It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here is your limitless power from waste heat .

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Sure the possibilities are endless , so why has it been kept at a small scale . Electric energy from waste heat , body heat conversion to charge your phone battery just among a few possibilities . Maybe your car can actually go further than they want us to , if it has been metered down to still have us rely on oil .

Was the fix in to keep it at a small scale ? You decide and let your imagination go for a spin on this .

www.nextreme.com...

www.youtube.com...#!

The You Tube reported is as dry as a popcorn *%&$ but none the less , it tripped a switch why it hasn't been made to be on a larger scale . I think we know why and some of the 1% would have some dry wallets if it was really advanced to it's full large scale potential .

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
This has some merit, but you have to completely reform the political system here in the US for any practical ideas to be adopted.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Power needs balance, nothing is ever gained nor lost.
I think there is this illusion that power could be free...we live in a balanced world...every time we do something to change our world, our world reacts and seeks balance.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Being self reliant rather than a slave to big business , that balance I can live with . Even body heat can be used in their process to a degree , pardon the pun .

There is an uneven balance right now in society .
edit on 31-10-2011 by watchdog8110 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Aye, I agree. Some of us are frugal, others can't conceive of balance.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
The problem here is one of efficiency... and the fact that in order to facilitate the transfer from heat to usable energy, you actually need to feed energy into the loop... which is kinda self-defeating.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by FrenchOsage

After the Revolution we both can offer our observations.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Awen24
The problem here is one of efficiency... and the fact that in order to facilitate the transfer from heat to usable energy, you actually need to feed energy into the loop... which is kinda self-defeating.

Tidal energy is so untapped , plus having worked near coal fired power plants the excess heat from those is nuts . The waste heat from smoke stacks is another untapped energy source . The waste heat from your furnace in the winter , where does that go ?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
That is one of those topics that no one ever discusses. I was not honest in my initial response. There are answers to these questions.
The challenge "this is not affordable" means nothing to people suffering from "modern" toxins.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Well, actually any powerplant that is not spinning a turbine with the residual heat needs to be shut down.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by FrenchOsage
That is one of those topics that no one ever discusses. I was not honest in my initial response. There are answers to these questions.
The challenge "this is not affordable" means nothing to people suffering from "modern" toxins.

I hear you , the current greed is quite intoxicating .

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I don't understand greed. I'd love to think most would agree with me and are just deceived.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by watchdog8110

I don't mean to focus on a dead topic, but "we" have known for many years how to make efficient use of coal...we don't always do it today...buy that is an economic decision. One made by politicians who profit from dirty and cheap power.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchdog8110

Originally posted by Awen24

Tidal energy is so untapped , plus having worked near coal fired power plants the excess heat from those is nuts . The waste heat from smoke stacks is another untapped energy source . The waste heat from your furnace in the winter , where does that go ?

I'm not saying it's not possible, I'm just saying that heat transfer is a pretty inefficient way of generating power. Now, if you're talking about tides and/or water flow, that HAS been done, and done well... and is a fantastic way of generating power. Hydro-Electricity has been done for years (notably in Australia & South Africa, and probably plenty of other places too) and has fantastic results. It's also at times been coupled with "Cloud Seeding" in order to ensure sufficient water flow to both generate electricity and to provide a fresh water supply to cities.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by FrenchOsage
This has some merit, but you have to completely reform the political system here in the US for any practical ideas to be adopted.

Actually, for waste heat to be useful, you'll have to completely reform the laws of thermodynamics in this universe.

The best things happen when energy is concentrated, and can travel from one place to another.
But waste heat is thinly spread and low concentration, with not much of an energy gradient to travel.

eg. A swimming pool full of water at 1 degree above ambient temperature has a lot of heat energy, but you'll NEVER be able to find a way to use it.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
The amount of air which is heated and blow through the ducting in your home from your furnace . All the ducting is hidden through empty and likely hollow walls and ceilings . All those ducts give off waste heat in a sense , although the actual heat flow is directed to a exhaust vent . Lined ducting with the thin film from the linked site is possible , whether it is cost effective to produce depends on the manufacturing of the film .

Other lining of larger scale exhaust stacks is feasible but still relies on the cost effectiveness of producing the film .

It can or is used in the auto industry already to a minimal degree as quoted here . www.nextreme.com...

I realize that it could become a massive industry but at the same time the loss of jobs in the oil reliant sectors would be crushed . What would a person rather have , less money coming out of their wages or more of their wages taxed to the hilt ? Making the rich richer at the cost of higher taxes on your pay check or lost jobs to cut your bills to a minimum . What do people really want at the end of the day ?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
There are already scaled down versions of water purification units being produced that can provide better water than some rural water companies pump out . That too is an industry that has fallen off the grid if it was ever on the grid in North America .

top topics

join