It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Local shop has banned its staff from wearing poppy`s , surely this is against the law .

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Plenty of Celtic fans plus players have died in the great wars do some research and get informed .
And why on earth would the boss of the shop take offence to wearing poppies ,
I do not work there by the way and i am telling the truth you proved it in your post "Poundland have reversed their decision"

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Originally posted by Destinyone
u2u me with your shop name and location. I will send them an email telling them I read on facebook they are NOT patriotic. I will also tell them if what I read on FB is really their policy, I will do everything I can to get a movement going to boycott their place of business, including writing to their local media outlets.

I will keep you, and how I really heard of this travesty out of anything I do.

Excellent, I like your spirit - I might write a complaint letter myself and will also contact the media. I need confirmation that this story is true though (no offence OP). If it is true, it's disgraceful.

I too am trying to confirm the story via u2u with the OP. I did receive a u2u from the OP. but no specific store location. Am still waiting reply.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Seems like I'm more informed than you.
Why drag Body Shop into your web of lies?
Why repeatedly post the same rubbish over the internet, your OP is all over facebook. Like I said poundland had reversed the decision, rant invalid.
If you had done your research you would know the reason, it took me 30 seconds.
edit on 30-10-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
Why repeatedly post the smae rubbish over the internet, your OP is all over facebook. Like I said poundland had reversed the decision, rant invalid.
If you had doe your research you would know the reason, it took me 30 seconds.

I've attempted to get a "specific" store location from the OP, no luck yet....was told to google Poundland in Scotland.

I did, there are many such stores...no reply yet to my request for the store, I thought he was working in. hmmmmmmmm
edit on 30-10-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

ETA: based on your second u2u to me, I will not be taking the action I stated in my first post. BTW, your original post is slightly misleading. It does make it sound like you work there. Just sayin'...

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
For people that dont know the significance of the poppy.

The poppy of wartime remembrance is Papaver rhoeas, the red-flowered corn poppy. This poppy is a common weed in Europe and is found in many locations, including Flanders, the setting of the famous poem "In Flanders Fields," by the Canadian surgeon and soldier John McCrae. In the United States,[3][4] Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand artificial poppies (plastic in Canada, paper in the US[citation needed], UK, Australia and New Zealand) are worn to commemorate those who died in war. This form of commemoration is associated with Veterans' Day in the United States and with Remembrance Day in Canada, both of which fall on November 11. In Canada, poppies are often worn from the beginning of November until the 11th. In New Zealand and Australia, the soldiers are commemorated on ANZAC day, April 25 [5] although the poppy is still commonly worn around Remembrance Day.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

www.sundaymercury.net...

Reason: Fear of offending other communities. A valid reason, not a great one but one nevertheless.

Don't get me wrong, I think such a ban is stupid and would never deny a person that right.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Why repeatedly post the same rubbish over the internet, your OP is all over facebook. Like I said poundland had reversed the decision, rant invalid.
If you had done your research you would know the reason, it took me 30 seconds.

I had thought that banning the wearing of poppies was illegal, so I googled it. I could only find a couple of instances where this has come up in Canada, and the public raised such a ruckus that the people were allowed to wear the poppies, unless in food prep where no accessories at all are allowed.

It seems the publics' opinion helped over there too
Good that they reversed their decision.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

www.sundaymercury.net...

Reason: Fear of offending other communities. A valid reason, not a great one but one nevertheless.

Don't get me wrong, I think such a ban is stupid and would never deny a person that right.

Read my "edited" post above yours to the OP. TY....

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

So.... web of lies eh ? i tell me when a was lying and i will say ye a got it wrong but i think the fact you brought up Celtic just tells me your bias posts thanks for your contribution !

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

HANG YOUR HEAD IN SHAME POUNDLAND, SENDING STAFF HOME FOR WEARING A POPPY!!! IF IT WASN'T FOR THE MEN AND WOMEN OUT THERE AND THE MEN AND WOMEN LOST, YOU WOULDN'T BE SITTING IN YOUR POXY SHOP. BODYSHOP HAVE ALSO BANNED STAFF FROM WEARING POPPY'S,........SET THIS AS YOUR STATUS IF YOU SUPPORT OUR TROOPS.....POPPYS ARE NOT SECTARIAN FLOWERS .....WEAR YOUR POPPY WITH PRIDE !!!!!!!!!!

This is something i wanna share with you guys on ATS so can anyone fill me in on why they would do such a thing ???
aye was born on 11/11 so i have always remembered to appreciate the lives lost on both side of the conflict ! .

What ever the political view you share ,these soldiers were sent to there deaths and always should be remembered for the sacrifice and horrors they had do endure .

Id would imagine there will be some kinda of back lash towards this shop for instance if a catholic or jew or a 9/11 remembrance person at work was told to remove whatever way they chose to respect the event would it be well with in their rights to do so .that shop that is ? .

ETA even my title of the thread does not imply that i woked there My Local shop has banned its staff from wearing poppy`s , surely this is against the law .

Can you tell me where abouts in my OP i said i woked there ? thanks
nemaste
edit on 30-10-2011 by shambles84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
The store in the daily mail is the one i was talking about in my op. Its an army town with the armys hq for NI no more than 2 miles away....retarted manager tried to make the poppy a political issue because the town now has a high nationionalist population aswell as unionists population and ended up causing a **** storm.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by shambles84

BODYSHOP HAVE ALSO BANNED STAFF FROM WEARING POPPY'S,

Lies.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

well we dont have have a bodyshop in my town but i did copy and past is from my gf fb so i am sorry for npt editing that bit out am sorry to have cause any offence to body shop as the OP was really meant for poundland .
Nemaste

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I were a poppy in remembrance ever year for all those that have died in wars...and I would not let anyone tell me not to wear it..

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by shambles84

If this is were you work or you know were this is please message me the details of the place... Post the details up in the right place and the management will get more than a few phone calls of displeasure.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
They do this at Wal-mart too, atleast the one that I used to work at.

Said it was a safety issue, I quit shortly after because of their stupid rules and well its walmart shouldn't need more of a reason than that.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

so is your avatar of gaddafi a lie tooo or is that just light hearted joke ? double standards or what

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Hypocrites at work...

Let me get this straight...a private business owner does not want something but you want it...so you want to dictate what this owner can or cannot do..by boycotting?

I thought this site was all about freedom of choice and how all attempts at being told what to do should be ignored since you are a free people?

The above only matters when it is you not another...I guess...

Also...does it offend you...I thought a lot of posters on this site were tired of the PC B.S.

Just another reason to complain it seems like...get over it.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

My impression was that business owners are making this "choice" because they are "being told what to do" by a Muslim group. That would be nice to ignore, but there is some justifiable fear involved. My complaint would be against a group using fear to tell others what to do. I would then (I hope) stand against it.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
~

I'll be wearing the white poppy in remembrance
of children and families that have been destroyed by war.

www.ppu.org.uk...
edit on 30/10/11 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join