It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why we have Daylight Savings Time (General History and Fun Facts)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Daylight Savings Time is actually more complicated than I previously thought.

"Yo dawg we heard you like timezones so we put timezones in your timezones."
edit on 10/30/2011 by drew1749 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Here in Saskatchewan, we have one time and only one time. We never change anything here but our underwear and those aren't even changed until they look like cafe curtains.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
daylight savings time is stupid. i prefer to have an extra hour of sunshine in the late afternoon/early evening when i'm awake, than having it pitch black at 4:30 p.m.

as it is now, you have sunlight at 6:00 - 7:00 am. when most people are still sleeping, inside having breakfast or stuck in morning rush hour gridlock.

i heard it's for the farmers. but a) farmers work at home. b) aren't doing much farming when it's -50 outside.

add this to another list of conspiracy's by the new world order to depress the population by having no sunlight in the winter because you're inside working and when you get out to go home you're stuck in a car, pitch black at 5:00 pm.

instead of having a few hours of light to go to a park, take your kid sled riding or do some outside house chores.

edit on 30-10-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
you may have daylight saving where yuou are for a particualr purpose but we are traditionaly told we have to have daylight saving because of economies of trade with the eastern states.

In my state we have voted against daylight saving 4 times in referrundums. The last time a trail was held wether we wanted it or not. The interesting thing is that there was a discussion program about on TV in which they spoke to experts who had studied the economic effects of daylight saving in various parts of the world where it had been instituated and in all cases the single most significient finding was that householders spent more money, one way or another.

so daylight saving has nothing to do with the environment or anything else, its about money and nothing else.

top topics

join