It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Awesome Mistery of the Precolombian "Genetic Disc". Astonishing knowledge!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
is it just me or does it seem like they know a lot about anatomy; I mean wow I thought we were JUST learning about some of this stuff ya know over the past couple hundred years. Here they are knowing what semen looked like microscopicly and the egg aswell, insane really. As far as the other images hard to say, could have been given to them by the creators of the disc so that they understand how babies and the body worked for humans aswell as themselves or ya know perhaps just random art with not much significance.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AurelioMaghe

The blue area is simple, one being at the top for one offspring, the next segment has two(heaads toward the feet of the figure, and the third shows three(small round objects are heads, and there are multiples representing3 of them-so single birth, twins, and triplets

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
I guess anyone can carve lydite,or basanite.
The Romans managed to do it.

oh wow I have never seen this statue!!
is the silvery sheen because it is made of Ludite?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MrsBlonde

I think so.
Got it from here,en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I will say this about ludite ,the detail that can be achieved is stupendous

I say it is an overlooked artistic medium we should work with it more, duly noted for if I ever get a studio where I can work stone!!

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrsBlonde

Originally posted by kdog1982
I guess anyone can carve lydite,or basanite.
The Romans managed to do it.

oh wow I have never seen this statue!!
is the silvery sheen because it is made of Ludite?

Lydite is a type of Basanite Rock as is Jasper which is used for carvings and jewellery and has been used for eons. The Roman Statue of Agrippa Minor is indeed made of Basanite Rock but I think I'm correct in saying it is NOT made of Lydite, which is jet black.

The general concensus is that Lydite artifacts could have only been made by some form of melting of the rock into molds. The temperatures necessary must have been tremendous.

edit on 1-11-2011 by JB1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by JB1234

thanks for the info!

well there was thread here on ATS about some plants than render rock slushy enough to mold
and then I looked around on the interwebs and found a few recipes most involving vinegar of all things ,for doing the same thing,makes me want to experiment with it!

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by JB1234

Very interesting info there.
That is why I think that disk was molded.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Hmm, it is interesting but I cant help the feeling that the disc is a modern fake

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I think people don't give our human ancestors enough credit. They had thousands of years of observations of humans, inside and out. I don't think it would be that hard to imagine some ancient doctor opening up a person to see how things work. Common sense alone would lead to what most organ functions are.

It is nice to see something come forth that says humans were not as dumb as some people think we were back then.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS
Hmm, it is interesting but I cant help the feeling that the disc is a modern fake

I can't say, but I think that it would be an awful lot of trouble for a fake

there are some weird properties to of some of the other artifacts like glow in the dark star maps and such it's weird and there just aren't enough archeologists with the funding and the access to some of these places. so we ending finding things like this and they disappear into a void . Meanwhile nobody can stop talking about the Pyramids of Giza like they are the only story in archeology.
:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

The disc has no provenance as far as I can find. Until it's given an origin, it might as well be a piece of artwork made in the past few years.

Klaus Dona is the man who seems to have publicised it and he is not beyond presenting patently fake objects as mysterious. His objective is to give credit for anything achieved by our earlier ancestors to aliens. Only a couple of years ago, he was presenting images of a 'S. American pyramid' that glowed under blacklight and had an 'all seeing eye' at the apex. He's a hoaxer. Google 'lydite' tools/objects/artifacts/artefacts and they all trace back to his name. Lydite is real, but Dona has co-opted it to give it the 'Wow factor.'

"Wow!!! Lydite is so hard, these guys must have had aliens helping them make it!!"

So who's the 'doctor' looking at the 'ancient' object? It's Dr Algund Eemboom, a guy who pushes the 'aliens did it' alongside Dona and has had a moment on Ancient Aliens.

Next up is "Dr Jamie Gutierrez" (Bogota, Columbia) who is the claimed discoverer of the ancient object. He hasn't shared the origins so I guess we'll take his word for it? I mean, it's not like any of these guys have a history of deliberately misleading their audience is it?

They're all associated with each other and quote each other to lend false authority to the descriptions of the myriad objects they use in their travelling side-shows. Curiously, every image that Tin Eye can find is associated with websites featuring these guys.

I guess you accidentally linked the home page of the Vienna Museum instead of the collection page? That's a shame, because I've looked hard for a reference to this museum containing lydite artefacts or Muisca people collections. By sheer bad luck I could only find it referenced on the same websites I've linked above!

I've read your thread and haven't seen anyone posting a link to a site where this object has been verified or dated. It *might* be '6000 years old' but given the bad reputation of these 'ancient alien' people and your own record of posting hoaxes (by accident), I'll wait for other members to find an independent authentication.

edit on 2-11-2011 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

reply to post by JB1234

thanks for the info!

well there was thread here on ATS about some plants than render rock slushy enough to mold
and then I looked around on the interwebs and found a few recipes most involving vinegar of all things ,for doing the same thing,makes me want to experiment with it!

Such things can dissolve some minerals.

But you can't put humpty-dumpty back together again once you dissolve him!

Harte

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Thanks for the excellent debunk and analysis

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

reply to post by JB1234

thanks for the info!

Harte

well according to some of recipes you it does ,I mean the after you do that the stone doesn't have its original structure but it is still rock??? I dunno I want to try some of this ,(not on pyramids just with little rocks)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

reply to post by JB1234

thanks for the info!

Harte

well according to some of recipes you it does ,I mean the after you do that the stone doesn't have its original structure but it is still rock??? I dunno I want to try some of this ,(not on pyramids just with little rocks)

I would have to disagree with that.

You can reconstitute the dissolved stone particles with a mortar-type of mix, but you could make "stone" with that using sand or gravel, so why dissolve the stones in the first place?

Harte

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

reply to post by JB1234

thanks for the info!

Harte

I would have to disagree with that.

You can reconstitute the dissolved stone particles with a mortar-type of mix, but you could make "stone" with that using sand or gravel, so why dissolve the stones in the first place?

Harte

I don't know ,that is why experimental tinkering would prove useful regarding this question
If i ever get a big enough garage I'll let you know

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join