It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Herman Cain Accused of Inappropriate Sexual Behavior: Two Women Receive Financial Settlements

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Interesting developments. This is not looking good for Cain. I mean, if these women WANT to talk, they probably have something to say. And if they talk, even if it's untrue, Cain is finished. I feel kind of sorry for the guy...

I don't. Ron Paul has YEARS of sticking to his morals,and convictions. Its not hard if you believe in it.
Put yourself in the position to fail,and fail you will.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Yeah, but people make mistakes. I've done some pretty stupid things in my life. My dirty laundry would assure a failed political career, I guarantee it. And I'm a good person.
And I'll bet Ron Paul has made a bad call a time or two in his life. You don't get to be that old without making some mistakes.

I don't know. I feel bad because he was going along, on top of the GOP roster and BAM! this thing comes along and ruins his chances. I'd never vote for him because of policy issues, but I still feel bad for the guy.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I don't know. I feel bad because he was going along, on top of the GOP roster and BAM! this thing comes along and ruins his chances. I'd never vote for him because of policy issues, but I still feel bad for the guy.

I could feel bad for a man that acknowledges his mistakes and shows remorse. Cain is taking the GOP tactic and denying, pointing fingers and not taking personal responsibility. "Family Values"

He deserves to go down in flames if he has no sense of honor!

edit on 2-11-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Yes, I totally agree. He's a lying sack of ... anyway, I don't feel sorry for him on that level. It's just that he had his eye on the prize and that's gotta hurt, I don't care who you are. I just think he's probably suffering right now.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Yeah, but people make mistakes. I've done some pretty stupid things in my life. My dirty laundry would assure a failed political career, I guarantee it. And I'm a good person.
And I'll bet Ron Paul has made a bad call a time or two in his life. You don't get to be that old without making some mistakes.

I agree BH, I would never get elected, I understand we want our elected officials to be set to higher standards, but they never have been perfect, the press just use to cover it up, they still cover for some.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

I agree BH, I would never get elected, I understand we want our elected officials to be set to higher standards, but they never have been perfect, the press just use to cover it up, they still cover for some.

I'm not so certain that we hold politicians to a higher standard (we've elected plenty of people knowing they had a checkered past)...I think it has more to do with full up front disclosure of past indiscretions. I know it seems odd to jump into the race and say "hey, I did this and I did that...I'm regretful and have learned from my mistakes...blah, blah, blah". BUT, perhaps that should be part of a candidate's "introduction" to America....you know, the part where the candidate tells America "hey, this is who I am and what I represent". Americans are forgiving...very forgiving (for the most part)...they just don't like being lied to (even if the lie is by omission), manipulated, being taken for fools, etc. Seriously, if someone is running for president, then they have to know that anything "shady" from their past WILL come out during the process...If they don't know that, then are they really smart enough to be the leader of the free world?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

That might work for some but not for others, depends on which side the press is on.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

It is honesty voters crave, not perfection.

If Cain had immediately responded with something like " I went through a difficult time in my marriage and behaved on a few occasions in a manner I am not particularly proud of. I love my wife dearly and those times are behind us and are not relevant to the grave issues facing our nation. This is the last time I will waste the publics time answering such questions. I have said all I have to say on this personal matter."

People would probably cheer him...instead, deny, lie, change story, deny, lie, change story...the press owns the story because he refuses to... an honest man would own his own story good or bad and most Americans respect that. He baits the press and public by being dishonest. It's his own doing.

edit on 2-11-2011 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
This may or may not have already been posted:

Mark Block, Herman Cain's Chief Of Staff, Blasts Perry Campaign On Fox News (VIDEO)

Mark Block, GOP presidential candidate Herman Cain's Chief of Staff, blasted Rick Perry's campaign during an appearance Wednesday on Fox News.

"The actions of the Perry campaign are despicable," Block told Fox News' Bret Baier. Block was referring to the Cain campaign's belief that a Perry adviser who once worked for Cain during an unsuccessful 2004 Senate bid was behind the recent surfacing of sexual harassment allegations leveled at Cain.

Block told Baier that he "absolutely" believes the Perry campaign was behind the Politico story which initially brought the allegations to light.

So there you have it. While it's not know for a fact this was the source of the leak, it's a pretty compelling set of circumstances. Now someone tell right-wing morons like Limbaugh to quit blaming "librul media" for this debacle. This is just another example of the dirty mud-slinging sort of politics the GOP is known for.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

I could feel bad for a man that acknowledges his mistakes and shows remorse. Cain is taking the GOP tactic and denying, pointing fingers and not taking personal responsibility. "Family Values"

edit on 2-11-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

Actually,you hit it on the head,and said what I should have said!

Star for you!

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Society forgives folks who screw up, right? When someone does their time for a crime, that is payment for the wrong. Hey, Michael Vick is back on top after his crimes with animals. Bill Clinton has been forgiven by the masses, as has Newt Gingrich (cheating on his wife). So, why not the same with Herman Cain? He paid for his wrongdoing too - in money as a settlement, just like Michael Jackson did (society forgave Michael). So move on! Because your going to forgive him anyway.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by banishedfromthisarea
Society forgives folks who screw up, right? When someone does their time for a crime, that is payment for the wrong. Hey, Michael Vick is back on top after his crimes with animals. Bill Clinton has been forgiven by the masses, as has Newt Gingrich (cheating on his wife). So, why not the same with Herman Cain? He paid for his wrongdoing too - in money as a settlement, just like Michael Jackson did (society forgave Michael). So move on! Because your going to forgive him anyway.

Except, Cain didn't pay, the National Restaurant Association did. By Cain's own admission, he has no recollection of the events AND then, suddenly, he does recall a settlement, BUT, he was no part of it. Honestly, nobody is asking him to pay now, they are only seeking the truth....after that, it is up to the American citizens to judge his qualifications for president...In all honesty, and I'm sorry for borrowing a right-wing phrase, he should be "properly vetted"; or am I wrong in thinking that his past should not be looked into? If I'm wrong, then please point out my error in logic.

edit on 2-11-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Well, Cain is smart, so he had to know the difference between a settlement and an agreement (none). So, what this shows is he is a poor liar. And, as a good judge of character, I prefer poor liars over skilled liars because of two reasons: 1) it shows me they don't often lie; and 2) the truth will be easy to find in the future.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
So because another women claimed that he harassed her too we should believe it? Sounds like a joke to me, and she just now decided to speak up about it. In feminist Amerika anything can be taken as sexual harassment, just looking at a women the wrong way is grounds for harassment.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Oh for goodness' sakes, Whaaa, you act as if denial is a GOP-only tactic. Ever hear of John Edwards? Remember, there are youngsters onboard here who might believe that bullcrap you're pushing... shame on you for spreading disinfo.:shk:

ETA: And to discover that there are some regulars here who agree with you.
Sheer partisanship.

Whatever. I don't know if old Herman is guilty or not...I'm just glad I'm out of that whole dating scene. Just asking for a lady's telephone number will get you charged these days. The women's libbers must be laughing their a$$es off...oh! wait! was that harassment?

It would take a MAJOR fox to pin anything on me nowadays. Ima too wise.

edit on 3-11-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
John Edwards was accused of cheating on his wife in an extramarital affair. That doesn't come close to sexual harassment. Even the Clinton scandal was mutual between two consenting adults - Cain on the other hand appear to be harassing women under his employ and then paying them to go away if they complain. He's up to three now, how much you wanna bet there's a 4th, 5th out there?

Not saying what Edwards, Clinton, or Gingrich et. al. did was right, but none of those scandals were sexual harassment scandals. They were extramarital affairs.

I can forgive the likes of Edwards or Gingrich for their affairs. Not so much Clinton since he lied to cover it up to Congress (but then it was a huge waste of time investigating it and he was impeached). Cain is a different story, if it was one female accusing him of harassment it would be a different story, but now it's three, and he is HIDING behind the non-disclosure agreement to keep THEM from talking about it, all the while he is blabbing away and blaming others for his woes. His restaurant association made it a habit to constantly pay off his need to harass women.

BTW Cain has named his former 2004 Senate bid campaign staffer and now Perry campaign consultant as the source of the leak: Cain Blames Former Senate Campaign Staffer, Now Perry Employee

Worse is now Cain is flailing about looking for someone to blame, and I doubt he was right in accusing Perry's campaign. I love this comment from the link above;

"Not only that, but Cain and Brock tripped over their tongues again with the whole business about debriefing a consultant in 2003. That's a little different story than Cain was telling the first day this story broke.
So far, Cain has accused liberals, racists, leftwing media and the Perry campaign of leaking the story. According to The Washington Times, his story has shifted again and he is now blaming Rahm Emanuel for leaking the story to Perry. After all, Perry and Emanuel are such good friends. It is hard to understand, though, why Rahm would need to lend a hand, since Cain was previously claiming the story came from his former consultant. Before Cain's through he'll be blaming the Lindbergh kidnapper, Al Capone, Hansel and Gretel and the Great Pumpkin. The latter is particularly suspicious, given the time of year.
What you are watching is a total meltdown by a candidate who is now flailing around and pointing the finger at everyone but himself for the trouble he's in. He is making wild accusations against his opponents, with no proof whatsoever, to distract attention from his unraveling campaign.
Fred Barnes had it right tonight. What difference does it make who tipped off Politico? Given the number of people who knew about the complaints there was no way they were not going to surface. Cain either knew that or he truly is the dumbest person ever to run for office. He knew for sure it was coming as of ten days ago, and yet he responded with one set of contradictory statements, tactical blunders and unfounded claims after another.
I've already noted that as a journalist with 30-plus years of experience that Cain had lost all credibility with me by the end of the day the story broke. I would be curious to know if there are any ex-cops on this site, and if so what conclusions they would be drawing about now, if a husband had been tripping over himself in interrogations about his dead wife as much as Cain has been mangling this story. There is a reason reporters and cops become cynical after they've been on the job for awhile. What outsiders see on the surface is often a lot different than what goes on behind the scenes."

The person Cain should be blaming is himself. He put himself in this position, starting with his treatment of those women, then how he handled himself as CEO of the restaurant assoc. to cover it up, then how he handled himself as the story broke - and given how many people at this assoc. or former campaigner knew about it, the source could be from anywhere.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas

Whatever. I don't know if old Herman is guilty or not...I'm just glad I'm out of that whole dating scene. Just asking for a lady's telephone number will get you charged these days.

???

Herman Cain was, in theorey, "out of the whole dating scene" at the time of these (now 3?) accusations?

He had been married for a couple of decades at the time.

Or am I missing something?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas

.I'm just glad I'm out of that whole dating scene. Just asking for a lady's telephone number will get you charged these days. The women's libbers must be laughing

Why am I not suprised

A true gentleman knows how to operate in the world of romance and seduction without being charged with harassment. I personally enjoy the company and affections of a number of beautiful women, and have never had any complaints.

Apparently Mr. Cain didn't know the fundamentals and now he is going to pay the price. Only a fool would come on to strong and nasty.

Subtleties with a sense of style and grace, is the way to a woman heart and favor.

If Mr. Cain is clumsy in the world of romance; how can he be expected to be president of a country with all the intricacies and gamesmanship involved in leading the most powerful nation on earth.

The answer is....he can't and the GOP knows it.
edit on 3-11-2011 by whaaa because: d3d

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
And now a 3rd accuser comes forward.

AP: Third accuser says Herman Cain harassed her

This guy seems to have made it a habit to pay off his accusers.

And how many people did Bill Clinton harass and actually assault???

Wait a minute .....what was her name? Oh, yeah......Juanita Broaddrick raped by Bill Clinton.

It's time for the - Golden Oldies - to be brought out into the light of day.

-----------
OOPS! It looks like we have opened a can of worms!

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by shadowmyst
So because another women claimed that he harassed her too we should believe it? Sounds like a joke to me, and she just now decided to speak up about it. In feminist Amerika anything can be taken as sexual harassment, just looking at a women the wrong way is grounds for harassment.

This tiny speed bump will fall behind Herman Cain in a few days.

Then it will be time to talk about his new economic plan. I think it's called the 9-9-9 plan.

9% Flat Corporate Tax

9% Flat Income Tax

9% National Sales Tax

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join