It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Herman Cain Accused of Inappropriate Sexual Behavior: Two Women Receive Financial Settlements

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
What do you expect from a Republican...find a decent one..trust me you won't be able to.

Face the GOP is screwed and I like it...

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Rest easy everyone...

The white Christian Conservative, Southern, Evangelicals, that pull the GOP strings will never allow a Black man to even be nominated for President. VP perhaps as a token "look how big a tent we have"

I'm going with Vegas odds.....

www.betvega.com...

- Barack Obama -175

- Mitt Romney +1000

- Haley Barbour +2500

- Sarah Palin +1500

- Hillary Clinton +5000

- Newt Gingrich +3300

- John Boehner +2000

- Joe Biden +5000

- Mike Huckabee +1800

- Tim Pawlenty +1200

- Jon Huntsman +3300

- Bobby Jindal +3300

- Bill Owens +4000

- Chuck Hagel +4000

- Fred Thompson +4000

- David Petraeus +1600

- Lindsey Graham +4000

- Rudolph Giuliani +5000

- Chuck Baldwin +4000

- Evan Bayh +5000

- Tom Ridge +5000

- Ron Paul +4500

- George Allen +6600

- Al Gore +6600

- John McCain +6600

- Condaleeza Rice +6600

- John Edwards +6600

- George Pataki +8000

- Bill Frist +8000

- Jim Webb +10000

- Kathleen Sebelius +10000

- Tim Kaine +10000

- Arnold Schwarzenegger +5000

- Sam Brownback +10000

- Janet Napolitano +10000

- John Kerry +10000

- Michael Bloomberg +2500

- Mark Warner +6600

- Caroline Kennedy +6600

- Dick Cheney +20000

- Donald Trump +3000

Notice Herman Cain isn't even on the list. Now why would that be?

topic...if there are allegations of sexual impropriety against Cain you can bet it comes from the GOP leadership because they simply don't want a black man for president.

edit on 31-10-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Thanks. Inviting someone to his room isn't sexual harassment. Firing someone for not complying? That would be a BIG problem. It's too bad we don't know what really happened, but I'm hoping more information will come out in the next few days. If not, it's no big deal, because, as I have said before, Cain isn't getting NEAR the nomination. It's just not going to happen. And if nothing further is discovered about this, the story will likely be a dim memory next week.

I agree, if it's a smear, it's most likely coming from the GOP camp.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Here you go BH.

Cain Denies Report of Sexual Harassment

Sunday, 30 Oct 2011 10:32 PM
www.newsmax.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
It didn't take long now did it? Conservatives finely get a viable candidate, and the accusations start flying!
There is absolutely no proof of this whatsoever.

Dems must feel so threatened by the fact that this man has a real plan and a proven track record to go with it; much better than some old tired rhetoric we hear every day.

As far as Cain losing support daily, that is incorrect. He is now ahead of Romney in the Iowa caucus. So can you please link where Cain is losing support?

rasmussenreports

press-citizen

edit on 10/31/2011 by paxnatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Cains sexual life is none of anyones business.

His criminal life may well be, though.

This is not even a criminal offense.

It could most definitely be! If he stalked or assaulted these women, it would be criminal.

Making blanket statements just to smear a GOP nominee
so that wretched hole that can not be filled but with hate
on watching *the enemy* under fire.
Making up these maybes if's he stalked IF he assaulted he did not stalk or assault anyone
nice defaming of a man character
Statue of limitation is in effect for any criminal charges now so your accusations are MOOT.
Sick. There is no criminal charges.

Who he wanted to have sex with and asked
and his sex life IS NO ONES BUSINESS.
Case closed and basically no one cares.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I don't know if the allegations are true, but I would certainly wouldn't put it past the media to do a favor for whoever butters their bread to run wild with this headline, the way most of the folks tune into news, that is the only thing they will remember.

Cain's supposed to appear on FNC in a few, and they will definitely ask him about this, they have been running this story about every 5 minutes this morning..

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Again, CAIN has not denied it. Several people in his campaign have.

Originally posted by popsmayhem
Making blanket statements

What blanket statements, pops?

Statue of limitation is in effect for any criminal charges now so your accusations are MOOT.

These are not MY accusations.
I don't even know the man. This is a NEWS story. And I don't think the statute of limitations applies to voters.
I don't think Cain will be arrested, but his voters, especially the women, have a 'statute of limitations' that lasts far longer than the law's.

Who he wanted to have sex with and asked and his sex life IS NO ONES BUSINESS.

I agree. (Have you read my posts?)

Case closed and basically no one cares.

Au contraire! The case is not closed and if the MSM buzz about this is any indication, the case is wide open!
And if you don't care, why keep posting to defend this man? I think people care. I think YOU care.
It's pretty clear.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus
It didn't take long now did it? Conservatives finely get a viable candidate, and the accusations start flying!
There is absolutely no proof of this whatsoever.

Dems must feel so threatened by the fact that this man has a real plan and a proven track record to go with it; much better than some old tired rhetoric we hear every day.

As far as Cain losing support daily, that is incorrect. He is now ahead of Romney in the Iowa caucus. So can you please link where Cain is losing support?

rasmussenreports

press-citizen.com[/url ]

[url=http://content.usatoday.com/communities/onpolitics/post/2011/10/herman-cain-texas-poll-rick-perry-/1]Cain, Perry neck-and-neck

Texas is fueling the Cain-train too
.......... shhhhh, don't tell the racist puppets who are so foolish that they spread such hate that white christians and such won't let a black man in become President. I like seeing them obey, via division.

edit on 31-10-2011 by sweetliberty because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I don't care about Cain!

Although I do support every man and womens
right to not have false witness bared against them!!

If this was happening to Obama I would say the same thing.

WOULD YOU?????

I have morals, i hope OP does as well.

Do not go smearing a mans character
and baring false witness how would
people feel if they were in the other persons
shoes who was wrongly accused and
your good name was dishonored over
lies!!

Cain is not going to win the GOP nominee

What they are doing is attacking herman cain because
he is black!!

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Cain has now directly denied that he ever harassed anyone and he also said he was falsely accused. He will be going into more detail throughout the day. I heard this (saw his video) on MSNBC.

That's the best way for him to deal with this, IMO. His evasive actions of yesterday leave doubt, but I will be eager to hear further details.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

edit on 10/31/2011 by paxnatus because: No longer relevant in the discussion

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
If this was happening to Obama I would say the same thing.

WOULD YOU?????

Yes, I would. You seem to think that I have a personal interest in falsely accusing this man... The truth is, there was a thread on it earlier. I posted in it and it disappeared. It's news. I re-posted it. I did not take a position on the story. Your ASSUMPTIONS about me and my position are not valid.

I am not smearing this man's character!
This is a new story, plain and simple. One which I did not give my personal opinion on...

And going after my morals will get you nowhere. That has NOTHING to do with the story. WHy do you keep trying to change the subject? Oh, right. Because you don't care. Right.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I believe Romney is behind this. And wasn't this settled already ...with compensation? If so, those women need to give their money back and the whoever leaked this needs to be brought up on charges.

Nothing more than water under the bridge. Lesson learned.

If it was the DNC that leaked this, well, they shot their load.

A bit to early if you ask me.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

I could say the same about the DNC. But I think for myself and look into the actions of the candidates, not their words.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
This is tabloid journalism. Reporters hungry for dirt on any candidate are going to pour over their life's details with a fine-toothed comb looking for this kind of background. Blaming it on dems or repubs is only an excuse for it getting out there. Cain himself warned his own staffers that this accusation might surface - which is very telling that he knew the accusation existed and was just waiting to be discovered by the media.

A real smear campaign works along the lines of Swiftboating - it doesn't need truth to make it stick, you just use your media outlets to constantly make character attacks based around the accusation.

The Dems wouldn't be behind this - they would save it for when Cain got the nomination and then use it to destroy him. The most likely party responsible for pushing this would be the Romney or Perry camp. They feel the most pressure from Cain. But then again, it could just be tabloid journalism couldn't resist going after a juicy story that was lingering over Cain's head. Cain's big mistake was not addressing the story right away.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Yea, this is a sterotypical non story in my opinion.

Lawsy! I hope Romney is tied to this and that is discredited.

I just do not like that dude.

He's more of a snake oil saleman than Obama.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
The Dems wouldn't be behind this - they would save it for when Cain got the nomination and then use it to destroy him. The most likely party responsible for pushing this would be the Romney or Perry camp.

I hadn't thought of Perry, but in my mind, he or his campaign is more likely the source of this.

I think I actually believe Cain. I think he was probably falsely accused. It wouldn't be the first time an executive was falsely accused.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
First, I am not a fan of his (even though I thought his ad was pure awesome) nor do I plan to consider him for my vote (foreign policy). Saying that, I have to admit that, if he hadn't gained in the polls recently, I don't think this would have ever come up in the news. Take that however you want but these convenient accusations happen all the time when somebody unlikable gets ahead in popularity.

Of the top of my head this reminds me of Ron Paul (racism accusations) or Julian Assange with his sexual harassment claims.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

I take back my stance this might be "tabloid journalism" - I think the Politico reporters are following a real story lead, and based on how the two women were dismissed and received financial settlements along with a ban on speaking about the story - that in itself looks like a admission of guilt. It reminds me a lot of Michael Jackson paying off the family of that boy and then having them sign a contract to never speak about the sexual harassment he was accused of. In a lot of respects the GOP was lucky this story broke now, before their primaries, and not afterwards should Cain have carried the nomination.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join