It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Herman Cain Accused of Inappropriate Sexual Behavior: Two Women Receive Financial Settlements

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Flint2011

I agree. This is most likely election dirt. I'm not sure what the facts are, so I can't really make a judgment about it. It's probably nothing. I do think it's interesting to ponder who might be behind it, though.

I agree with the others who think it's a classic GOP tactic. Cain's the front runner in the race and Obama is not even in that race. Obama isn't going to mess with someone who may not be in the finals with him. Wait till someone gets the GOP nomination to see what Obama does.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

I totally understand your POV.. I just don't buy it..

It's the obvious, and this election season is knocking down the walls of the status quo of previous elections..

I like that...

I wouldn't target a bigmoney candidate, like Romney, Perry, Obama.. that should be an obvious deal..

The politics .. as usual.. is going to fail... THIS TIME...

And THEY can't handle it..

They don't have a clue....

they = both sides... OMG... the folks have risen from the slumber....

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Recent news from the lawyer of one of the 'victims' is that she wants the confidentiality agreement lifted so she could talk about what happened.

Either she wants to come out and clear Cain's name or wants the public to know about the truth about his dirt.

or maybe she just wants the 15 minutes of national attention...

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Yep, Like I said, just more good ol boy tactics. I won't even entertain the drama that is being drummed about these scandals. Not under these circumstances. Of course it came from his own political party. That's where he poses the biggest threat right now. I was leaning towards Cain for most his campaign but his views/stances on things led a stray for me so he lost my support. However I do not support these type of character assassinations. Sad thing is though, most Americans eat it up and especially my fellow conservatives.
edit on 11-2-2011 by Flint2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
Recent news from the lawyer of one of the 'victims' is that she wants the confidentiality agreement lifted so she could talk about what happened.

Here's a link, for that:

Seems one employee got, not a couple month's salary, but One Year Salary as her severance.

The National Restaurant Association gave $35,000 — a year’s salary — in severance pay to a female staff member in the late 1990s after an encounter with Herman Cain, its chief executive at the time, made her uncomfortable working there, three people with direct knowledge of the payment said on Tuesday.
Adding to the pressure on Mr. Cain, a lawyer for the second woman called on the restaurant association to release her from a confidentiality agreement signed as part of her settlement, raising the prospect that she could publicly dispute Mr. Cain’s account of what happened. The lawyer said the confidentiality agreement had left her unable to respond to Mr. Cain’s denials of any inappropriate behavior toward the women.
One former colleague familiar with the details said such a severance was not common, especially for an employee with the woman’s relatively short tenure and her pay grade.

Is it possible we'll hear from this woman? This isn't looking so rosy for Cain this morning. If the women just accused him to get something from the company, why would one be wanting to talk now? She apparently has something to say. I'd like to hear it, myself.

edit on 11/2/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

I believe the reason the women wants to speak out now is because others are willing to pay her for her story as well as getting her 15 minutes of fame.

I enjoyed watching Mr. Cain in the hot seat on Special Report with Bret Bair on Fox last night. I thought it was refreshing to see a canidate answering the tough questions. I've never seen any other canidate take on the hot seat like he did on that news program. I think it was good practice for being President. That's the hottest seat in town.

He's approach seems to be from a business stand point. I believe that the government can be run more efficently and have been ranting for years about how the government should be making money instead of raping us with taxes.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Makes you wonder what the Dems are saving for Romney?

If Romney has political addvisors worth a damn, they are giving him the third degree right now...no suprises...we want to know if you ever got caught peeking at a classmates answers in grade school...Everything!

Whatever the reality of Cain's alledged transgressions, his people should have been in front of the story, not playing catch-up, with Cain's "knowledge" of what happened evolving everytime another fact emerges. It makes Cain appear dishonest, which is a seperate and arguably more damaging issue from whatever he said or did not say to those women.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Is it possible we'll hear from this woman?

I think it is likely.

Courts cut some slack on an NDA once one party starts talking. My guess is that someone will offer to cover legal fees in exchange for her story.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
And how do I fix this sexual behavior problem?! I call it my 2-2-2 plan! 2 women on 2 beds in 2 different hotels! Then 2 apologies, 2 roses and 2 settlements! CALL EM UP!

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by relocator
I believe that the government can be run more efficently and have been ranting for years about how the government should be making money instead of raping us with taxes.

The government is not a business and if it were "raping us with taxes" would be it's first order of business.

A corproation is legally bound to profit the greatest financial profit to it's shareholders...that's it. Seriously.
Beyond "theoretically' following the law.

But a democracy or a democratic republic is not structured to make a profit, it is structured to spend the pooled contributions (taxes) of it's citizens to provide general welfare and services to those same citizens that they could not afford individually...

"the people" are supposed to run this country and selling services to ourselves at a profit from our contributions (taxes) is not only silly, but frightening. Where does that profit go? That extra margin the government makes?

If you say returned to us... So we pay more (taxes) for services to get either more in services or a tax refund?
That is not a business.

In Business the management team keeps the lions share of profit...that is an Oligarchy, not Democracy.

Government is a mechanism by which individuals can benefit in ways they otherwise could never afford. Building roads etc. Could you afford a lab and workers to ensure your food was not tainted or contaminated? An on call security force? A private mailman? An on call Medical team for emergencies? etc. etc.

The last thing you want is for the Polticians to privatize government with them as CEOs.

Can government be more efficient? Less deficiet? Hell yes. But God help us all if it is ever run as a business.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

You make good points. But I believe the government is playing both sides. On one hand.. No! government shouldn't be run as a business but on the other hand they want all this money to distribute, they want to create all these jobs, and have all these Czars???, etc., and oh wait they sell stuff. I say hmmmmmm. Which is it going to be??? If the government is not a business then why are they acting like one with lobbyist (not technicially) and everything. We the People need to be the owner of the government business so we are the ones that profit. Hello!
edit on 2-11-2011 by relocator because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flint2011

That is the objective. To blow his campaign out of the race. He poses a threat to many and he was gaining. This is good ol boy tactics 101. WE have seen it used time and time again during each election campaign. He is officially shot in the foot and he will not come back from it and whoever is behind it knows it. They probably had this as a contingency for just the occasion. So long and farewell to you Cain.

Polling data and fundraising numbers show this scandal to be a joke.

--------------
Cash is now pouring into the Herman Cain campaign.
I think even Bill Clinton is laughing. That's it? That's the best you can do?

Now even MORE people know who Herman Cain is!

Join the party! Hop on the Cain Train!

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by Flint2011

That is the objective. To blow his campaign out of the race. He poses a threat to many and he was gaining. This is good ol boy tactics 101. WE have seen it used time and time again during each election campaign. He is officially shot in the foot and he will not come back from it and whoever is behind it knows it. They probably had this as a contingency for just the occasion. So long and farewell to you Cain.

Polling data and fundraising numbers show this scandal to be a joke.

--------------
Cash is now pouring into the Herman Cain campaign.
I think even Bill Clinton is laughing. That's it? That's the best you can do?

Now even MORE people know who Herman Cain is!

Join the party! Hop on the Cain Train!

Herman Cain is a NWO shill. What part of Cain's Directorship of the Federal Reserve, Kansas City, do you not understand or don't you understand what the Federal Reserve actually is and how it functions.

There's a great little animated film, "The American Dream", available on YouTube which explains the money system and the Fed. It's about 30 minutes long and will help to lift the veil of misinformation that shrouds the current money system and keeps the corruption in place.

Herman Cain is an adept salesman just as Obama is. His involvement with the Fed should be a huge red flag for anyone aware of the depths of corruption pervading the current structure.

With regard to the current scandal...one person claiming harassment is one thing, two people is starting to look like a pattern. Where there's smake, there's fire...

The incident must have been pretty significant for the person to receive a full year's salary as settlement.

It' might be fun to think you're backing a anti establishment candidate who can beat the hated Obama but anyone who supports Cain is just as deceived as those who believed Obama.
edit on 2-11-2011 by robyn because: grammar

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by robyn

I say Herman Cain or bust!

--------
Real clear politics polling data:

Herman Cain 30% / Romney 23 / Gingrich 10 / Perry 8 / Paul 7

This stupid scandal is helping Herman Cain!

Now more people know who he is and can easily recognize a smear campaign when
they see one. Nice try!

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

It will be Herman Cain AND BUST for you then. (facepalm) Good luck with that.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by robyn

Everything will make more sense when you see the Vice President pick.

So far Herman Cain likes Senator Jim DeMint. Tea Party power is on the move!

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
The media blitz is in full swing and my small production company has gotten a bid on some local GOP ads.

I asked a couple of the committee chairs about Cain and they just looked at me and laughed.

The last thing you want is for the Polticians to privatize government with them as CEOs.

It's already a private club and not only are they the CEOs; they own and control all the stock thru their proxy organizations.
edit on 2-11-2011 by whaaa because: g6g

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
To add to the discussion:

Oklahoma pollster confirms he witnessed incident involving Cain

In his description of the event to the radio station KTOK, Wilson said "I was the pollster at the National Restaurant Association when Herman Cain was head of it, and I was around a couple of times when this happened and anyone who was involved with the NRA at the time, knew that this was going to come up."

On the radio, he predicted "if she (the alleged victim) comes out and talks about it, like I said, it'll probably be the end of his campaign."

EDIT: Also of note (according to the linked article) is that this individual is doing polling for a political action committee supporting Rick Perry's campaign.
edit on 2-11-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
And now a 3rd accuser comes forward.

AP: Third accuser says Herman Cain harassed her

This guy seems to have made it a habit to pay off his accusers.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Interesting developments. Cain is crapping his pants right now. I mean, if these women WANT to talk, they probably have something to say. And if they talk, even if it's untrue, Cain is finished. I feel kind of sorry for the guy...
edit on 11/2/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join