It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Compared To Churchill ? Don't make me laugh

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Churchill was a rascist I will admit that. He said it would be acceptable to gas 'uncivilized savages' (refering to Africans) and he also said that he would use gas on invading German troops, which would have provoked Germany to use them on British cities.

However, despite that, he was a great British PM who led the UK to victory in WW2.

Bush, on the other hand, is an idiot. An incoherent foolish Christian fundamentalist who for some reason thinks that God wanted him to invade Iraq. He is a the biggest threat to humanity's survival at the moment.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I noticed yesterday that many newspapers were running headlines quoting RNC speakers as saying 'Bush's will has not wavered.' Fair enough. Did anyone take into consideration the fact that his will does not match that of the American people? Or, if you want to say that it does, did anyone take into consideration that the PRIMARY REASON Americans share Bush's will is that he WILLINGLY DECEIVED US to achieve that?

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Bush is a great fool bordering on evil. It's really reached that level of malfesances to where you have to stop questioning the lack of integrity & start gauging the blackness of his soul. I refuse to think anyone so stupid that they're completely blind to being a tool. He must have caught on by now, and thus, is willfully complicit, no?

They only thing they have in common? An illegal war of aggression against Iraq under false pretenses and a love of booze.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Comparing Bush to Churchill?

LMFAO!

This is staggeringly sad BS for the utterly ignorant or those blinkered fools who' ll suck up sad BS without a moments thought.

Don't be so stupid.

Think about it.

Is anybody really likening the 'threat' Bush says he faces to the threat Churchill and the world faced with Hitler and nazism in control of Germany and then much of the european continent!?

IMHO this is actually deeply insulting and is taking the piss out of those times and the brave men and women who stood up to violent expansionist fascism.

Churchill had his (gross) faults but Bush compared is no comparison, he is a political pygmy and a military dwarf compared to Winston.

Anyone seriously attempting to compare Bush to Churchill would conclude that there is actually no comparison at all and to keep very quiet with such obvious (to anyone with any true balance and ability to judge) ridiculous absurd garbage.

[edit on 1-9-2004 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I agree Sminkey, glad to see you back.

If I was going to compare Bush to anyone it would be Churchills arch Nemesis, none other than Hitler himself! The guy started out the same way, as a hero for the people in troubled times, but then quickly got more and more aggressive,riding on a Patriotic tidal wave, bringing about what we now know as WW2

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corinthas
As an Irishman all I can say about Churchill is that the man was a bigot ! You should hear the things he said about ireland! We might as well have been black the fat $#!T he was!

You really ought to read a little history. It was Churchill who, after meeting an becoming good friends with Michael Collins, lead the British in giving you guys independence in the first place. He personally risked his life to face the loyalist mob to fight your cause.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corinthas
He probable never even saw mud during his lifetime but is practically credited with winning the war siglehandedly!

As well as the Sudan campaign, he fought in India and the Boar war. When he left his role as First Lord of the Admiralty after the failure of the Dardanelles plan in 1916, he went straight back into the Army.. into the trenches, where he fought for the remaining years of the war.

By comparison that's the equivalent of Donald Rumsfeld resigning his position in the Defense Department, picking up a gun, and going off to fight the Rebels in Najaf.

[edit on 4/9/04 by muppet]

[edit on 4/9/04 by muppet]

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Oh my. Well chalk up another one for W.

Just saw a snippet of a comment Bush made today at a campaign stop. I was going to try and paraphrase it, but didn't want to butcher it up. I'll wait for someone else to post the exact quote. Let's say it involved doctors losing their jobs, and how it's especially bad for OB-GYNs due to their "love of women." Goodness. And yes, I didn't remember the entire quote, but the love of women part is taken word-for-word. Way to go, W!

Edit: His exact quote: "...too many ob-gyns aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country."

[edit on 7-9-2004 by W_HAMILTON]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join