It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stinking Contrails!!! What will they think of next??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby

I started the thread almost as fast as I came back in the house. After several posts I did a search and was surprised to find there are accounts of this happening. I have included several links,

But you have not described the smell.
What did it smell like ?....and how is it familiar ?

You must understand our questions when you do not describe it, or how is it familiar ?

For example, say I said I smell something strange, and I hear trucks in the far distance. Is it the truck exhaust, or what the trucks are hauling, or something completely unassociated with the trucks ?
How do you know ?

edit on 31-10-2011 by EyeDontKnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by EyeDontKnow

It smelled like a cross between a metallic and spoiled food odor.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

Ozone is often described as "a sick-sweet smell."
Have you had a change inb the weather lately? Which direction was the wind blowing?
Are you within a mile or so of a power-plant, electrical substation, dry-cleaner or dumpsters?

The odds are against your smelling airplane exhaust.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
So let me get this straight.

You smell something in the air. You also see a jet aircraft off in the distance.

So therefore, the jet made the smell. Not sure I get this one. Why was it not a ground source?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Yes you got it right.My neighbors said they smelled it too and I already posted on this so re read it. You might also google the subject and you will see that many others have a story to tell on this subject. Maybe you should drop them an email if possible and get their testimony.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby
Yes you got it right.My neighbors said they smelled it too and I already posted on this so re read it. You might also google the subject and you will see that many others have a story to tell on this subject. Maybe you should drop them an email if possible and get their testimony.

Seems like you are missing a few steps of logic in here. How did you tie it to an airplane off in the distance many mile away?

Are aircraft the origin of most smells and pollutions to you?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by firepilot

Seems like you can't read either,

You might also google the subject and you will see that many others have a story to tell on this subject. Maybe you should drop them an email if possible and get their testimony.

Is that in a language you can't read? Or are you just ,,,,,,

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Stinking Contrails!!! What will they think of next??

How about... contrails in all the colors of the rainbow!?

That would be epic

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Resinveins

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9f3047c17fcb.jpg[/atsimg]

Source: contrailscience.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

Just wondering if you are going to answer the question that was asked..

Seems like you are missing a few steps of logic in here. How did you tie it to an airplane off in the distance many mile away?

Sounds like a very good question if you ask me.

So, how did you tie that smell to an aircraft is off in the distance? just wondering....

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Resinveins

In addition to Uncinus's photo - there's a bunch of them on this page - scroll down until you find them

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I would say you're confusing association with causation (www.gather.com...) along with a healthy dose of confirmation bias (en.wikipedia.org...).

The power of suggestion is powerful indeed. Once you get it in your head that contrails might be causing the smell, you'll tend to look for experiences to confirm this while discarding the experiences that do not fit (en.wikipedia.org... , en.wikipedia.org...)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

Damn.. that's spookier than clowns

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join