wake up, i'm home

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by raj9721
i give in to the evil because everyone else gave in...
maybe that's the reason everyone else gave in...
if that's the case than there is no reason to give in...
so why do you give in???

Thats a very interesting point you make, I think the people on this site really underestimate the power of " group think". Which is a psychological term loosely meaning that an individual will adapt to what what the collective is does to fit in or stay in line with society, whether it's against the individuals on good or not. Chadwicks mentioned his displeasure of the Hipoctacy when people talk about negative things that goes on in the world and "some" people don't do anything about it. Well Group Think is the reason we behave like that, plus the addition of constant bombardment such as Raj speaks about in the OP. It takes a very strong minded human being to disassociate themselves from the so called "normal thinking", but it can be done.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
So what is the answer!!!! # Im tired of this #, if communism doesn’t work! As we all know absolute power corrupts absolutely, and capitalism doesn’t work, for the very same reason! Than what, what is the answer people?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechniXcality
So what is the answer!!!! # Im tired of this #, if communism doesn’t work! As we all know absolute power corrupts absolutely, and capitalism doesn’t work, for the very same reason! Than what, what is the answer people?

Well that's the trillion dollar question of the year! Any thoughts?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by raj9721

I must say, you have quite a vivid imagination, discovering these 'truths' at an age when most of us have already taken them for granted. Clue: there a knob/button on your TV/RADIO that is labeled ON/OFF. Turn it ccw sometime and see what happens.

POOF! In an instant all the evil powers are disbursed to the winds... all is well again...
edit on 31-10-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quetzalcoatl12

Well that's the trillion dollar question of the year! Any thoughts?

i dont know maybe something like this in the utopian dream, that sadly is absurd in reality

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
The problem seems to be the individual themselves, of course not every individual but there will always be those who want power and control. Thus the birth of corruption in high levels of all "isms".

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

The answer is we have to have some type of balance like we already have. The unfortunate thing is nobody knows the answer to an alternate path becuz everybody is afraid to try it for the reasons such as being outcasts being looked down upon or being lonely. But we have came this far in our technology and that will never change, we can never go backwards, becuz whoever does will always be at a disadvantage, the true answer to mankind being happy is probably the sensation of being in true love with a woman at least for men. Women on the other hand get altered at a young age from abuse and they grow up with evil in their heads, the world is a #ed up place but everybody is capable of finding some type of peace at least id like to believe its possible.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
i have to repeat because no one answered..

edit on 1-11-2011 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TechniXcality

No, I don't think what Marley sings about is absurd, the world we live in now is absurd and the belief in this absurdness makes the world we live in utter insanity .

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Naturally if anyone had any sense, they wouldn't believe in ads. But in the world we live in today, just about every person is uber ignorant. Lets just relish the fact that there are weaker out there than us.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

No, I don't think what Marley sings about is absurd, the world we live in now is absurd and the belief in this absurdness makes the world we live in utter insanity .

i agree with you, however changing the minds of the people. too always individually take up for personal responsibilty when wrong, and changing the minds of TPTB. You see people dont think this way, i wish they did

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Maybe the answer to your question is a great reset, or a catastrophe to bring humanity together. Maybe this is the reason we see so many doom and gloom threads on ATS. People want change so bad that they hope for some cataclysm to happen. Howerver let's say that a cataclysm does happen, will humanity learn their lesson from the past and change or will the insanity continue?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

i agree with you, however changing the minds of the people. too always individually take up for personal responsibilty when wrong, and changing the minds of TPTB. You see people dont think this way, i wish they did

No I disagree I think people do think this way, myself and you and some members of ATS aren't the only ones that are thinking something is f----ed up in the world. I think their are a hell of others out there that think the same, more than you and I think. The problem is the conditioning, the conditioning is the the tool they use to surpress the masses, if they did not have this tool they have no power. Power is nothing if people are equal.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by raj9721

if you think you can live a morally sound life in todays society, your wrong, todays society is controlled and manipulated by the industrial military technological complex through media/music, network television, .com's, .orgs, .nets, and even prints/books/magazines.

Morality is subjective. And choosing to abide your own set of morals be they instilled from birth or your own developed during your life's walks is not impossible or all that rare.

Not all of society is so lost. You have fallen for the very thing you are warning us about. The craziness and seeming ignorance of the masses is exactly what we are force fed every day. They want us to look at each other and judge and point fingers. . .

How is anyone stupid or lost or lacking morals or principles because they are living lives they feel powerless to leave?

Do you really think we all need you to tell us the world is falling apart around us?

How about an idea or thought on how to fix it, instead of pontificating from on high about how everyone is too stupid to see the issue or to amoral to care...
edit on 1-11-2011 by constantwonder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

There is no answer, its impossible to have a perfect solution unless you do like they did in the movie surrogates or gamer, or minority report i mean think about it. Either one person or people will be as the acting "god" with total control over humanity or it will continue to be impossible to control anything. Your question can only be answered with lies.
edit on 1-11-2011 by Unwrittenfate726 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by raj9721

Great post, thanks OP. Short and to the point, but you hit the nail on the head. It is really unbelievable how gullible MOST of us have become. Although I am much more aware of what is going on and what the media is shoving down our throats on a daily basis, I still catch myself slipping back into the stupidity of our society. I find it very difficult as well to talk to my friends/family about how twisted things are without getting the idea that they think I'm nuts - mind you I feel that I have gotten through to some of them and that counts for something. I think all we can do is try to make others aware around us, and keep spreading the truth. Things seem to be changing, and I really hope a BIG change is around the corner. It feels that way anyways.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
reply to post by raj9721

You can't buy any clothing from China that is cheap. Even in the poorer countries have their competitive wages. Call a company lately?

Yes you can. I lived there for a portion of my life some time ago. I bought cheap clothing with my own hands so I know this to be true.
edit on 1-11-2011 by Katerna because: Fixed qoutation box

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I know the words Million, Billion, and Trillion get thrown around alot these days and people are desensitized to them, but come on....

No Company is spending 1 Billion dollars on a TV Commercial that runs for only 6 months.

There are only a few Corporations in the world whose entire yearly Marketing budget exceeds 1 Billion and its spread accoss all mediums.

Generally speaking most corporations spend approximately 20% of revenues on Marketing.

Heres a link to Business Insider, which gives a list of the 12 Companies that spent the most on Advertising for the year 2010.

Of the 12 Corporations, only 4 even spent over a Billion dollars on TV Advertising and that number is for advertising for all of their products and services for the year.

www.businessinsider.com...-morgan-chase-spent-192-billion-on-ads-1

edit on 1-11-2011 by skull_bones because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
ive always thought that television is slightly hypnotizing people and ive always wondered if someones done a study on someones brainwaves while watching tv and someone that is being hypnotized. the only TV i find worth watching are documentaries, which btw are also full of inconsistencies but if u read enough history and recheck what they propose as facts u see just how much is left out. like i always thought the battle of midway was the turning point in the pacific war; atleast thats what the history books taught me in school yet if u read first hand accounts and books written right after the war by the soldiers that served in it, u learn that we got our butt kicked there and barely gave the japanese a scratch.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Wake up. What about amber alerts and cyclone warnings?

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join