFO in MO

11thD, not aimed as an insult. But the link above that discredits the UFO says it is a mylar disk..... what exactly is a mylar disk? Sorry, but still new to all of this.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muckwa
Non UFO in MO

11thD, not aimed as an insult. But the link above that discredits the UFO says it is a mylar disk..... what exactly is a mylar disk? Sorry, but still new to all of this.

I think that was a typo,mylar disks are usually quite tiny,like 1-2 inches in diameter.I believe they meant a mylar balloon.Its sort of a flattened out,metallic looking object,usually filled with helium,just like a normal balloon.Just different in shape,material and reflectivity.

[edit on 2-9-2004 by 11thdimension]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Hey 11thdimension...

I found a link to the toy in question, a big mylar ballon-frisbee-thingy:

Hover Disc

[edit on 3-9-2004 by Der Kapitan]

[edit on 3-9-2004 by Der Kapitan]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Der Kapitan
Hey 11thdimension...

Hover Disc

Holy smokes!First time I've seen that.How many of these things do you think are going to be responsible for future sightings now?Yikes.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11thdimension

Originally posted by Der Kapitan
Hey 11thdimension...

Hover Disc

Holy smokes!First time I've seen that.How many of these things do you think are going to be responsible for future sightings now?Yikes.

Hahah I can see it now, "holy crap! there's a spiderman UFO in the sky!
Aliens are among us!!!"

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Ha Ha - in a different posting, I asked about what is a standard camera to have around to try and capture a sighting. Hmmmm, I think my Polaroid would work on one of those disks......

hee hee hee

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Very nice video about a Space Ship...

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 01:00 AM
link   
i bought one of those things, they are so awesome when u use it outside. how the hell did one get that high. they filled mine up with helium but it didnt float that high, the plasic and foil heald it down. did they drop it off a plane or somethin?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join