It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM is saying Gaddafi had syphoned billions of dollars out of Libya.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I heard from a freind who only follows Main Stream Media, that they were claiming that Gaddafi had Billions of dollars in overseas acounts.

This was the first i had heard of it, and i immediately thought, Propoganda, to make Gaddafi fit the dictator profile. Any thoughts?

What remains of Libyan leader Muammar al-Gaddafi's considerable wealth for the Transitional National Council to claim is unknown with some $60 billion unaccounted for around the world. Gaddafi and his family have an estimated $33 billion sitting in government coffers plus another $160 billion in foreign accounts, though vast sums have been frozen by governments since the bloody civil war began six months ago, Reuters reports.

It reports that some of his children had large private yachts, planes and property in cities such as Geneva, Vienna and London.

Source

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by WiseThinker

Everything I've read suggests his crime was not joining the gangsters who rule we "free" Americans.
It's taken me a few years to finally admit that once "my" government decides we need a new enemy they spew lies that the media parrots and "we" Americans believe.
I'm an oddity, I don't watch television...I love history and I love to read. I'd love to think that my country wasn't evil and corrupt...but I'm honest.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Libya's sin was rejecting the IMF. It was also what made them prosperous. The most prosperous African Nation. State Bank that made interest free loans to any new business. The most advanced Irrigation system in the world. The most educated nation in Africa. Women had equal rights and participated freely in their DEMOCRATIC system...not the Republic we have here. Hmm, if I remember correctly Libya had a 89% literacy rate.
That was until we bombed them back into the stone age and allowed muslim radicals to take over. Sleep well while these mercs rape and pillage.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Oh...education was FREE. Can't have that! Any Libyan could go anywhere and be educated. NO student loans...I bet that really pissed off the FED that enslaves the US...Imagine a people who dare to be free and not pay the slave tax?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by WiseThinker

At least he didn't print up a bunch of fake money then lend it to his people with high interest.

All leaders are crooked.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Western media wants to make these claims without addressing the billions and billions taken from the American taxpayer via no bid contracts and bedfellow deals?

We're getting robbed just the same as they allege Gadaffi did to the Libyans - but worse. The difference is we do not get free education, free health care, a home buying credit when we get married, a free car, etc. They can extract our money via a "tax" and hand it over to the war machine and we're supposed to condemn Gadaffi based on allegation only?

I've noticed the media and the government like to paint this horrible pictures of other countries as if it's supposed to make us forget about or minimize our own situation.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The Colonel was doing what he was ordered.

The money ended up out of Libya.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Perhaps all the citizens need to wake up everywhere.

This is happening in most countries.

The money never gets back to the local citizens.

The "Leaders" are not who we think they are.

top topics

join