It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Much Does Your Avatar Represent or Resemble You?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
My avatar, is basically an artistic representation of my soul/actions in so many ways...physically, happens to point to my ethnicity.

I've always been the Watcher over others my entire life. As a kid/teen, I was friend to those that were friends to me, and if we were friends, their concerns were mine. Also, the mediator...if there was a conflict that could be settled "less than violently", i negotiated for that. If a person didn't like me, or vice-versa, so long as they respected me, and gave proper distance, the same was given...and now some have matured and recognized me for who I am, and not where I lived, trends i followed(or mostly not) and

As an adult, I was mostly employed professionaly (sp) to prevent, or protect, and guilt and innocence/right and wrong, was the scale i had to keep mindful of. I've seen the best and the absolute worst humanity has to offer, up to, and including death...and through it all I've been looked at as a Comfort. (that's according to most who know me, not my own words)

With strangers, if I've noticed a problem, and were compelled to lend words/assistance, i do...if i can, and it doesn't dampen my day. reminds me of a time when, at an event here in Georgia, a woman had a heart attack and seemingly I was the only 1 in the crowd of 100's, that knew CPR or cared to give it. as i knelt to begin, i noticed it was a woman from a city counsel meeting that spit the "N" word and let it be known of her Families Klan history in my city, but that didnt stop me from doing anything. I took a knee and went to work...needless to say, a week later, she met me after her release from a hospital and thanked me. And now when she sees me, HUGS! lol, some of the locals(a few of her friends/family) expressed their surprise at her mental change after that, and the help from "them Nigrahs" as she used to call us. To me it's whatever...if i wasnt gonna help her who was? that's how i looked at it, then and now.

Fair, laid back, protective, truthful, Loyal, dependable, intuitive, comforting...those are words I've heard, from many mouths, some even surprised me to hear who they came from, but I guess that's what it is.

edit on 1-11-2011 by ahmonrarh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
name - I'm a nerd who has many tattoos.
avatar - the current government models just aren't working anymore so I support the greatest of all evils. and let's be honest here...at least they admit they are evil in its purest form and not just wolves in sheep's clothing.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by CodyOutlaw

Explanation: S&F!

what is your relationship to the picture that you use to represent yourself here?

1] I made it myself using MSpaint.exe!

Does it resemble you?

2] In an abstract manner, yes it does!

What does it say about you?

3] That OL like's to be obtuse an make others think!

What drew you to it?

4] My imagination!

Personal Disclosure: Thanks for the link!

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
God Damn - I love this thread!

Thank you guys for being so interesting

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

Never played the third one. I read the synopsis, learned you would play as the children, and was turned off. I did a solo of the first game using only Isaac. Beat Deadbeard and Fusion Dragon with Isaac at lvl 28.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by wWizard

Impressive!
He is a very good character when utilized. And yes, the target audience for gs3 seemed... incorrect. GS1&2 are neutral in age IMO... yet the third was so.... cliche and just poorly designed. Gameplay was OK... but I don't even feel like doing a replay, though I must've beaten number one 100 times, and the second one another 60 times. Never gets old for me

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Very interesting thread!

My avatar represents me in many ways, as I intended it to. Here are the meanings I find in my avatar:

1) It started out as an actual image of my face. I enjoy creating computer-generated art and so used Photoshop to change the original image to what I'd envision.

2) I smile a lot and would likely be smiling while I said whatever it is I am saying on the forum if I were saying it IRL. I laugh a lot, too, and use a lot of covert humor in my conversing.

3) I feel like thinking deeply and trying to see things from other perspectives (whether or not I agree) is important. I am always trying to make myself a better person and always trying to find a way to transcend the negative things about life that tug at me. I feel like the third eye, which is composed of my other two eyes, is an accurate representation of this set of ideals.

4) I have always been drawn to the colors Indigo and Gray. I have used and combined them here because it just seemed right to.

5) I acknowledge that I can be unsettling, I don't try to hide this.

6) I feel like how I look IRL has always been something people take as all there is to me and judge me on. It's frustrating and very ridiculous to me, as I do not judge others on their appearances. I am happy with the way this picture came out and I feel like it is a much more accurate representation of me than my actual physical body.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I rotate avatars or don't use them at all. However, I found this, and *real - life* people say I resemble it physically from 85-95% (dependent on whether I am wearing make-up or not). I didn't make it myself
but it is the best that I could do that meets t&c requirements.
It represents my nature and ancestral roots fairly well as I am a mutt but with some Nat. Am. I too, am a prof. and so the burningspearess also has to do with my passion for knowledge, trying to leave a mark, and my subtle strictness.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I have 2 that I use. One is a representation of Tank Girl played in a movie by Lori Petty. I like her. I feel like I'm kinda spunky like her. The other one I use is my Sims 3 representation of myself. I don't like to use my real self picture on here. My Sims self is like me but cartoonized and my Tank Girl self is the way I'd like to be more of. She's nonconformist and funny and tough but still goofy and cute.
edit on 11-11-2011 by Ellie Sagan because: grammar

edit on 11-11-2011 by Ellie Sagan because: grammar again

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

lynda carter is awesome!

-subfab

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

GOOD QUESTION!!! Now that I finally found the right pic and figured out how to upload it, I'd say it represents me very well!

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I think it's obvious... I'm Batman.

No, but really Batman was always my favorite "super"hero, if you can call him that.

From the time I could talk I was talking about The Bat. I had the tricycle, the costume, a full size cardboard cutout, a batman bank, posters galore, the movies, etc. And that was all when I was 5.

I'm 24 now, and for my 24th birthday my mom insisted on getting me a cake, as it was the first time I'd been home for my birthday in 5 years. So I got a Batman cake. And my birthday present was a dog from the pound, which I named..you guessed it, Bruce Wayne.

I know he's not real a real person, but as a child, I was inspired. I thought "He's just a man, and look at everything he can do! I could do that too!"

Yes, it sounds stupid, I'll admit, but it's the reason I still love Batman today and the reason for my avatar.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by angrymomma

Loved that series.

My avatar is from a show called Hellsing. If you haven't seen that, then you're not even alive.
www.youtube.com...

It represents me...because I sometimes have to kill people in my line of work, so I may as well learn to do it with a smile.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Victor: What's the hold-up?

Official: He says Senzo Tanaka is his shidoshi.

Victor: What's the difference if Bruce Springsteen is his shidoshi?

Official: If Senzo Tanaks is his shidoshi, then show us the Dim Mak.

Ray Jackson: [turns to Frank] What the hell is a Dim Mack?

Official: Death touch.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
my avatar is cropped from a pic i drew of a woman who sang a song called lacrimosa.
so no, it doesnt represent or resemble me, just thought it'd look nice as an avatar.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Mine is to just Lead the World for i am the Boy whom the world were waiting to prove the case of the hole world., and to fight with those who deceived the hole world., so read me and tell me how you know me and how you can help me to the Sky now.......

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by lazydaisy67

Its representing you ? it represent how it will affect me ? because i am your Lord in this Life no matter where you at... so tell me now

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join