It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for information on NACSI

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Hi

I want to do some reseach on a group called NATO Advisory Committee on Special Intelligence but I have found out its quite hard to find any reference to this group.

A google search reveal not especially much, a 2007 outdated page from Nato

old nato page but removed.

most links are for acrynome pages that abriviate it to NACSI.

reference in a books as official military groups, reference in book "Secret of signals intelligence during the cold war" and "out of darkness - light a history of canadian military intelligence".

GENERAL DEL AIRE, D. JOSÉ JIMÉNEZ RUIZ spanish Chief of Staff of the Air Force is a former member

Official presentation of Gen Ruiz

Anyone know anything about this group? Where I can go to find it. Nato page gives me 0 about it, something that is quite weird as they have a million different groups, yet this one does not exist there.

I know from my own life that it exist and that nothing that was spilled to the public.

This is of personal interest for me, but I am a bit afraid of what something this hidden do.
I know that family members where under constant observation, with "perks" and disadvantages.

I guess I have to post it here since this is my first post, but I am not going to make a bigger introduction. Hopefully someone here have more information then me about this or at least have heard about it before.

If not, then that is an answer in itself and I will have to think abit more how much I want to research this myself.

edit on 30-10-2011 by jumbosize because: fixed fail links

edit on 30-10-2011 by jumbosize because: fail title > extra DIV

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Well, you have me interested and I see what you mean about the search results.

Will you be able to elaborate a little on you and/or family members experiences?

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Here is an interesting PDF I found while looking around from Nato.int
ISR - NIIA document

This other link does indeed list NACSI as being real. Perhaps the reason we don't know anything about it is because 'signals intelligence' is typically a well-guarded field of information.

I'm having trouble finding much else. And I admit what I did find was extremely limited.

It's real though, the source is the official NATO website, nato.int.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Your thread title is a letter wrong and you got one of the words wrong in your OP as well.

The NATO source website has this:

NATO Advisory Committee on Signal Intelligence (NACSI)

This clarification should aid you on tracking down more information about this faster. Good luck, and post whatever you find so the rest of us can look over it.

edit on 30-10-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I know no specifics at all. nothing has ever been talked about, children were not allowed at work, work titles that tells you nothing with high Nato military grade distinctions.
Workplace was in Brussell.

I am sorry for being very vague but Im not really sure how much I should say when there is such lack of info about this.

I know it has existed for decades, but cannot confirm either way if it exist now.

thanks for the interest

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jumbosize

You can see the old NATO page on archive.org. It does not appear to be the NACSI, or have a special intelligence function. The Skaarup book makes it sound like NACSI's just another standardization committee.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Hi,

Thanks for the note on title failure.
There is only a few things I am 100% sure of; It is NACSI for NATO Advisory Committee on Special Intelligence.

The links was just what google showed me.

I will post what I find, if anything, but I am as much asking around here for info if anyone do know about it or something similar.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jumbosize

I know it has existed for decades, but cannot confirm either way if it exist now.

I believe that it's existence is confirmed by the NATO documents provided, although I admit we have virtually no information on how they operate or about their organization.

For obvious reasons of course, it's 'signals' intelligence, a very important aspect to international espionage.

There is extensive discussion about this and related topics around ATS, do a few searches on the key terms. Every few months a good sigint thread pops up. There are quite a few to browse through.

Here is the Wiki on Signals Intelligence

Signals intelligence (often contracted to SIGINT) is intelligence-gathering by interception of signals, whether between people ("communications intelligence"—COMINT), whether involving electronic signals not directly used in communication ("electronic intelligence"—ELINT), or combinations of the two. As sensitive information is often encrypted, signals intelligence often involves the use of cryptanalysis. Also, traffic analysis—the study of who is signaling whom and in what quantity—can often produce valuable information, even when the messages themselves cannot be decrypted.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jumbosize
reply to post by muzzleflash

There is only a few things I am 100% sure of; It is NACSI for NATO Advisory Committee on Special Intelligence.

Hmm, if you are certain that it's "special" instead of "signal" than I would have to propose a theory to rectify this contradiction.

There are some instances where a agency will use the same letters as other more popular agencies in order to hide themselves better, for example there could indeed be two NACSI's within NATO, one of them being ultra-secret while the other is more of a decoy in comparison.

This has happened before so it wouldn't surprise me.

But I admit there is a higher probability that you are just getting the word wrong due to something simple like mishearing it or something.

But in the case you are correct, there would have to be two separate NACSI groups.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The reason I am so sure is because of the plaque he has for his work. He has never mentioned the name or anything, but I took a quick pic of it a while back.

I will not share it, so naturally it is of no evidence value, but it is just what got me looking in the first place.

new topics

top topics

join