It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

While TSA Ramps Up Inside US,Northern Border Security Is Relaxed.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Why is the US Border Patrol relaxing their vigilance at the Canadian border?

SEATTLE — The U.S. Border Patrol has quietly stopped its controversial practice of routinely searching buses, trains and airports for illegal immigrants at transportation hubs along the northern border and in the U.S. interior, preventing agents from using what had long been an effective tool for tracking down people here illegally, The Associated Press has learned.
Current and former Border Patrol agents said field offices around America began receiving the order last month — soon after the Obama administration announced that to ease an overburdened immigration system, it would allow many illegal immigrants to remain in the country while it focuses on deporting those who have committed crimes.

US scales back northern border checks.

So,we have less scrutiny at the northern border but increased scrutiny within the US by the TSA in Tennessee and elsewhere.

Is the Obama administration looking to expose US citizens to danger to justify increased TSA abuses?

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Lol sorry i dont want to make fun of you or nothing, but the canadien border has to be the safest border you guys have to deal with, we do ship tons of weed down to the states, and you guys ship back coc aine and guns.

Im sure some illegals go accross but it must be such a minority compared to the mexicain border

So again canada should monitor what comes in our country not the opposite...

But im sure some evil terrorist up here are formenting crazy action vs the USA

just my 2 cents

Oh and keep your guns down there we dont need them

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I knew they couldn't go without our BACON for very long

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Ofcourse they relaxed it.
what we canucks gonna do send our moose and beavers to invade you?
I'd be more concerned of people from US coming to Canada rather than the other way around

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Read the article.It's about illegal immigration.

If I where a terrorist looking to enter the US the northern border would hold more possibilities than the southern border as it stands now.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Who cares?

Canadians are mostly white, and they speak english so keep them borders open!

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dezertdog

Ok so again how many illegal aliens do cross the canadien border to go to the states, im sure it happens but its such a minority that not many arrest are made, canada isisnt a 3rd world country like mexico, you so rarely hear of anything going through the border, all we hear really is drugs going back and forth and guns coming up north.

So sorry but really i dont see why the usa should waste more money staling canadien shopers that want to go invade your shoping malls.

I think the USA has a bigger problem with is own population, and the illegal aliens going through your southern border.

Have a nice day

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dezertdog

Oh also the last suposed terrorist caught at the border was i think in 2000 when a muslim dude drove accross canada to try to get in throught the brithish columbia washington state border, i cant remember anything since

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by GodefroydeBouillon

Lol sorry i dont want to make fun of you or nothing, but the canadien border has to be the safest border you guys have to deal with, we do ship tons of weed down to the states, and you guys ship back coc aine and guns.

Haha...I was thinking the same thing. I'm having a hard time recalling the last time I heard of some illegal immigrant pulling something at the Canadian border.....in fact, I don't think I EVER have.....LOL!

However, the OP's argument is valid if you apply it to the situation along the Mexican border. I certainly see no logic in placing random TSA checkpoints along U.S. highways looking for boogeymen terrorists when such a thing would be more useful in solving the urgent and realistic problems along the Mexican border.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by GodefroydeBouillon

Oh also the last suposed terrorist caught at the border was i think in 2000 when a muslim dude drove accross canada to try to get in throught the brithish columbia washington state border, i cant remember anything since

Did he have a bomb, or did the MSM just label him a terrorist because he was Muslim?.....LOL

top topics

join