It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Egyptian Tattoo

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Hey ATS,

I'm having a large back piece tattoo designed for me by a tattoo artist.
We've got the rough design down, but I need some more things to add to it.
I've been interested in Ancient Egypt since I was very young, so this is the theme I've decided to go with - The ATS Forums have a lot of experts, so I thought this would be the best place to come for advice.

The general design so far:
Anubis standing in front of a pyramid, surrounded by Papyrus motifs. Atop the pyramid is the all seeing eye (I may replace the generic eye design with the eye of Osiris/Horus) Also, disregard the spirals etc at the top, this is just filling in space for now.

So ATS - What do you think I can add to the design?
I want to have something written across the top of my shoulder blades also, but I need some ideas!
I'm also a believer of the Ancient Alien Theory, so things relating to that might be cool to have.
I'd like to have some Hieroglyphics in there somewhere too.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jsncrs

i think you should add the snake head instead

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Cool, I would change the eye to the Eye Of Horus

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Looks like a modern Australian's tattoo to me!

Nothing wrong with that though, it's cool looking.
I like it personally.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Why not replace the spirals with a side view of the Sphinx. Other than that I think it looks great and the top of that staff reminds me of the metal piece found originally in the star shaft.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Go with the naked woman instead of the naked man. It's a tattoo....that's what they dooo...

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jsncrs

When I saw the title to this thread, I thought a discovery had been made on an ancient mummy's booty or some place else!

I don't know, have you looked at pictures inside tombs? I love the star studded ceilings. Maybe you can get some ideas by looking at the real ancient artwork.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Just need's "I love my Mum" in it ....or an anchor

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Id go with souls of the dead rising behind the pyramid into the afterlife and have the balance scale with a feather on it somewhere.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
imageshack.us...

edit on 31-10-2011 by CodyOutlaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
lose the american dollar illuminati pyramid... too much blood has been spilled in it's name.. the eye of Horus is a much more positive symbol.. nice work so far tho :-)

ED: maybe replace it with an eye of Horus that is also a flying saucer emitting downward beams of light in the shape of a pyramid
edit on 31-10-2011 by Funk bunyip because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jsncrs

Change the Masonry eye to the Eye of Horus. Keep in mind, Cairo means Mars, not Saturn!

www.bing.com...

You need some scarabs and cobra's, Egyptian falcon or wings with sun or Ra symbol.

Have a look at some of the most famous Papyrus painting for more ideas. Have a look at Amun-Re.

Why Anubis, God of the Underworld? Why not Horus or Osirus?

chopper-tattoo.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I have 7 references to egypt tatted on. I say keep it simple when it comes to egyptian symbols. I have a scarab, 2 ankhs, a pyramid, the eye of horus, the comb, and hieroglyphs referencing the power of ra.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
If it ain't got a unicorn and a double rainbow it sucks. Sorry, but I can't sugar coat that one.

Second line: Swayzaur.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by blamethegreys

Dude....please tell me you are joking.You seriously didnt ink that on to your bod??

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by fotsyfots

LOL, this must be the most naive post ever.

You DO realize that there are entire websites dedicated to tattoo's? Memebase has one called "Ugly Tattoo's" (it maybe be Failblog that has it....same folks).

Stay thirsty, my friend.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Because Anubis is the most beautiful, in every way.
He made the right choice.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by fotsyfots

LOL, this must be the most naive post ever.

You DO realize that there are entire websites dedicated to tattoo's? Memebase has one called "Ugly Tattoo's" (it maybe be Failblog that has it....same folks).

Stay thirsty, my friend.

What ? I asked the previous poster if they had inked that IMO horrid tatt on to their bod.Memebase,Failblog,stay thirsty?Who are you talkin' to....better still what the funk are you sayin'?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by CodyOutlaw

and that was.....................?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Outta curiosity what does a modern Australian tatt look like, what part of that pic? lol

top topics

<<   2 >>

join