Steve Jobs' Last Words: "Oh, wow! Oh, wow! Oh, wow!"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

You are exactly correct. Even those of us who are Christian struggle with the human nature that fears the unknown. As a Christian, we are confident we will go to Heaven, but even the best descriptions in the Bible are very difficult to comprehend.

Certainly, there are many here on ATS who do not share my belief in Heaven, but that is something you really don't want to be wrong about. Assuming Heaven is as real as I believe, the non-believers are to be denied entrance. It's OK to disagree with me, but is it really worth the risk?

We may never know what Steve Jobs was experiencing, but the one certainty is that we will all someday have our own.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I died once. Electrocuted. Theres someone there.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by samstone11

All our young lives we are told that we may have a way to haven through a good life and our believes on a God with religion.

That is fine, our logical brains come into place and makes us doubt because we are expose to other believes and ideas in our lives.

I have my share of the weird and unexplained, yes I can say is some thing out there, waiting for us to make our transition to death better and easier, but if our preconceived minds have an idea of what death may bring or not we may die fearing what actually we should not.

that is why some find peace at the end no matter how bad they were in human life, while others even when they were righteous fear the last moments.

Like i say I fear death just like anybody else, even when I know that the death of the flesh is unavoidable and should be expected.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Very interesting, please share your experience if you feel like it, if not I understand and respect your decision.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Maybe he was saying "OH! OW! OH! OW!"

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I remember reading this article a while back regarding scientists somewhat on the fence about NDEs, the brain may die but the mind, or as it is also referred to "the soul" may in fact continue on after death, at least that is what the study mentioned below is showing.

Here is an excerpt, but I highly recommend skeptics and believers alike to give it a read. If the subject interests you at all, this article is a rather interesting read.

For decades near-death experiences like Jeanette’s have been written off as delusions by scientists. They are dismissed as no more than the last twitches of a dying brain. Modern science has no place for mysticism and the paranormal. But now a group of British researchers are challenging the scientific establishment by launching a major study into near-death experiences. They hope to settle once and for all the question of whether there truly is life after death.

“We now have the technology and scientific knowledge to begin exploring the ultimate question,” says Dr Sam Parnia, leader of the research team at London’s Hammersmith Hospital. “To be honest, I started off as a sceptic but having weighed up all the evidence I now think that there is something going on.

I found this part to be quite interesting:

As soon as a patient slips into a cardiac arrest, Dr Parnia’s team will swing into action. The first priority will be to get the patient’s heart beating again. Equipment used during the resuscitation will have symbols placed on top of it in such a way that they can only be seen from above. Other symbols will be placed around the patient’s body.

Surviving patients will then be gently quizzed about their experiences when they regain consciousness. Those that claim to have left their bodies will be questioned in more detail to see if they can identify the symbols.

Dr Parnia has designed the experiments to be bullet-proof. He is only too keenly aware that critics will tear his work apart if he leaves even the slightest doubt about the rigour of his team’s efforts. It will also destroy his career as a scientist. Even the exact experimental details are shrouded in secrecy.

Full Article: Near-death experiences are real and we have the proof, say scientists

...and here is a 2008 ATS thread on the same article: Near-death experiences are real and we have the proof, say scientists

I remember watching something about this study and there were people that named the symbols that we're placed in full detail but for the life of me can't remember what show it was. Either way, for me, there is more evidence that there is something after this rather than just the "on/off switch" belief.
edit on 10/30/2011 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
My mother just recently passed after a long struggle with cancer and she was in and out of a coma during the final days. According to her nurse, who was changing her IV at night, my mom suddenly woke up and said something like "I can see them. They're waiting for me, just over there." The nurse asked her if she wanted someone to sit with her and my mom said "No, I'll be fine." She then went back into a coma and stayed that way for a day until she just slipped away.

I have a feeling that she was talking about family who had previously passed. She was Navajo and Catholic and really believed she would see her family in heaven. I found it so spooky when I heard it from the nurse. Still makes me cry.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong but people usually go, oh wow, when they suddenly realize that something they thought they understood is mistaken. Like, "Oh Wow, I didn't know that."

What did he see? We'll never know. One thing's for sure...
Something came to collect him.Could have been good or bad.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I would certainly like to know what he saw...it's fascinating to speculate on the nature of existence after the last synapse fires and the spark leaves your mortal coil.

I would like to think that all people could choose their escape route to the netherworld, however little evidence exists to prove or disprove it's reality. Maybe Jobs saw the summation of his achievements on Earth, maybe, karma was about to show him the cosmic wheel of fortune. God, it would be good to know!

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Source is here from his sister. The reason I placed this thread here in Paranormal Studies is because it sounds to me like he saw something just prior to passing. He had been looking at his family, but at the time he said this he was looking past them. I suspect he was seeing the other side, such that it is. Unfortunately he didn't elaborate, and that's certainly not much to go on, but still, it's not unlike others' statements before they go.

Is this enough to ponder, or it just a 'nothing to see here; move along' kind of moment?
edit on 10/30/2011 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

The only time I would ever say "Oh Wow" is if something opened my eyes for the first time.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Thanks for that story,

Although unbearably sad, it was heart-warming.

I wish we paid more attention to kids, because they speak the truth, until we teach them to lie.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
While I'm not a fan of his products/vision/influence on the tech world, I was sad to see he had died. Nice to think that whatever he saw was a glimpse at a pleasant afterlife.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

For someone who doesn't care about him, you took the time to post that you don't care about him.

True, millions of people die everyday and they don't get a passing glance from the general public.

I'm inclined to believe that there's more to powerful figures like Jobs than they let on. We can learn something from what they did, such as how not to make the same mistakes that they made.

The irony is that Jobs ran a corporation that I'm sure sourced components from third world countries with horrible working conditions and millions of people in poverty/dying every day.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I'll always remember the movie 'Signs' where the main actors wife is jammed between a tree and the car that had hit her while she was walking.

Supposedly when you die your brain fires electrical signals that trigger past memories, and you vocalise some of these memories.

He probably saw last financial years profits.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
My father's death many years ago made me curious about NDEs. He was a truly good man, a minister, who devoted most of his adult life to helping troubled kids that everyone else had written off.

One Sunday afternoon, he drove to the hardware store and purchased a branch trimmer, with the intent of doing some much needed pruning of the trees in the front lawn. My mom watched from the window as he snipped the first few branches. Suddenly, he dropped to his knees and fell back on the grass. He had suffered a heart attack.

Here's the interesting part: when my mother ran out to the lawn, screaming his name, she found him barely conscious, his arms outstretched upward as if he was embracing or beckoning someone, with a HUGE smile on his face. He stayed that way for a while. In fact, when the paramedics arrived 30 minutes later (it was a long drive, and they got lost) they had to force his arms down to get him on the gurney and in the ambulance. He was still smiling when they laid him to rest. I saw his final, joyful expression with my own eyes.

None of us will really know whether an NDE is a person facing the afterlife or simply a rush of endorphins until we experience it and what comes after. Either theory is plausible. But hey, if I can go like that, with a big smile, reaching up to embrace someone or something with pure joy, then whatever it turns out to be, I say, "Bring it!"

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   

I was waiting for "Bill Gates sucks" Text

I think he knew Gates sucked, and that gave him more reason to create.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I almost didn't post.

My eyes were not quite open yet and I thought the headline read:

'Steve Job's Last Words: 'Oh ow! Oh ow! Oh ow!

I was thoroughly disgusted until I opened my other eye and read it right.

Beyond that? I've no doubt there's a 'better place' after we die. I was sure I saw it (felt it) once during a life threatening situation. Being a Christian I had no doubt before - but it sure was cool to have it confirmed.

Yeah - 'OH WOW' says it all!

peace

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
The Jobs quote also reminds me of St. Thomas Aquinas' words not long before his death, "...all that I have written seems like straw to me." He must have had an "oh wow" moment, too.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Silo, I like your response...but honestly I find most here to be morbid. I did not know the man, and indeed I know little about him. Why is he being discussed?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by samstone11

You are exactly correct. Even those of us who are Christian struggle with the human nature that fears the unknown. As a Christian, we are confident we will go to Heaven, but even the best descriptions in the Bible are very difficult to comprehend.

Certainly, there are many here on ATS who do not share my belief in Heaven, but that is something you really don't want to be wrong about. Assuming Heaven is as real as I believe, the non-believers are to be denied entrance. It's OK to disagree with me, but is it really worth the risk?

We may never know what Steve Jobs was experiencing, but the one certainty is that we will all someday have our own.

I wouldnt put money on it!!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join