It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunpoint Arrest of Cop Going 120 MPH in Cop Car

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
That made my day so much i can't stop smiling.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by amazed

Very good point. She did'nt know who was in the car which leads to the fact had she known it was a cop would she have pursued to begin with.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
Ok, there must be something in the air.
This is the second time in a week I have seen a police officer I would actually save if I saw them drowning.
If this keeps up, I may have to change my stance on cop hating.

Of course you should.

Of course you realize your biased by all the bad things you see about cops. The ones we are drawn to and focus on are the bad apples of the bunch who get caught on video doing things they shouldnt be doing. It isnt very interesting watching videos of cops rescuing cats from trees and donating time for community service work, is it?

edit on 31-10-2011 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by kennylee
The only thing I see wrong with this story is they only cited him with a misdemeanor. If it would have been you or me, we would have had 1st degree Wanton Endangerment charges against us which is a Felony, plus numerous other charges, along with our driver's license revoked.

Its good that he got pulled over, but this clearly shows that the police can do things and get a slap on the wrist where we would go to prison...

star for this ost!
In FL, 15mph over the limit is reckless endangerment/reckless driving.
Felony with possible jail time, and as far as I know arrest is still mandatory.
Cops still give cops a pass to break the law.
Disgusting dislay of cops in action helping each other be better criminals.
They are above the laws we petty civilians must follow, right?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

he didn't even get a slap on the wrist!

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Great Fight!
He thought he was smooth

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Why was that only a misdemeanor? Shouldn't that be a felony?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by drew1749

Good for the trooper. Professional courtesy between cops should only go so far. This wasn't 5 over through a speed trap. That fool was endangering people's lives at those speeds and for what? A second job? I wonder if his department was aware he was moonlighting. I seem to recall hearing somewhere that police departments are kinda touchy about that sort of thing and giving approval.

Regardless...He could have killed someone and apparently does it frequently by what she said at the end. I'm glad this video made it out to the public. Shame them on top of the inter-agency laughing stock I am sure this guy has now become.

In Little Rock, AR cops moonlight all the time, they get paid twice what they make being a cop. I've seen many a cop living in a home that is easily what in my state can be cited as a 200-300k dollar home and probably a 400k-500k dollar home in other states.

It's rare to see a cop front another one out, in my state they have the "good 'ol boy" system where they watch eachothers backs and cover eachothers asses anytime somoene does something illegal. They hide behind their badges big time in my state an what would normally get you or me 6 months in jail for they don't get so much as a raised eyebrow. Cops here are so corrupt they will take your weed and smoke it in front of you and then put you in handcuffs and throw you in the back of their cruiser for a trip downtown.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Wow a cop doing the right thing. This proves not all cops are evil like most believe in ATS.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flow101
Wow a cop doing the right thing. This proves not all cops are evil like most believe in ATS.

I find it hard to believe that MOST members on ATS think ALL cops are bad.

I have never gotten the impression that most think all cops are bad....though many do not care for what some cops do..
I have a feeling there are many cops who don't care for what some cops do as well..

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Whaaaat?

Above the law-piggy doesn't like it when they slap the bracelets on him?

Who would've thought?

I've always much preferred encounters with State Troopers over City Cops....

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Actually 90% of the FHP (Florida Highway Patrol) are like this... I've never lived in a state like this, where the State Troopers are actually "for the people". A lot of the county cops are slightly "big headed", but the FHP Troopers are always courteous and professional (in all my dealings with them, and no I'm not a criminal, lol). I've only met one, who was a transfer from Alabama, who thought he was God... all the rest have been some of the nicest folks I've met. Surely there's others out there who've had bad experiences with them, but in my (and my friends) dealings with them, it's almost always been positive... sure you get a ticket if you deserve it and don't warrant a warning, but that's part of their job.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Best cop chase video ever lol.

Dude got his arse handed to him hahahahah cheers for sharing

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
FHP can be really big dicks.
But I see shenanigans all the time in Miami.
Going through lights. speeding.
The list goes on.

One guy that was a federal cop got a ticket once from the FHP. He called them Florida Ticket Police.
lol.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
I have a feeling there are many cops who don't care for what some cops do as well..

Then why don't they do something about it?
I mean it IS their job right?
You realize Cops knowing about other cops breaking the law, and not doing something about it, constitutes conspiracy/accomplice to a crime and makes them guilty as well?

It wouldn't be tolerated if it were you or I.
Why do you give them a pass?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackrain17
Why was that only a misdemeanor? Shouldn't that be a felony?

In my state anything that fast is reckless endangerment and yes it carries a felony charge. He got off extremely light, sadly.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by drew1749
Good to see this finally happening. Cops aren't above the law. Listen to him all smug. He thought he'd get away with it too.

It happens all the time.

People would rather believe that cops are evil.

Its stick.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
This may have been said already (long thread), and people may not want to hear it, but this seems staged to me.
What LEO pulls over another LEO in his cruiser and draws a gun on them, ESPECIALLY for just speeding? Why the drawing of the weapon?????? It doesn't make sense. Plus the Miami officer's reaction is a bit suspect TBH.

You may say, "well, she might have thought it was somebody who'd stolen a police cruiser", but you hear her say that they do it all the time.

We had that one obviously staged cop/pedestrian video just a short while back where the driver was yelling at the officer pulling him over and the officer went pouting back to his cruiser.

Be careful about believing this, they may be staging these videos and putting them on YT for a reason.

Peace

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

I answered that earlier. She used the gun and the yelling because she knew that he was armed, and knew that he was obviously having some trouble distinguishing right from wrong. What would you do if you knew an armed and trained occupant was in the car? I'd pull the gun and demand that the hands be out of the window.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

I'm not saying you're not right, just to be careful. Yes, it could've been the real deal, just sayin'.

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join