It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hunters and semi-automatic weapons!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend
My Dad's told me a million times, hunters like that have no clue what they're shooting at, so stay the heck away from them.

...and your dad is 100% right.

I'm a hunter. I literally just got back from a week in the woods. 1200 acres of woodland and I was the only one on it.

I could have shot like I was trying to start a war if I wanted to... and scared off every bit of game around.

However, I only pulled the trigger one time for the whole week - after making sure of my target, sure I could make the shot, etc.

I've been around guys like that and I hate 'em - they give hunters a very bad rap. Your problem isn't semi-autos, its a few loose nuts acting like maniacs.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

Semi Auto rifles are typically restricted to 5 round mags for hunting use.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend
What is with these people? They've been target practicing all morning with semi-automatic weapons and it's not even hunting season yet! Do they really need to practice unloading the gun over and over? Is it really necessary to even have a semi-automatic gun for hunting? I say we ban the auto crap and make these fools hunt with pump action shotguns and bolt action rifles! It would save them money, and give the animals a chance! Who's with me?
edit on 30-10-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

I think you should learn about weapons, single shot, pump, lever action, semi-auto, 3 round busts and full auto...You had drivers education..right? to learn to drive...well they do the same with shooting...sighting in, adjusting sights and scopes to ensure a good shot placement.
Plus its our right to shoot, if we want to...I am sure you do things that bother me...but I am not saying anything yet...although if your going to be against guns and post in a survival forum, you might wanna find a different sight or forum to post in, because weapons are a part of survival....bows and arrows are weapons, so are sling shots and yes they are quieter...but usually...are a longer slower death for the animal...just so you know.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join