It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRAN Demands Apology Over Accusations of Involvement in Terror Plot

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

Actually, there is evidence, and scalding evidence at that. There is a confession and a paper trail leading back to Iran. Murderers have been convicted on less.

Links or you're lying. There is no paper trail. It is foolish to even believe so.

Here is your Liberal source.
I wont even get into all the articles on right leaning news sites. I figured I had better pull one from CNN so I dont get the usual Conservative flaming.

BLITZER: And his most recent job, do we have any idea what he did, ostensibly, to make a living?

SYLVESTER: No, we don't. I mean it -- it looks like he might have, at some point, been involved in several businesses. He was tied to an auto business at one point. But it's unclear if he was a partner or an owner of that. But he -- it does come up on his files on his listings. So we're trying to track that down to see. But at this point, it looks like he might have been a businessman of some sort. But again, the problem is going back and following the paper trail, everybody is saying they've never heard of this guy.

BLITZER: All right, Lisa. I know you're working the paper trail and you're working your other sources. We'll check back with you. Our State Department correspondent, Jill Dougherty, is watching all of this unfold, as well. And we just heard from the secretary of State, making that statement -- a brief statement saying this -- this is a serious, serious matter, as far as U.S. attitude toward the Iranian government and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad are concerned.

Now how about an apology for your smarmy reply...

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

I appreciate the fact you at least put in the effort to provide a source. I must point out a couple things from it though.

It is a transcript of a discussion on "The Situation Room". The title of the discussion is:

"Iran Possibly Behind Assassination Attempt on Saudi Arabian Ambassador to U.S.; Iran Terror Plot Suspect in Court"

This is nothing more than the usual propaganda that the media uses to condition the people into believing what ever their handlers want.

I'm not trying to be difficult here, but could you please point out which part of your source indicates there is proof that Iran is involved? I mean concrete proof, not words like possibly or might. I want definite proof. What most people have come to realize is that there is no proof. All they have is this ridiculous speculation.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Well, the concrete proof would be the would-be assassins confession, along with the sting that was done by the FBI in mexico with this man. Try reading some of the transcripts from the wire taps. The existential proof is in the paper trail. As I said before, murderers have been convicted with less information.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Isn't "paper trail" just an useless phrase that is thrown around in our society?

I'm sure George Carlin would be annoyed by it if he were still alive.

P.S- CNN is not a liberal news source (in my opinion that is).

edit on 31-10-2011 by The Sword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerbyCityLights

Well, the concrete proof would be the would-be assassins confession, along with the sting that was done by the FBI in mexico with this man. Try reading some of the transcripts from the wire taps. The existential proof is in the paper trail. As I said before, murderers have been convicted with less information.

The assassin has plead his innocence so that "proof" is gone out the window.

Iranian assassination suspect pleads not guilty

The small amount of information that has been leaked to the public clearly indicates this sting operation was entrapment. The paper trail leads to nowhere other than the FBI. There is no paper trail to Iran.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by RP2SticksOfDynamite

The flag of al cia da is flying over tripoli thanks to the USA and the western govts arming them as they did in the afghan. A known terrorist group at war with the west is now backed by the west? Whilst freedom protestors are shot in the head in the states or tear gassed and beaten ect.
I would side with Iran on this issue. The peace prize winner should leave Iran alone. Not start another war...

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

The small amount of information that has been leaked to the public clearly indicates this sting operation was entrapment. The paper trail leads to nowhere other than the FBI. There is no paper trail to Iran.

He confessed

U.S. officials have said Arbabsiar has confessed to his role in the assassination plot.

You do not know how the legal system works, do you. If he would have admitted guilt in arraignment court, there would have been no trial, therefore no chance to get off. You have to plead not guilty to get your jury trial. The fact is, the man has confessed he did it to US authorities but he pleaded not guilty in arraignment court.

I have fulfilled my burden of proof every time you ask, and yet you continue to turn a blind eye to the details and facts I have presented to you while for the most part, all you have presented is speculation and opinion.

It is my opinion that the moon is made of cheese and I speculate that all the craters are actually holes in the cheese, therefore it MUST be Swiss Cheese!...To bad my opinion and speculation amount to two shakes of a gnats ass with no evidence to back up my mundane postulations.

So now, I ask you to do a bit of foot work. Show me where this paper trail (that you denied even existed before I PROVED it to you!) leads to the FBI.
edit on 31-10-2011 by DerbyCityLights because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Your link leads to a page that had a bunch of stories verifying my claim that he has plead innocent.

Here is another link just in case you don't trust me.

Not-Guilty Plea in Plot to Kill Saudi Ambassador to the U.S.

The Iranian-American man charged in a plot to kill the Saudi ambassador to the United States pleaded not guilty on Monday before a federal judge in Manhattan.

I'm not sure where you're getting your information from, but the U.S. government has not said:

"Arbabsiar has confessed to his role in the assassination plot."

You say you have provided proof, but you have not. Perhaps I am blind, but I still cannot find proof as to what you claim. Please provide me with a working link and maybe even quote the part of the link that I should read.

Thanks in advance.
edit on 31-10-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

I answered every thing you asked. Go back and read my post again. You can confess to a crime when apprehended and still plead not guilty in arraignment court. For someone who supposedly exposes corruption, you have a severe lack of understanding of how the legal system operates.

I also never said he didn't plead guilty. I did say he confessed. Two totally different legal formalities.

And still no proof from you that the paper trail that you didn't believe in but now all of thw sudden do, leads to the FBI. Kind of interesting how you worked that one too. Deny its existance, then when the existance is proven you try and crap on its credibility with more baseless opinion.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
LOL Iran "demands" an apology. So what?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I answered every thing you asked. Go back and read my post again. You can confess to a crime when apprehended and still plead not guilty in arraignment court. For someone who supposedly exposes corruption, you have a severe lack of understanding of how the legal system operates.

I also never said he didn't plead guilty. I did say he confessed. Two totally different legal formalities.

And still no proof from you that the paper trail that you didn't believe in but now all of thw sudden do, leads to the FBI. Kind of interesting how you worked that one too. Deny its existance, then when the existance is proven you try and crap on its credibility with more baseless opinion.

I will admit that I am very confused now. I have reread your posts. You have not properly answered my questions. You keep referring me to your posts. I then ask you to indicate a specific example of a post where you answer any of my questions. I am completely lost and will admit that perhaps some of my explanations were confusing as well.

As it stands I do not see anything you have provided to prove your claims, meanwhile I have provided various sources to support my argument.

To make it easier on both of us, how about we start over and both be a bit more specific about anything we may discuss. So I guess it's my turn. Please ask anything you would like me to clarify from our previous conversations on this thread because it is obvious we ended up on a different page somewhere.

It is pointless to debate back and forth if we are unclear on what exactly we are debating.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

He confessed

U.S. officials have said Arbabsiar has confessed to his role in the assassination plot.

You do not know how the legal system works, do you. If he would have admitted guilt in arraignment court, there would have been no trial, therefore no chance to get off. You have to plead not guilty to get your jury trial. The fact is, the man has confessed he did it to US authorities but he pleaded not guilty in arraignment court.

I have fulfilled my burden of proof every time you ask, and yet you continue to turn a blind eye to the details and facts I have presented to you while for the most part, all you have presented is speculation and opinion.

It is my opinion that the moon is made of cheese and I speculate that all the craters are actually holes in the cheese, therefore it MUST be Swiss Cheese!...To bad my opinion and speculation amount to two shakes of a gnats ass with no evidence to back up my mundane postulations.

So now, I ask you to do a bit of foot work. Show me where this paper trail (that you denied even existed before I PROVED it to you!) leads to the FBI.
edit on 31-10-2011 by DerbyCityLights because: (no reason given)

I fail to understand your logic. You tell me he confessed to do doing it, but provide a link clearly stating that he plead not guilty and did not confess. I have also provided multiple links proving my point. You have not shown me the paper trail you mentioned. If you have please remind me where because I can't find it.

Do you not see the insanity in this? Please forgive my confusion but this is getting out of hand.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

Preface

It is pretty interesting in ATS , that threads like this get to top. I just don't know what kind of people I am dealing with in ATS.I mean :

Body

I would say that much of what he has said in the past in regards to the actions of the US Government are not all that baseless.

Giving credit to Ahmadinejad - There isn't any fact given by the writer to back it up.

He's more or less the terrorist version of Ron Paul in many aspects I would say

Taking the given credit and making him cry - There isn't any fact given by the writer to back it up.

I truly hope that the US Gov(Or just Obama) takes this one more seiously than it has with Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, and the other countries we've stuck our noses in.

You mean that US should go into war with Iran ASAP.

They give Obama a Nobel Peace Prize?They might as well just take it back, and next year, give Ron Paul two of them, and then apologize.

They shouldn't have given Nobel Peace Prize to Obama nor Ron Paul for they are both warmongers and chaos makers.

conclusion

US would have gone into war long ago if Obama was sure about public support. I mean , ordinary people go to the fronts and Obama needs you to go into war with Iran
edit on 31/10/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
If you believe that some Iranian went to the MExicans to carry off a bombing like that on US soil you were born yesterday, I'm sorry to tell you.

Even if we accept that Iran might want to carry out such an attack, to suspend all reason and believe they'd have done so in such an amateur way is laughable. Iran aren't a rag-tag nation of imbeciles! No matter what claims you want to level against Iran, they aren't idiots.

They're very good at politics and would not offer America such an invitation for war.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Further more, why would the US prevent such an attack? Even that makes no sense. US have been frothing at the mouth to engage Iran for years, but we're expected to believe the US would prevent what would have basically been justification for war.

What do the US care about some Saudi nobody? America would have allowed such an attack, were such an attack real. They would not have prevented it. Nobody in Washington cares about the Saudi embassy, be reasonable

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

Iran aren't a rag-tag nation of imbeciles! No matter what claims you want to level against Iran, they aren't idiots.

They're very good at politics and would not offer America such an invitation for war.

I am so glad to see some one has traveled other side of the river and is informed.

Congratulations.

I haven't seen much people attempt to learn about other nations.

I have learned English language beside my own studies and I am coming at least one hour a day to this site to practice it and learn more about everything else.

I don't think that people here on ATS are doing it much. Maybe they are few.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Stand strong and know that just because a certain flag may fly on your border as an invasion...it does NOT speak for the majority but rather the 1% that we are all attempting to topple and will eventually prevail against.

I am feeling better about human beings as I read that.

There is always hope for human beings.

I always wish to be hopeful.

I will get your message to other Iranians as I can.

Regards.
hmdphantom.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by RP2SticksOfDynamite

Too many fingers and influence in anti west pies!

What has west been offering except war and hunger to the world ?

What has TPTB done for you or other nations ? Except some scientific development and moral destruction ?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by hmdphantom
reply to post by NadaCambia

Iran aren't a rag-tag nation of imbeciles! No matter what claims you want to level against Iran, they aren't idiots.

I am so glad to see some one has traveled other side of the river and is informed.

Congratulations.

I haven't seen much people attempt to learn about other nations.

I have learned English language beside my own studies and I am coming at least one hour a day to this site to practice it and learn more about everything else.

I don't think that people here on ATS are doing it much. Maybe they are few.

To be honest what I'm saying is pretty much the standard view in Britain. Even amongst right-wing media readers(the Daily Mail for example), what I'm saying is the common opinion.

People, left and right, are tired of the war and the lying politicians. Nobody believes anything any more. In Europe you will find many people who sympathise with Iran, even if we don't like the Mullahs or Ahmedinejad, people still are very much against any war or political buggery against Iran.

Even people who hate Iran just want nothing to do with the situation. There isn't any blood lust any more, everybody is tired and would rather governments focused on our own domestic problems.

Nobody believes the lying politicians and nobody wants to share a foreign policy with America

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia
If you believe that some Iranian went to the MExicans to carry off a bombing like that on US soil you were born yesterday, I'm sorry to tell you.

Why? Iran uses Iraqis and Lebanese to conduct operations in the Middle East. Why wouldn't they use Mexicans to conduct operations in North America? Is there something wrong with Mexicans? Are they too stupid, or too lazy, for this kind of work?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join