It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are iron filings being added to our enriched food?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Can someone explain this to me?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
There's a bunch of threads on this but here's one.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by itsthetooth

We need more iron in our diet.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
As most people are deficient in many essential nutrients/vitamins/minerals. It just happens that one who is iron deficient isn't the best slave laborer as in the most common symptoms are :

fatigue
irritability
weakness

Or wait.....Maybe I'm depressed.....that's it!
edit on 31-10-2011 by Vardoger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
My theory is that it is to make us all magnetic so when the grey alien mothership finally enters our atmosphere it can just turn on its ion magnets and suck us all up.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Our foods today don't have the minerals they used to. Most people cook out of aluminum or stainless steel cookware. One way to get more iron is to cook with cast iron cookware. I actually think the food tastes better cooked in iron anyway.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by visualmiscreant

Absolutely!, I love cooking in my cast iron pan. And for those that fear the cleaning of cast iron and the "stickiness". Use oil (not a ton) and soak the pan with water after cooking.......then wash as normal or use a metal mesh scraper...that you can't use on Teflon.....

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by visualmiscreant
Our foods today don't have the minerals they used to. Most people cook out of aluminum or stainless steel cookware. One way to get more iron is to cook with cast iron cookware. I actually think the food tastes better cooked in iron anyway.

My doctor told me to take extra iron. Instead of pills, I started cooking with cast iron almost all the time. I like that I can cook with it on the fire pit, or on the stove top, or even make an apple crumble in the oven with a cast iron fry pan.

I wonder how iron in vitamins is processed? I never thought to see if the pills are magnetic

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Sheesh.. everyone knows the answer to that...
Its for when the poles flip and we lose gravity for a moment.. more iron deposits in our colons will hold us to the earth until it comes back fully so we dont float out into space. Only a dope doesnt know this!

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
My theory is that it is to make us all magnetic so when the grey alien mothership finally enters our atmosphere it can just turn on its ion magnets and suck us all up.

Now thats just cute!

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

It adds to the wieght ... what other purpose could it have, this kind of iron is poorly absorbed.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter

It adds to the wieght ... what other purpose could it have, this kind of iron is poorly absorbed.

Well ya.... its toxic, your eating metal.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsthetooth

Was that supposed to be serious?

You know what they call a person with zero iron in them? DEAD!

Your body cannot function without iron. It's just a fact.

And about this type of iron being poorly absorbed. Please explain how those who used to use cast iron pots and pans got their iron that way? It's from tiny bits of iron being scrapped off while cooking and eating. Exactly the same thing as tiny tiny iron filings in your food.

There is no controversy, no conspiracy, your body needs iron PERIOD and this is a perfectly fine way of getting it.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Can u give me an example of such food. I want to soak it in water and see if it oxidises.If there are iron filings I should have a bright orange colour. Already tried this with Rice Crispies with no result.

Btw, Iron can be a free radical. Women need to replenish their iron regularly, men only need enough for producing haemoglobin.
edit on 31-10-2011 by blah yada because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by blah yada
Can u give me an example of such food. I want to soak it in water and see if it oxidises.If there are iron filings I should have a bright orange colour. Already tried this with Rice Crispies with no result.

Btw, Iron can be a free radical. Women need to replenish their iron regularly, men only need enough for producing haemoglobin.

I know Wheat-Bix has it added ... one of my children soak it in water and drew a magnet through it at school.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Sure, heres a video that explains it, and you get to see how much metal shavings there are....www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I know Wheat-Bix has it added ... one of my children soak it in water and drew a magnet through it at school.

Yes basically most foods of any brand that has enriched iron.
These metal shavings look like the same ones you get when you roll a magnant through dirt.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by James1982

Originally posted by itsthetooth

Was that supposed to be serious?

You know what they call a person with zero iron in them? DEAD!

Your body cannot function without iron. It's just a fact.

And about this type of iron being poorly absorbed. Please explain how those who used to use cast iron pots and pans got their iron that way? It's from tiny bits of iron being scrapped off while cooking and eating. Exactly the same thing as tiny tiny iron filings in your food.

There is no controversy, no conspiracy, your body needs iron PERIOD and this is a perfectly fine way of getting it.

Well I understand, and agree, we need iron. But do you realize we are talking about two differnt types of iron?

top topics

join