It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steve Jobs' Last Words: "Oh, wow! Oh, wow! Oh, wow!"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I'll take that! Tis better than an empty abyss of no more nothing!
RIP Steve...

spec

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by Logarock

Very interesting, please share your experience if you feel like it, if not I understand and respect your decision.

Well I will tell you this much. There was someone talking to me. I said "what about my wife and child?" and they said "What, you dont think your people will take care of your wife and child?" then I said "well lets go then". At that point there was some sort of reversal. Best way to describe it.....like being in the deep end of the swimming pool and the closer you get to the surface the noise around the pool get louder, the sensation of pressure changing untill you finaly burst through the water into the air into the full flood of sound and sensation.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Very interesting. I think my grandpa is about to pass. Hopefully he gets some angel treatment.. Personally I find it quite hard to find emotion over death. I'm scared of death of course, but I'm optomistic about it. Which is kind of hard, I think my family wonder why I don't get emotional about deaths in the family, but it's hard to explain to them that I think it's for the best, especially when old people pass on. I've never really heard of, or looked into "last words" - but this thread has aroused my interest. Cheers!

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Its said that GMT is excreted out of the brain when, Born, and before death. This i am excited to experience.
As a thought, the GMT could be to "ease" the person into the next realm so to speak. thoughts?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loki
reply to post by Logarock

3 Someones in my case. Overdose. The story of the man talking with 3 angels that would tell him things he couldn't repeat to anyone....resonated with me in a profound way.

A friend of mine had a journal writting by his dying father in law. The friend got possession of it after the mans death. The friend became disturbed over a certain area of the journal and asked me to look at that page.

The man had been having a great deal of concern over his childrens final destination. He had been fighting death with the plea that he needed to stay on earth to try and set two of his children back on the right road to life. In his journal he makes an entry that "Paul" had come to him and fully explianed to him just why two of his children would never find eternal life and that he would never see them again. He wrote "I understand now and have peace with it".

How a man that cared so much could find peace with this knowledge can only be explained by some profound encounter the man had just in the last few days of his life. He apparently let go at that point and died within a few days after hard fighting.

The son in law wanted me to read it becouse he was married to one of this man daughters....one that wasnt going to make it...and wanted to know what I thought about it. As you can imagine this info upset him a great deal. I simply said that if his father in law was really talking to Paul then there was good reason to believe it. Even though he was by no means a religious man said yes he belived the man had been talking to Paul. But was confused as to how this information could be known before a persons end.....that is how was the determination made that this young person was already marked as having no chance. I said that this is information that only someone from the other side would know.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I was about to post this, but then people on ATS are always quick

Yes, this is definitely fascinating. Could Steve have seen a vision from the beyond? May be he was given a sight while being alive/conscious in his final seconds? I discussed this with my friend and he jokingly remarked that may be a passed-on scientist or inventor came to receive him into the after-life, which may have prompted Jobs to go "OH WOW".

Who really knows eh?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Very interesting thread. You should google Sam Kinison's final words which seem similar to Steve's. Bless them both.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I think he just got a great idea for iPhone 6 but couldn't write it down in time.

IRM

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ga-`tv-gi

I keep looking at your avatar and laughing

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

The different between an optimist and a pessimist is that hte optimist imagines heaven or angels or something really good and the pessimist images drugs or delusion or near death confusion.

I think the scientific view on this is pessimistic. It's very bitter with a hint of sweetness. The reality is Steve Jobs died. Whether or not his final moments were good, his soul perished forever. Anything else we tell ourselves is simply on faith and not rationale. In fact, it's delusional.

His sister, in the linked article, said his philosophy was “Fashion is what seems beautiful now but looks ugly later; art can be ugly at first but it becomes beautiful later.”

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

edit on 31-10-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I worked in an ER for a decade long ago, Ive seen and heard enough to convince me that there is more to the "afterlife" than a chemical reaction by a dying body. After all of that I was later in life present for my grandfathers passing a few years ago. He was a marine in Korea and weeks before his death he started dwelling on being fit enough for forgiveness by the God be believed in and his worthiness for being admitted into heaven. I was his favorite and was asked to be there with him.. plus I was an RN.. so it was decided Id be the one but he and my childish cousins. I sat with him and gave him his last dose of morphine with the phne close for the hospice nurse. My grandmother was asleep in the bed with him. I was on the side of the bed on the floor laying down. I heard him speaking and asked him to repeat himself and he said " Leave mom sleeping. The angels" and died. I heard the typical last breath rattle which is a frightful sound and it was over. I saw nothing, felt nothing, and didnt wake grandma as he asked.
Now, I had given him enough morphine to knock him out. I know this.. on my life I did. He awoke to greet whatever was coming for him.

I have never felt death was a beautiful thing having seen it close up in its many forms, but I will tell you this: some deaths come easier than others. Not due to trauma or whatever, but something the person is experiencing themselves that may be based on simple belief or reality. Some die well, others.. not so much.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

One of my relatives had a very painful and long death. Screaming agony. But I can't think of anything she did in her life to deserve that. So my conclusion is that there's no connection. People who like to make these loose connections are cherry picking for their own benefit. How so? Well, they're too afraid to accept death in its most basic form. So they must deny it.

It's sad to think that death is the end. This universe doesn't care for us. But in a weird way, it might be that death is pleasurable. Who knows? Maybe emotions or thoughts stream through our mind that don't normally. The physical manifestation that can be terrifying for others to witness, might be painful at first, but what happens after that? I don't think we know for sure. Perhaps in their final moments, after their heart stops, somehow, someway, the mind manages to think a couple beautiful thoughts before succumbing to lack of oxygen. Keep in mind, the blood still has oxygen even after the heart stops. For a few minutes, the brain can actually survive on it. But if the body remains in that state for more than several minutes, permanent damage occurs and recovery is not possible. A pleasurable death: it the best we can hope for.

Think of the hundreds of millions or billions that have died since the beginning. I bet most of them were babies since infant death was more common back then. All of our ancestors did this. So when we participate in this ceremony or process, it's anything but surprising or unexpected. It's the most normal thing we can do. Shouldn't that be comforting?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by JDmOKI

What was his message for the preacher?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
Correct me if I'm wrong but people usually go, oh wow, when they suddenly realize that something they thought they understood is mistaken. Like, "Oh Wow, I didn't know that."

What did he see? We'll never know. One thing's for sure...
Something came to collect him.Could have been good or bad.

We all will know one day.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
low blood oxygen prior to death = hallucinations...

Morphine = hallucinogenic...

nice try people...
edit on 11/10/31 by Magnum007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
reply to post by Advantage

One of my relatives had a very painful and long death. Screaming agony. But I can't think of anything she did in her life to deserve that. So my conclusion is that there's no connection.

It's sad to think that death is the end. This universe doesn't care for us. But in a weird way, it might be that death is pleasurable. Who knows? Maybe emotions or thoughts stream through our mind that don't normally do. That's the best we can hope for. Can't stop death.

I hear you, Ive seen rough deaths. Some Xtians believe that we do all deserve a hard death.. wages of sin, total depravity, not deserving of mercy from a sovereign God... or simply difficult transformation.. take your pick of explanations what some seemingly innocent die hard deaths and others "Oh WOW" their deaths away. I can imagine death is a relief rather than pleasurable in certain circumstances. I also have never considered that the "universe" cares for us or has any capacity to do so. WHen you hear people beg you to kill them, yeah.. death is no longer a "beautiful thing". When you lie to innocent children who are dying ... death loses its intrigue and becomes a horrible necessity for us all and chips a chunk off of those who's business is human suffering and death. Trust me, the coroner, undertaker, and funeral home have the easy job. That stupid idea always annoys me.. that death is beautiful. Im just saying from personal experience.. death is as varied and individual as the individuals that die. I just have heard/seen a few things that honestly have convinced me that there just may be more. Im hoping there is more personally. I definitely want to believe there is more. For such wondrous creatures that we are, I cant imagine death being all there is.
Me? I fully intend on dying in my sleep..

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I think on my death bed im gonna put multiple Cameras, heat sensor and electromagnetic reader and all the other crap, including attaching nodes to my brain to see the activity of my brain, blood and other functions. record whatever im seeing or feeling.

But i personally believe your brain releases chemical to ease you into death, which in fact gives you the hallucinations.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Kriltosthe2nd

Don't you mean '___' as in Dimethyltryptamine?

OP, Very interesting choice of last words. I always theorize that there are other dimensions.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I can't help but wonder if Steve Jobs sister misheard what he said and allowed her mind to fill in the pieces to suit her need for comfort...

I can easily see Jobs laying there dying, in tremendous pain, short of breath (his official cause of death was respiratory arrest)...and his final words are a slow and muffled "Ouch, ouch, ouch".

The above may not be the case, but I figured I would throw it out there.
edit on 31-10-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
I think on my death bed im gonna put multiple Cameras, heat sensor and electromagnetic reader and all the other crap, including attaching nodes to my brain to see the activity of my brain, blood and other functions. record whatever im seeing or feeling.

But i personally believe your brain releases chemical to ease you into death, which in fact gives you the hallucinations.

It could be evolutionary too. If people suffer hallucinations while dying and sometimes manage an "Oh wow!" or sometimes come back and tell their stories then it might be that this somehow bolsters the confidence of the people who're alive. It could be that this gives people stronger purpose and less fear of death. Remember, we're all carriers of DNA. DNA is what survives. It doesn't care about us anymore than we care about the trillions of cells in our body. If hallucinations during death benefit DNA's ability to survive, sooner or later, it'll use it.

Sorry if I sound too pessimistic or cold hearted. But I refuse to take the easy way out. Faith is not trustworthy. Until I have evidence, not a "Oh wow!" or a story, but something substantial and repeatable and peer-reviewed, I'll just assume that death is a bleak fact of life that somehow feeds into the continued survival of DNA or is, in fact, a byproduct of our universe.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join