It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much should America help Russia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian
The problem is that both Russia and USA will not ask each other for help. They count themselfs superior and superior people help but dont ask for help.

On this I agree

Both countries are much too proud

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   
That's like really beside the point. The US can't practically help...

Commando units of either country are good, so why bother.
Do Americans have superior Chechen language skills? Doubt it.

Let's pray for the kids.

[edit on 1-9-2004 by Aelita]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian

The problem is that both Russia and USA will not ask each other for help. They count themselfs superior and superior people help but dont ask for help.

If that is the case, can the Americans have back the tens of billions we have sent over there to help feed you and to dismantle your nuclear weapons? Can we have back our personnel that are over there helping you do the above things? It is obvious you really dont have a clue to the amount of aid we give Russia. The thing is I dont mind helping out Russians...in the end despite the cold war etc... we have the same objective and that is peace and stability for our countries. I think we have more in common with Russians than we do with the Chinese. We have been allies before in the worst of times and I see no reason to put aside our differences and be allies during these times as well.

Having said all of that, I think Russia is setting on a timebomb here. As a former superpower, they need to deal with this proliferation of terrorism in their own country, afterall we are doing it in the very heart of the Islamic world. I would hope that the Russian government can do this without our help, because we have our hands full with the middle-east as a whole (Iraq, Syria, Iran) and of course North Korea. Hopefully the Russian people now recognize the dangers they face with Islamic fundamentalists and stop screwing around being France's gay partner. Help us convince Iran to not develop nuclear weapons, because by all accounts, Russia could receive the first blow by terrorist nukes. It would sort of be fitting since you helped give Islamic nations the technology. Idiots. Selling away your national security for a quick gain in temporary profit. Hope Russia can get things together and join us in the war as allies...just as in the previous world war.

[edit on 1-9-2004 by fawlty]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita
That's like really beside the point. The US can't practically help...

Your telling me they couldn't use some of our non leathal weapon systems, like the high powered microwave DE weapon? The Spetznaz are top droor, that is for sure, but perhaps they could use some of our more high tech non leathal weapons, or even tactics (this is not a slight intended for Russian forces) especially considering how the last hostage rescue went?

Commando units of either country are good, so why bother.
Do Americans have superior Chechen language skills? Doubt it.

I agree, again - see above. If they don't have enough Spetznaz available, well then maybe they could use some of our Delts. But my main point is maybe we have some systems or tech that the Russians don't that might be of use.

Let's pray for the kids.

Agreed - especially since I just heard there are children as young as THREE!!!
God help them all.

Q

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 01:17 AM
link   
My answer would be in the affirmative also. As Sargon mentioned, we are both at war with "ISLAMIC FUNDAMENTALIST TERRORISTS".

It's kind of funny...for all those years we fought the cold war using these little sandboxes for our proxy wars...and now that our tiff's over the biggest threat either of us face is not one another, but these same pissant countries.

We still don't see completely eye-to-eye governmentally, but as has been reflected in this thread, most people in both countries I think are on the same page when it comes to this. We are fighting the same enemies, after all-only in a different sandbox.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join