It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinians get Unesco seat as 107 vote in favour

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

The UN cultural organisation has voted strongly in favour of membership for the Palestinians - a move opposed by Israel and the United States. Of 173 countries voting, 107 were in favour, 14 opposed and 52 abstained. Under US law, Washington can now withdraw funding to Unesco. This would deprive the agency of some $70m (£43.7m) - more than 20% of its budget. The UN Security Council will vote next month on whether to grant the Palestinians full UN membership.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Wow this is great news!! Lets see what happens now. The US is threatening funding cuts

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkKnight21

All this is to creat a war.....I lived in Israel......haters want to hate..

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by POPUP2000

I absolutely agree with you. In my opinion, these moves have been calculated and projected for years now. Further divide the world so that even those with no interest will see fit to pick a side in the I$rael vs Palestine bitch-fest. Those divisions will create new tensions. New states, countries and republics will then be labeled "terrorist nations" giving whichever taking-head errr..Commander in Chief carte blanche to invade and destroy.

The reason?

No, not I$rael (but they do contribute)

It's greed. WAR is our country's chief export. People complain that we don't make anything anymore? That's wrong. We make Death, Misery, Destruction, Pain, Narcisism, Weapons, Planes and on and on.

edit on 31-10-2011 by TXRabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Wow this is great news!! Lets see what happens now. The US is threatening funding cuts

Pretty obvious. The UN will buckle and give in to our demands. Money rules this world, Palestinians get their statehood vetoed and nothing changes. Abbas will throw a tantrum and terrorist attacks will ramp up from Hamas and Israel will retaliate 10 times worse than anything Hamas does, more innocent people get caught in the crossfire and die and the world is the more poorer for it.

Just give them their damned statehood and be done with it. Israel is already surrounded by muslims on all sides, one more will make no difference because theyre already there anyway and not all palestinians are muslim some are jews too.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit

Originally posted by POPUP2000

I absolutely agree with you. In my opinion, these moves have been calculated and projected for years now. Further divide the world so that even those with no interest will see fit to pick a side in the I$rael vs Palestine bitch-fest. Those divisions will create new tensions. New states, countries and republics will then be labeled "terrorist nations" giving whichever taking-head errr..Commander in Chief carte blanche to invade and destroy.

The reason?

No, not I$rael (but they do contribute)

It's greed. WAR is our country's chief export. People complain that we don't make anything anymore? That's wrong. We make Death, Misery, Destruction, Pain, Narcisism, Weapons, Planes and on and on.

edit on 31-10-2011 by TXRabbit because: (no reason given)

Kinda reminds me of a civilization that burned out about 1700 years ago. Oh yeah! The Roman Empire! We will suffer the same fate as they because we follow in their footsteps. Our country is already collapsing and soon "Rome" will burn again while our Caesar Nero cackles maniacally while he plays his fiddle in the white house. The book of Revelation rewinds and replays all over again. Who is the man with 666 written in his name this time?

top topics

join