It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Tea Partyer/Still a Right Leaning Libertarian: Voting Obama in 2012

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Obama BWAAAHahahahahah!

LOLCatz are gonna get ya!

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31
Former Tea Partyer/Still a Right Leaning Libertarian: Voting Obama in 2012
After suffering at the hands of Democrats for six years, I have decided to vote for Barack Hussein Obama in 2012. Even though I despise everything the man stands for, I am voting him into office in the next election. Obama may have done long-term damage to our nation, but the hatred he brings out in others is good for the country. As a right-leaning libertarian voter, I have never had my passions driven to the brink. I voted for Clinton, Bush, Bush, and McCain. Now, I am voting for Barack Hussein Obama. Out of all the candidates running in 2012, I would rather stick with the devil I know. Once Obama destroys what is left of our nation, the structure of our society will be ready for a new era. My thoughts have moved beyond 2012 and 2016. In order to win the future back, sometimes you have to destroy everything you love. After Obama's two terms of societal hell, I see something very different and new on the horizon. Even though many people are fearing the future, I see something unimaginable waiting for us.

Be ready my fellow Americans, for the new Renascence will arrive soon.

edit on 10/30/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

And regarding Libertarians...aren't they the ones fighting to get your fourth and first amendment rights back? Aren't they the people protecting your right to privacy? Aren't they fighting all by themselves the National ID Card which has already begun experimental use in FL. You NEED libertarians to be the watch dog for rights you don't even know you had in the first place. If it weren't for LIBERTARIANS, working like hawks guarding your Constitutional Protections all these years you would already be living in a fascist communist state.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by Section31

You make it sound as if the government is harming your health
Seriously, Obamacare is nothing but a slightly modified version of Romneycare. And last I checked it's working pretty well in Massachusetts.

Actually, you have been misinformed. As someone who lives in Massachusetts, I can tell you for a fact that its failing. Gov. Deval Patrick just took steps to ration healthcare.

Link: Mass. healthcare reform is failing us

Link: 5 painful health-care lessons from Massachusetts

Lesson 1: The Massachusetts plan does not control costs.
When Massachusetts launched its reform program in 2006, it already had the highest medical costs in the nation. Today, the burden is still rising far faster than wages or inflation, from those already lofty levels. A report from that state attorney general in March -- remember, this is a Democratic administration -- asked rhetorically "Can we expect the existing health-care market in Massachusetts to successfully contain health-care costs?" The report concluded, "To date, the answer is an unequivocal 'no.'"

Lesson 2: Community rating, guaranteed issue and mandated benefits swell costs.
How did costs in Massachusetts get so big to begin with? A major reason is the adoption of guaranteed issue and community rating in the mid-1990s. The new federal bill would expand those rules to the entire nation. Under guaranteed issue, insurers must accept all enrollees regardless of their medical condition; under community rating, they must charge all customers similar premiums, even if their costs are far different. The result is that prices rise steeply for young, healthy customers, who must pay far more than their actual costs. It also give them a strong incentive to drop insurance; then they can "game the system" by signing up any time they need surgery or get diabetes.

Lesson 5: The generous plans and added mandates give employers an incentive to drop health insurance.
In charting the future of health-care costs, the biggest danger by far is that companies will drop their coverage. It's also the one that's the most difficult to handicap, both for Massachusetts and the entire nation. The problem is simple: If employers stop paying for health care, employees will flood into the government-subsidized programs, enormously raising the cost to already fragile budgets.

Link: Massachusetts' health plan is failing

Link: Massachusetts' Health Reform Program

Link: RomneyCare Massachusetts Health Care Failing

Link: Massachusetts Receives Failing Mark on Public Health Report Card

Why do you think we were protesting against a national system?

We are trying to get rid of the one we have.

You were sold on a lie.

edit on 10/31/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

The one caused by the Tea Party and the morons they elected, via active;y striving for this very result? When one political party is actively trying to destroy the nation's economy because the president is of hte other party, you can't blame the president when the country gets a credit downgrade.

Actually the reason S&P downgraded US debt to AA+ was because we did NOT cut enough. S&P said many times that they absolutely required a $4 trillion cut over a 10 year period. They specifically said not $1 trillion, not $2 trillion but $4 trillion. They required this to help stabilize the U.S. government debt-to-GDP ratio. The Tea party's goals (I do not associate with Tea Party however because they have been hijacked) were to cut US spending to stabilize the U.S. government debt-to-GDP ratio.

"I think we have it a little more than that, but $4 trillion would be a good down payment," -John Chambers, the chairman of S&P's sovereign ratings committee [1]

"The deal that passed Congress on Tuesday would bring $2.1 trillion to $2.4 trillion in cuts over that time. (10 years)"[2]
The newly elected Tea Party politicians were pushing to cut way more than just $2.1-2.4 trillion.

So in conclusion, no the Tea Party politicians actually would have prevented the downgrade if what they wanted would have been passed. They did not cause it, their opposition did.

[1] www.reuters.com...
[2] finance.yahoo.com...
edit on 31-10-2011 by Sovereign777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-10-2011 by Sovereign777 because: fixed spacing error in the quote

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Enjoy the blood on your soul.for endorsing murder, torture, aggressive wars and nazi behavior... plus the whole ruining the nation thing.

Same if you voted GOP btw.. nothing but participating in violence exporting insanity.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results".. Albert Einstein (like voting GOP/DNC and expecting change)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by GovtFlu

Enjoy the blood on your soul.for endorsing murder, torture, aggressive wars... plus the whole ruining the nation thing.

Same if you voted GOP btw.. nothing but participating in violence exporting insanity.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results".. Albert Einstein (like voting GOP/DNC and expecting change)

Do you know what I used to listen to?
Link: "Testament" - Return to Serenity
Link: "Anthrax" - Only
Link: "Metallica" - Welcome Home Sanitarium
Link: "Megadeth" - Peace Sells
Link: "Megadeth" - In My Darkest Hour
I'm the poster child for insanity.

When I go dark, the world goes dark.

Why do you think I use the monarch 'Deadman's Advocate' under my name? Lol...

edit on 11/4/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join