It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former IDF Chief "Smash Hamas"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

My opinion is that the statements made by the General are no different than what some other nations military leaders (usualy retired) are saying from time to time. I assume he is retired? Is that what "(res)" means?

U.S. military leaders have said similar about U.S. policy and related NATO operations.

This is simply more fuel for the whole world war machine and for the U.N. debate over Palestine statehood.

Of course they know people will start re-blaming Iran soon enough for supplying Gaza.

I have always wondered why Israel, with all its' might, hasn't leveled the area by now.

Obviously that's not in their game plan .... or it would have happened by now.

This is just another rebel rousing speech to help rally the waning support.

Also, what does the fact that Arab countries "expelled" Jews from the lands and filled Israel in the 20th century have to do with Israel invading Gaza? Was there a genuine "expulsion" or were there incentives? Perhaps some incentives prior to Israel establishing the State?

Strange how the mandate after WW1 is still riddled with question marks after 90 years of bickering.

History is thin on true details as usual.

dontreally:

you have much knowlege on these subjects.

friendly suggestion:

make a few more direct citations in addition to your writings.

not everybody is familiar with history's details.

and maybe lighten up just a little .... your points may get a better opinion.

edit on Oct-30-2011 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I recommend to people to go on google earth and look at how MASSIVELY HUGE GIGANTIC ENORMOUS the Gaza Strip is. I mean, this thing is the death star. It's a monster of a country.

I'll make it easy for you, just go here:
www.google.com...

Download and then go to Israel and make sure you turn on Borders and Layers in the Layers panel. Keep in mind there're many Israel settlements and military points in the West Bank. The google border is misleading with respect to these things because it causes assumptions.

Here is a better explanation and map of the west bank which shows where hte settlements are:
mondoweiss.net ...

See for yourself.
edit on 30-10-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally

Former IDF Chief of Staff, Lt. Gen. (res.) Dan Halutz, thinks Israel should mount a crushing offensive against Gaza. He called for a "mortal blow" to be dealt to Hamas's civilian and "military" leadership.

In an interview with IDF Radio, Halutz said, "We must bring back our deterrence vis-à-vis Gaza. It has not existed for even one moment since Operation Cast Lead and to this day."

Halutz said that in the end, Israel will have to conduct an extensive operation of this kind, and there is no reason to wait. "A rocket struck an empty school on the Sabbath," he said. "Why wait until a rocket strikes a full school in the middle of the day?"
"This must be dealt with through a strong blow, beyond the expectations of the other side," he explained. "The other side creates equations based on its own preferences and we have to create different equations based on what is good for us."

Link

Makes a whole lot of sense... Why delay the inevitable?? Why wait for a tragedy to strike before you do what inevitably needs to be done?

Israel needs to enter Gaza with more then just commandos, but with Tanks and tens of thousands of soldiers. Occupy the Gaza strip until Hamas is destroyed. Destroy not just Hamas, but their media networks. THAT is the only way to end the diabolical Jew hatred they teach their citizens. It wont end anyother way.

This is harsh, but its true.
edit on 30-10-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

Right, and the cycle of death will never stop. Eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth doesn't really apply to this age. This is 2011 A.D. not 2011 B.C.E. There will never be peace until both sides can have something of value they truly both want. Give the palestinians their statehood and do it in peace in the spirit of brotherhood and the palestinians can call the muslim wakf out of the temple mount. There is more than enough room on that damned mountain for the dome of the rock and the 3rd temple. Who cares if the holy of holies isn't in the same place, for hundreds of years the holy of holies was in a damned tent. If it is a religious problem learn to share, God hates selfish people anyway.

Destroy not just Hamas, but their media networks. THAT is the only way to end the diabolical Jew hatred they teach their citizens. It wont end anyother way.

"Diabolical" jew hatred. Dude have you bothered to listen to yourself? Your words ooze prejudice and hatred no different than anything they have ever done. Jesus said "judge not lest you be judged, for the measure you judge others shall be the measure used to judge you" Acts of good can never be born from acts of evil, acts of love can never be born from acts of hatred. Fine, if they teach their people hatred then you prove them different than the lies they teach by being different than what they say. My Lord Jesus Christ was a living example of how jews should live and be. The kindest words can mend a broken heart, the harshest words can maim and kill. The hate and anger and hurt and broken hearts will never be healed until someone steps out and breaks the cycle. If they will not do it, then it must be the jews. You can prove who is the better by rising above it and being the better people by promoting love and peace and kindness. Jesus also said "if you live by the sword you shall die by the sword". That is pretty self explanatory if you ask me.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Halutz said that in the end, Israel will have to conduct an extensive operation of this kind, and there is no reason to wait. "A rocket struck an empty school on the Sabbath," he said. "Why wait until a rocket strikes a full school in the middle of the day?"

I like how the israelis and their supporters go on about living in fear of Palestinians rockets, without actually mentioning the real numbers and statistics. Probably its because they know that they would be laughed out of the discussion hall.

Now, how many israelis have been killed by Palestinian rockets, again? And how does it even compare to the number of Palestinians killed by Israeli weapons?

edit on 30-10-2011 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Pleae don't open your mouth so soon:
en.wikipedia.org...

....Between 2001 and January 2009, over 8,600 rockets had been launched, leading to 28 deaths and several hundred injuries,[1][2] as well as widespread psychological trauma and disruption of daily life.[3]

Here is my previous post here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

At least 178 rockets have been launched in 2011, likely more. This IS terrorism.

Israel is protecting its interests. They have a right to national security! If they can be blamed for ANYTHING, it's accepting the creation of Israel in 1948! That's what started ALL of this! The arabs in that region, including the exiled palestinians, did not accept the UN decleration of Israel, so a war broke out. This war, essentially, has went on in different ways ever since. The blame is not squarely on Israel. Israel is trying to protect itself. If you want to blame someone, blame the UN.
edit on 31-10-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join