It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemtrails and Weather Derivatives

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Are weather derivatives the reason chemtrails are sprayed? I don't know. It's very plausible. I believe I have provided here a great circumstantial case. The errant, singular chemtrail doesn't support the 'weather derivative market as a cause' thesis because a lone chemtrail would not have a significant impact on temperature or any other atmospheric condition. It might be done as a psychological operation. But, when downtown Phoenix is gridded with chemtrails on an otherwise clear day, producing a haze which is totally foreign to that climate, temperature (which drives weather derivative and energy markets) is probably effected significantly. Does anybody out there know of a study showing how much influence stratospheric aerosols have on temperature? After a Google search, I couldn't find one. Although, I did see some stuff that seemed to suggest that aerosols can move temperature 2 degrees F or more.

Weather derivatives by themselves are big money gambles. They may be valuable enough to make it worth putting planes up in the sky spraying stuff. If you divide last year's total market value ($12 billion) by the number of traded contracts (466,000), you get the average contract value which is $25,321. A matter of a few degrees on a given day or group of days could mean hundreds of thousands of dollars. The current weather derivatives market may not be big enough to support all chemtrail activity, but if you factor in the related multi-trillion dollar energy futures markets and energy company revenues, I don't have much doubt that there is enough to support it.

The fact that chemtrails are sprayed over mostly urban areas makes sense if one of the desired effects is manipulated power usage. More people and therefore more power consumers affected per square mile means a more efficient operation.

The weather derivatives market and probably other opportunities were made possible by deregulation of the energy market. Enron founded the weather derivatives market. Was the Department of Energy in bed with Enron? I wouldn't doubt it.

The fact that Enron founded the market is very dubious. This is a company whose accounting firm, Arthur Andersen, shredded more than a ton of their documents in one day as Enron's chairman Ken Lay told everybody everything was fine. When Enron CEO Lou Pai's wife found out about his stripper girlfriend complete with his love child, she divorced him. Enron's bankruptcy resulted in at least 33 criminal charges against employees and executives. People suffered under high power costs inflated by Enron. When Enron and their cronies intentionally disrupted power service as they were known to do, people were injured and died. Who knows how many bodies they left? These guys were not playing patty cakes. These guys ARE the Nazi party. Have you ever heard of something called 'Operation Paperclip'? If you like being ripped-off, beaten and murdered, you'll love these guys. Personally, I'm not into that. I wouldn't put anything past Enron.

Notes:
-'Weather Products; Managing global weather exposures. Growing opportunities. Reducing Risks' Chicago Mercantile Exchange brochure 2009
-'Hedge Funds Pluck Money From Air in $19 Billion Weather Gamble' by Peter Robison, Bloomberg Aug 1, 2007
-'Weather Derivatives Instruments and Pricing Issues' by Financial Engineering Associates 2000
-'Weather Derivatives' by Pauline Barrieu & Olivier Scaillet, London School of Economics, Swiss Finance Institute and University of Geneva 2008
-'Want a Weather Forecast? Ask Wall Street' by Alice Gomstyn, Rich Blake and Dalia Fahmy ABC News 2010
-'Weather derivatives becoming hot commodities' USA today 2008
-'Firing Up the Market for Weather Contracts' by Antoine Gara, Bloomberg Businessweek 2011
-'OTC weather risk market grows 30% to $2.4bn' by Charlotte Dudley, EnvironmentalFinance.com 2011
-'Introduction to Weather Derivatives' by Geoffrey Considine, Ph.D.
-'Weather, Finance and Meteorology- forecasting and derivatives' by Samuel Randalls School of Geography, Earth and Environmental Sciences, University of Birmingham

WEBSITES:
wrma.org
cmegroup.com/trading/weather

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRealMrX

one could make a killing speculating on the market and being a weather person.
All you would have to do is watch for an approaching frontal system, then bet on the persistent contrails to follow.
It would be like taking candy from idiots. To easy.
But a fascinating theory.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Very interesting idea. I'm liking the dates as well which you can find here:

www.investopedia.com...

At least $1 trillion of our economy is weather-sensitive.

In the late 1990s, people began to realize that if they quantified and indexed weather in terms of monthly or seasonal average temperatures, and attached a dollar amount to each index value, they could in a sense "package" and trade weather.

It started in 1997 and by 1999 was an $8 billion industry. It initially sounds like educated gambling, like poker, but not if you own the weather or at least some of it. Wonder where the insider trading hints on this go.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
It's an interesting theory, however it fails on the cost issue, and on the risk issue. The vast majority of that $12 Billion yearly market has to be plausible hedges against the negative impacts of the weather in other investments, such as energy. Realistically you are only going to get $1B or so as a possible insider trade on the weather, and the profit is likely to be pretty low.

Consider that geoengineering proposals costing tens billions per year only alter the temperature in the range of half a degree, and natural yearly random variation is ten times that, then you'd have to spend tens of billions of dollars a year, for at least 20 year, to have an above average chance of making any money.

Plus, if there WAS any effect from geoengineering that pushed the average away from actuarial norms, then they would be statistically visible.

The only way you could do it would be to have a sure-fire and cheap method of totally controlling the entire years's weather that you could then use to affect each individual year's weather in a way where the average remain the same, but you make money betting on individual years.

Persistent contrails are not that. Natural variations in the weather still vastly outweigh anything come from the back of planes.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

The only way you could do it would be to have a sure-fire and cheap method of totally controlling the entire years's weather that you could then use to affect each individual year's weather in a way where the average remain the same, but you make money betting on individual years.

Or to know that nothing was going to be able to alter the march of warming but to have a way, weather modification, to temporarily cool some areas (snow-rain-storms) and give a localized impression of cooling. This would work particularly well in denser population areas i.e. SO CA and the eastern seaboard. Then the global temperature would still be rising but individual locallities would be fooled and incorrectly bet on the most popular weather derivative - global temperature. Then the bank (who ever that is) collects.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRealMrX
Are weather derivatives the reason chemtrails are sprayed?

IF there weer such a thing as chemtrails that were being sprayed to control the weather, then yes - I think weather derivatives might be an important reason for doing it.

Of course there's still that pesky initial "IF" that gets in the way of it being actual fact.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by luxordelphi

Or to know that nothing was going to be able to alter the march of warming but to have a way, weather modification, to temporarily cool some areas (snow-rain-storms) and give a localized impression of cooling. This would work particularly well in denser population areas i.e. SO CA and the eastern seaboard. Then the global temperature would still be rising but individual locallities would be fooled and incorrectly bet on the most popular weather derivative - global temperature. Then the bank (who ever that is) collects.

I don't think localities are going to take huge gambles on global weather by looking out the windows. They do have the internet.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
S/f Op . Great thread and find. I am suppying a link for you and whoever wants to look at it. It was on Channel 4 in Los Angeles. Thanks again and ignore the distracions..

www.youtube.com...#!

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRealMrX

I think you're on to something here. Weather derivatives are being offset by chemtrails! It's unfair, just like how they use derivatives on loans, obviously the banks are causing the loans to fail so they get more money off the derivatives.

Get a grip.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Except that the agencies and utlities that contract the very limited number of cloud seeding aircraft, have a specific purpose in mind for it.

For example, there is a power company in the state between Montana and Oregon, that contracts a twin engine plane for seeding into snowstorms. Why? they want a bit more snow to fall as snowpack, if possible. They only send the plane up in very specific conditions, and not very often.

Or there is Santa Barbara having ground based AgI propane burning generators.

Or an airport like Salt Lake City that uses a plane and dry ice to try and increase airport approach visibility enough to help planes get in.

So do we include these in this plot?

top topics

join