It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whitstable, UK "Event into Space" RSOE EDIS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
There has been an event in the UK with the above description.

Does anybody know what this could be? Meteorite maybe? Nothing is showing on any news website as far as I can see.

Source

Edit: just realised this happened on 22nd October. Mods please delete if it has already been discussed.
edit on 31-10-2011 by fiftyfifty because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

Interesting always click the description tab

A meteorite falling into the sea sparked a search and rescue mission last night after two people reported they saw a plane crash into the water off the coast of Whitstable. Kent Fire and Rescue Service were called out after a pilot and another person both reported they saw what the thought was an aircraft crashing into the sea. However, after firefighters from Whitstable and nearby Herne Bay scoured the area, no trace of the aircraft could be found.

edit on 10/31/2011 by iforget because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Check the description link, it was a small asteroid that fell into the sea

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Oops. Just found another thread www.abovetopsecret.com... discussing this. My bad, rushing to get new info onto ATS whilst on lunch.

Consider the thread closed.

50/50

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Saw this in our local rag I am from that area. Very interesting. I have reported a flare to the coastguard before, the one I saw was obviously a flare but I can imagine if you saw something you thought was a flare and turned out to be a meteorite it would be embarrassing but what do you do ring and maybe save somebody's life or not bother because you were unsure if it was a flare or not,tough call.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Better safe than sorry...

Not a tough call for me...

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I would have made the emergency call without a second thought. Far better to have them called out and it be a meteorite than not to bother and its a light aircraft.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
complete page,

Kent Fire and Rescue Service responded after a pilot was among several who reported what they thought was an aircraft crashing into the sea at Whitstable. After fire-fighters from Whitstable and Herne Bay searched the area, no trace of the aircraft could be found. Air traffic controllers told rescue crews they did not have any planes missing, so the search was called off and recorded as a meteorite falling to Earth. A spokesman for Kent Fire and Rescue Service said: "Two independent calls came in reporting a plane had crashed off the coast. "Even a pilot who was looking out of his window reported a plane was in distress and had gone into the sea. "Fishermen in the area also reported seeing something, but in the end nothing was found and it was put down to a meteorite falling to Earth." Hundreds of meteorites streaked across the sky this weekend as the Earth passed through a cloud of dust left by behind by a comet called Giacobini-Zinner.

edit on 31-10-2011 by smurfy because: Text.

new topics

top topics

join