It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

wake up, i'm home

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TheScale

I couldn't agree more. The only thing I watch on television are the history and science channels. I've long known the History channel has presented a one-sided take on history, but it hasn't stopped me from watching it mainly because it still provides some kernels of useful information. However, it has only taught me more and more over the years to seek multiple sources on any particular topic. You can never fully trust what you see or read.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Sadly, there isn't much hope. Even the "alternative" news and sites like ATS are controlled. I'll see the same "alternative" stories on ATS as I do on the other sites. The OWS propaganda has become unbearable, and I rarely participate on this site now because of it. OWS is being funded and directed by tptb to create yet more conflict. There always needs to be conflict. rich vs poor. black vs white. liberal vs conservative. religious vs atheists. Will the insanity ever end?

Good post btw. Don't mind the haters. Only small minds are attacking your grammar. YOU'RE worthy of a star and flag imo.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I've seen hunderds of such topics here on ATS. Sorry but you are all keyboard activists.
Stop masturbating and go to the streets now. Comrades already waiting there.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by raj9721

Why then , would those powers who control the markets and everything you mentioned in your post
why would they give us the tools to wake up , like the technology you used to make your post?

it seems as though its not all about what you mentioned , some people arent as bad as you make out
id say there are evil people who dont care , but there are far many more who do !

It's just that all of the power lies in the hands that dont care and they keep us down
or keep us thinking we cant do anything

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82
reply to post by raj9721

Why then , would those powers who control the markets and everything you mentioned in your post
why would they give us the tools to wake up , like the technology you used to make your post?

it seems as though its not all about what you mentioned , some people arent as bad as you make out
id say there are evil people who dont care , but there are far many more who do !

It's just that all of the power lies in the hands that dont care and they keep us down
or keep us thinking we cant do anything

The Internet was an accident. Besides, Internet itself doesn't make anyone wake up. It's people who make sites like this that and the forumers who post on them who cause others to wake up.

The power elite is evil, there is no good light that can be shed. No inner sanctum of nice guys. No, evil, purely.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by jewells
An excellent, well constructed post,

You nailed most of the issues I've woken up to slowly over the last few years.

Now that I have, I find myself in the position of being looked at as 'cuckoo' at times by peers for even considering such thoughts!
They still believe 'if its on tv, its real', if its advertised on tv or magazines, they'll dieee if they can't get it (Usually straight away, on credit!).
It really is a very isolating path to take ,especially where I live ( a small country town in outback Oz!!).
But once you awaken there is no going back.....
S&F

That is very true. Once you have realized the level of corruption your sensibilities will not allow you to be party to it any longer unless you are a shallow piece of crap like the politicians and business hounds.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
hmm. i think most people agree, but these are all just organized opinions. ats isnt for opinions or skitzo type tyrades, thats what makes us lose credability.

in short... sources?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
The only answer.

Personal responsibility. Every person in the world being responsible for their actions, and anyone else being able to do what they feel is needed in response to other peoples actions.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by raj9721
if you believe that your medicine is meant to heal you, your wrong, it is meant to prognose your illness not cure, how would a company that makes medication profit if everyone is healthy?
What's the whole point of this?

I'm almost afraid to ask, how does a drug make a prognosis or forecast?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Where have you been all my life?? You vision of how life hould be and can be is exactly the way I'd like to live. Alas, fear of leaving my adult children in a quandry with my estate bills keeps me in the system till I get squared away...

Grizzly Adams had it right!

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I agree that corruption is rampant and that financial gain is unquestionably the main purpose for most - if not all - in power.

One of the most valuable lessons I have ever learned in life was to question. Soon after learning this and practicing it, it was with true horror that I realized the majority of my "reality" consisted almost entirely of dogma and doctrines that I had accepted completely since I was a kid and it had never occurred to me to question any of it. I don't think I ever considered it could be questioned or challenged, it all simply WAS.

And that's when I realized the another very important fact - and one I still struggle with and probably always will - and that is being able to recognize something that I NEED to question instead of simply considering it a base fact of reality that my mind doesn't even identify it as something that I can challenge! I really hope I'm explaining properly because I feel it is important, it's just such an integral part of being that it's difficult (for me anyway) to put it into words that convey the meaning and importance of it all.

I think a lot of it is due to what we learn as kids - many of the base assumptions of the world and life and beyond are things that we have to learn early on to function, but this gets mixed up with other things that get internalized the same way, and then trying to pick them apart as an adult (or for the ones who are powerful thinkers that can do it much younger) can cause some stress and emotional trauma in some cases. Take religion for example. You question any of that and it's Satan trying to deceive you! It's a fantastically designed system with its own built in correction system. I now see that most religions were simply control systems designed by a ruling elite to control the populace. These people that came up with it were intelligent, I'll give them that. And after a couple generations, it's so persuasive that few can break out of the box because it's all they've known their entire lives, and they emphatically and genuinely believe they must convince their children and even other non-believer adults to believe the same way or they await eternal damnation. I'll admit even now I sometimes wonder in the back of my mind about this one. And for those who are deeply spiritual, please understand I am not ridiculing you or your beliefs, nor am I even discounting the possibility of their being a God - rather that I believe there is a distinct difference between the organized religions designed by manipulative rulers from what being may actually exist. I do know that if there is such a being, he/she/it does not intervene to prevent those deceptive humans who would masquerade as this higher power or profess to be legitimate agents thereof, so either this being allows the devout to be misled, or simply isn't focused on such and most probably is beyond any capability of our minds to comprehend at this stage in our development. And I know that statement is loaded - but it's just one observation of mine and not meant to offend anyone, and a good illustration of how it's nearly impossible to completely step out of concepts ingrained in your mind since childhood,

Anyway, before I get even further off track, I do wonder if The Powers That Be - the so called "Bad Guys" that would kill most of "Us" and secretly or not so secretly control the world and our destinies and whatnot - if hey realize their own apparent contradictory influence on the masses at large. What I mean is - presumably They consider themselves above the general masses of humans - more intelligent, refined, etc. BUT - they also actively deprive the masses of educations that match reality, keep intelligence down via fluoride in the water, poor nutrition, etc etc, limit employment and financial advances, etc etc etc that keep the majority of people in this so called inferior status - and then cite this inferiority as the reason they look down on these "lesser" people! How laughable is this? DO they not realize they are responsible in large part for creating the very "problems" they feel so compelled to destroy or "fix"?

I absolutely believe such "Bad Guys" exist. But I have to believe from the evidence around us that they are either not as powerful or in control as some would lead us to believe, or else there are other factions against them and their goals that are also quite powerful. Otherwise things like The Internet, mass communication between individuals (as opposed to just controlled news, etc) and so on wouldn't likely exist. In that, I think we can all take some possibility that there is indeed hope, and to never, never give up.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Where in your opinion does one begin to change society to fit a dream world where we all love and help one another instead of the opposite?

I was raised on a farm and was not involved in society too much because back then my area was still considered "country" and we lived off the land, grew crops and ate our own food. We lived simple and wore hand me downs and looked fantastic. We ate dinner every night at the table with family and talked of life's mysteries over dinner. It was nice compared to now. It has only been 25 years and our society has changed dramatically. What now? I feel as though I am stuck with no where to go and no one on my side who is willing to take the lesser life for a more fulfilling life. Ya know??

This guy is making a difference in his own, small way, for example -- he's growing fruit and vegetables on nearly barren soil and shares his garden with others. Visitors to his garden also get a free spiritual lesson. ;o) If you put your mind to it, you'll be able to find something to inspire others. I think that's what it's all about: living the way you feel is right and inspiring others -- not through lectures but through your own example -- to do the same.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Sorry, I didn't have time to read through the entire post, I'm at work. This just happened the other day and I was trying to find a way to post it and this seems like the perfect place to post it.

I was sitting down Sunday for dinner with my wife and 2 kids (6yrs and 4yrs.) and we had the football game on the TV. We were all talking and enjoying dinner, and then a car commercial came on and simultaneously we all turned and looked at the TV. It wasn't crazy music or loud or strange visuals but we all looked at the same time given the different ages we are, so I guess I'm saying I fully agree with what I've read above and I actually noticed as soon as the commercial was over we all turned around and took another bite of food.

I made a mental note and actually laughed when I noticed what we all did, I found it was actually sad and I usually have the TV off any time we eat, but I made an exception this time for football Sunday.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by raj9721

Very good and also very true,welcome to the high tech predator society.

Our spicies have proven that greed and power is the order of the day but even more we have proven that we not only can't change ,we have no desire to change.It will only get better,or worse,how ever you want to look at it as we as a spicies progress into the future.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Looks like the OP isn't going to answer my question.
Not a surprise.

What we have here are two things.
The Message, and the messanger.

The "message" is for the most part, Spot on.
The messenger, unless he/she is willing or able to answer my post is turning out to be less than honest.

While no one here is a garammatical genius, and I make my fair share of grammatical and spelling errors myself,
if you were to hold such a position at an ad agency, you would certainly need somewhat of a bare minimum education.

The OP has made mistakes that my 13 yr old wouldn't make.
The difference, as another poster pointed out, between your and you're being one of the most glaringly obvious.

If English isn't the native language of the op I can almost understand this.
However, since the op will not answer, I will assume he/she is a somewhat uneducated adult or a child who is either being dictated to by someone else, or has a very good unerstanding of how the advertising industry works but has their numbers WAAAAYYYYY off and lacks the necessary education to clearly relay those thoughts to others.

If I am wrong then I apologise.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Brilliant post. Couldn't help but be reminded of "They Live."

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechniXcality
So what is the answer!!!! # Im tired of this #, if communism doesn’t work! As we all know absolute power corrupts absolutely, and capitalism doesn’t work, for the very same reason! Than what, what is the answer people?

Share the work and gain without service to self being allowed? No special deals for any group. Same wage on all work no matter what you do. The golden age will come when we can work together without having to be first or right about everything. Think of the scientific progress if all researchers worked together on common goals. If manufacturies off for instance cars was sharing all technology/knowledge with each other. When an intrest group like oil cannot buy invenentions to make sure they don't see the daylight.

Namaste

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

So what is the answer!!!! # Im tired of this #, if communism doesn’t work! As we all know absolute power corrupts absolutely, and capitalism doesn’t work, for the very same reason! Than what, what is the answer people?

Bureaucracy! It appears that the wealthiest countries in the world swim in a sea of bureaucracy and project an image of freedom. Notice I said "project" so at the end of the day we have to do what we're told but we're paid well and we don't have to join a long line to buy bread and everything is managed through spending and approval.

I have to do what I'm told but I own a big house and a big car and if I want to go to another country for a visit it's ok.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by raj9721

I'll stand next to you on this one.

However, there are a couple of place that I know that it is possible to run away from all these "false Giants". You might say I'm crazy but I assure you, these places are very interesting and almost safe. You know them, they go by various names, one of them is the Zone of Silence. Another is the Center of the Earth, which is really true, and there are two openings, just follow North or South.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

i have to repeat because no one answered..

edit on 1-11-2011 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

Cooperation.

It requires mankind to shift their thoughts from what is good for themselves, to what is good for humanity. Once focussed on humanity, then will man prosper in freedom and peace.

Or as another said...

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power, then the world will know peace." - Jimi

With Love,

Your Brother

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join