It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Local shop has banned its staff from wearing poppy`s , surely this is against the law .

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

Its about culture why should any establishment deny a worker ,pupil ,customer what and when to wear something a poppy is all about respect we can not let people to dictate when we choose to Remember the lost and falling ones .
So if u thinks its hypocritical then that`s your choice and your freedom of speech which you would never have had under the german occupation of the entire Europe if it had not been for the sacrifice of the men / woman who helped and dyed in ww1 and ww 2

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
yes it was wrong of them to do this because of what others/mussies may think,, but its just political correctness/psychological warfare.

if people were really bothered about the sacrifices the troops made protecting our rights and civil liberties,, then why would we give them up so easily because a few people got killed in a 'terrorist' attack,, its madness!!!

do you think it was just a coincidence that ww1 finished on 11/11/eighteen?? and now each year we put all this thought and Energy into remembering all the war and suffering,, all thought and all action is creative Energy,, look at the world we've created so far with the present mentality!!!

so, poundland may have done something beneficial, just without intending to, whilst trying to add to the divisions in society.. strange ol world,, but i Love it

you may find this interesting- wecreatethelove.ning.com...

namaste
edit on 30/10/11 by WHOS READY because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ToneDeaf

Such a nice idea ! might get one myself ta .

11/11/11 will be a massive day poppy or no poppy the awaking is upon us the harvest is near

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
What we need to remember is that war kills.

And its our sons and daughters that are the pawns,
in wars that capitalists create.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
What makes people think it's Muslims behind this? Plenty of Muslims in my local town are selling and wearing poppies.

This is done by a shop that's control mad. Nothing to do with Muslims forcing anyone to do anything. The idea that British Muslims hate poppies is complete fantasy. The vast majority of Muslims in England are Pakistani and most have relations who fought for India in WW2 alongside the allies.

The same thing happened with the whole halal uproar with KFC etc. KFC made a business decision to sell halal meat so they weren't losing out on the custom of Muslims, and the DM nutters spin it as some sort of Muslim campaign to force KFC into selling x,y or z.

Stop reading the DM. This was the decision of Poundland and Poundland only.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

This was in no way a thread to bash muslims i have many friends of all cultures ,so to say i was trying to bash muslims if u read the thread u would have seen i mentioned muslims beeing told to shave when its against their belief .
honestly please explain ?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Damn it, I'm a Vet and when I see someone wearing a poppy I take the time to thank them for remembering ! You don't know what it means to us to see you all with poppies on !

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia
What makes people think it's Muslims behind this? Plenty of Muslims in my local town are selling and wearing poppies.

This is done by a shop that's control mad. Nothing to do with Muslims forcing anyone to do anything. The idea that British Muslims hate poppies is complete fantasy. The vast majority of Muslims in England are Pakistani and most have relations who fought for India in WW2 alongside the allies.

The same thing happened with the whole halal uproar with KFC etc. KFC made a business decision to sell halal meat so they weren't losing out on the custom of Muslims, and the DM nutters spin it as some sort of Muslim campaign to force KFC into selling x,y or z.

Stop reading the DM. This was the decision of Poundland and Poundland only.

I know Muslims personally that wear the Poppy proudly !

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by shambles84
reply to post by Evolutionsend

you are seriously missing the point and are uninformed , its well with in your rights to wear anything with in reason and hygiene laws a mean its only pound land ! so a catholic can not wear a cross to work or a mason cant wear his ring or a Muslim must shave ? you for real ?

The post made perfect sense to me, if you are not the owner of a business then you follow the rules that you are contracted to follow, if you don't like the rules then leave. Pretty simple really.

As a business owner, I do not my employees making political or religious statements, that will cause rifts amongst themselves or the costumers. A business created to produce income for the employees and the owner(s), not to make a statement.
Where what you want on your time, but if you are "on the clock" you will abide by the uniform guidelines you singed in the employment contract, or you will be looking for a new job.
edit on 31-10-2011 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-10-2011 by mileysubet because: Damn iPhone auto correct

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

This was in no way a thread to bash muslims i have many friends of all cultures ,so to say i was trying to bash muslims if u read the thread u would have seen i mentioned muslims beeing told to shave when its against their belief .

My post wasn't directed at you, but some of the members in the thread who've made reference to the Moslems

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

My post wasn't directed at you, but some of the members in the thread who've made reference to the Moslems

whats muslims got to do with it ! my point is everyone should have their beliefs respected

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

whats muslims got to do with it ! my point is everyone should have their beliefs respected

Were you roundhouse kicked in the head at birth or something mate? I'm not even talking to you. How hard is it to understand? A few people in the thread mentioned Muslims, I responded by stating Muslims have nothing to do with it. You aren't part of the conversation, go stand in the corner

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Were you roundhouse kicked in the head at birth or something mate? I'm not even talking to you. How hard is it to understand? A few people in the thread mentioned Muslims, I responded by stating Muslims have nothing to do with it. You aren't part of the conversation, go stand in the corner

ye well least you spelled muslim right this time and not moslem hehe .you should go and take a cold shower and chill ! don`t talk down to me you ignorant kunt and as for more me standing in the corner id rather stand there than with you . The whole point of the thread is about the choice to have freedom of belief not about musilms/americas/brits/ozzies/ we should respect one another and by the i find they way you added to the thread was much helpfull cheers

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
First time ever hearing poppies used for anything other than opium, which I whole heartedly support and enjoy. But the since the poppy has multiple meanings I guess one could wear one in tribute of the opium market as well as in remembrance.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by shambles84

Could you please tell me where you got told that the reason they banned the poppy was due to sectarinism or religious reasons please. I have went through the company statements and cant find any of the stores saying this?
thanks

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Pazcat....seriously...i cant believe you said that.. what has celtic fans got to do with this?? your all bringing personal beliefs/relgions into it, wearing a poppy has nothing to do with what religion you are! just by saying what you did made you a bigot !! a poppy is a national thing not a religious thing not a belief or moral thing.... Companies can decide what they want out of their employees...if you are not happy to abide by your contract and rules of that employer then leave..its as simple as that...

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by shambles84

It isn't against the law, we have no say over private companies and their policies. That is the problem with capitalism, private ownership of the means of production, we have NO say.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

So how would you as a business owner feel if your consumers stopped purchasing your products/services due to you taking that stance? would seem a pretty bad business move to me..

A similar poor policy choice (tho not poppy related) was taken around here and business lost 90% of it's earnings during the 133 day boycott.. which in turn forced this national company to backtrack on their flawed policy, and in the end split the corporate in 2.

If a company took a similar route here with the poppy, they would be on the receiving end of similar treatment.
edit on 31/10/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Somehow I don't feel surprised... Another proud tradition of Britain being wiped out by PC BS

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Shambles your comment was,

Id would imagine there will be some kinda of back lash towards this shop for instance if a catholic or jew or a 9/11 remembrance person at work was told to remove whatever way they chose to respect the event would it be well with in their rights to do so .that shop that is ? .

my question to you is....are you saying wearing a poppy is a protestant thing? or some other religion? i'm a catholic and i wear a poppy , this has NOTHING to do with religion or if you are Celtic fan as another member has wrote, its personal choice but if your company does not want personal choice at the workplace then you have to recognise this and either accept it or leave the company and find one that does....

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join