It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Blink" Phenomenon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Has anyone else either heard of or experienced this?

Now, allegedly, it's what one viewer calls the "blink" phenomenon. We ran one note from a businessman in Vancouver who claimed -- along with his family -- that the day suddenly turned to night recently, for no discernible reason. It was well before sunset, and there was not a cloud or plane or any other occlusion in the sky. We now hear the same intriguing and alleged phenomenon from elsewhere, including -- Missouri.

"Last Saturday in St. Louis, a family was sitting in their home, broad daylight, and the exact same thing happened to them as to the folks mentioned in your mailbag article," wrote a viewer named Jeff Ottle. "All of a sudden two to three seconds of total darkness, no light at all inside or out. If you wish to have more details, please let me know. It was posted on a very reputable private forum that I belong to."

The full story can be found at www.spiritdaily.org...

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Is there something going on in Missouri?

"Here in Missouri we have been experiencing the most unusual weather I have ever seen," writes Jean Gabbert of Moberly. "Last night [8/11] got so cool I had to close the windows. The lows have been in the mid-50s, the day- time highs have ranged from the upper- 60's to the mid-70's. The Missouri State Fair starts today and there is green grass, there is only one other time that I can remember that happening. That was about 10-12 years ago. The temperatures have been like this for weeks. I haven't used my air conditioner more than three or four times. Needless to say, this is the most unusual weather I have ever seen."

Oh dear god no! Not the Green grass and the closing of windows! Not the weather! IT must be a sign from God! Alleluyah and praise the lord. Amen! rofl.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
darage
I'm not too concerned with the religious aspect of this. What I asked was if anyone had either heard of or experienced the phenomenon that was described. Do you have any info or are you just bored?
CS

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   

All of a sudden two to three seconds of total darkness, no light at all inside or out...

humm.... i get this too. it's so weird. mostly i'll be sitting out on the poarch enjoying myself and ill blink and everything's gone black. i have to blink a few more times untill i begin to see again. sometimes this happens when im in public walking and i usually get hurt. it's strange though because your eyes are open but you cant see. i asked people and they have no idea what it is. I live in jersey, so it cant be just the Missouri concept getting at it. Besides, it's not like it happens to just me, it happens to other people too at the same time. Once when it happened at school both my friend and i were walking down the stairs and we both stopped on the ledge 1/2 way down, and wehn we both could see again we stopped and just blinked and continue walking. it's too random to predict when it happens, but i have no idea what it is. maybe the government mass population controll system restarts every now or then, or the darn martix has a glitch

_df

Odd

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
That wacky Martix... you never know what it's gonna do.

But seriously folks... I've had this happen before; additionally, when I was younger, I was occasionally struck by this and another strange phenomenon wherein my stomach muscles would cramp up horribly, doubling me over in pain and blindness.

The doctors had no idea what was going on, and I'm in perfectly good health now; it just happened sometimes.

Personally, I always blamed Larry King.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I haven't experienced the dark of night in the day, but i have had a period of time slow down when i was a kid. I was running and slipped but when i fell i flipped and Time kind of went the way of the slow motion sequenses in the matrix. After i got up and dusted myself off i stood there for a moment trying to figure out just how that could happen.I can still picture it to this day in my mind verbatim, and i have not had it happen since.

I think for some reason time Slips or skips and it is up to the individual to decide how they are to percieve this.
P

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 04:30 AM
link   
sometimes when i blink i don't see black but on occasion i see an image or a series of images.. it's like watching a tv for a split second.. never been able to make it last longer but sometimes i can figure out exactly what image i just saw..

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
what kindof images were they???

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
WOW! I ~blink~ sometimes to!

When I blink...my sight doesnt go all black....it goes sorta reddish brown, and my eyes rewater themselves AUTOMATICLY! ! ! ! !
Its AMAZING this bLINKING phenomina!
Praise all the universall powers!!!!
Praise my magic blinking eyes!

[edit on 3-9-2004 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   
whoa.. you have a special gift there theRiverGoddess, remember to use your eye rewatering power for good and not evil.. with you on your side nothing bad will ever happen..

/me sighs

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freemantis
sometimes when i blink i don't see black but on occasion i see an image or a series of images.. it's like watching a tv for a split second.. never been able to make it last longer but sometimes i can figure out exactly what image i just saw..

im curious to know what kind of images u saw. this whole phenomenon is really kinda intreging and eerie at the same time.

i must look further into it!

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I'm curious to all of this, as well. I am a true believer that there is much more in this world than we know.

I'm also curious as to where you got your picture, Josh Man. I have seen that somewhere before.

BTW, the name is Dennis, and I'm new to this place.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
To be honest, I've never really heard of it. I'm sure it's just all in your mind. I really don't mean to be closed-minded, though.

-Chris

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Never heard of it and your link doesn't work .. please see if you can find more on it I would love to read about this.

*Zerinity*

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   
wow very interesting to see missouri mentioned somewhere. I live in Columbia, Missouri and I havn't witnessed anything like a blink but the weather is changing on and off alot kinda weird.

new topics

top topics

join