It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is being done in your community?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Is your community doing anything to protect its citizens in the event of a terrorist attack? The area I live in is doing little if anything that is visable anyway, I live half way between Buffalo and Niagara Falls both of which have been mentioned as possible secondary targets.Plus we are very close to the Canadian border. The chance of soft targets being targeted in the United States is high, either from foreign or domestic terrorist like the school in Russia that is under seige right now, are your schools and churches and communities doing anything for protection? I think most communities live with the mindset that it won't happen to us.I hope it doe not take a major attack to open the eyes of these communities, but unfortunatly I think that is exactly what will happen.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I think that it depends of the local situation.

Why is you area a possible secondary target?

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I live in Billings, Montana, and we have people that are CERT trained and many amateur radio (ham) operators always on the lookout for the unusual.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
This area is listed as a secondary target area because of our proximity to The Niagara Falls Power vista. Niagara Falls provides electric power to a huge portion of the eastern United States. It is also because of the high tourist population. Right after 9/11 the entire area to the power projects was shut down- no one was allowed to enter that area. There was also a photo of Niagara Falls on a Arab website associated with terrorism groups a few months back.

new topics

top topics

join